Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes and No. It was the lying under oath that bought the impeachment charge.

Right, and with Willis it is the person she was having sex with buying her gifts.

The root of both of them is a sexual relationship.

Which according to Bill Barr (see his efforts to drop the charges against Mike Flynn) was not a material lie, so it should not have led to any kind of legal actions.

And the whole affair thing wasn’t even the reason for the impeachment inquiry. It was what Ken Starr had to go with because he couldn’t prove any of the corruption he was sent to find about Whitewater. He was roundly criticized for his choices and ridiculed for his ever-broadening probe that was desperate to find something, anything to impeach Clinton for.

The courts are not supposed to operate in a purely political manner, like impeachment inquiries, which are inherently political.

Which according to Bill Barr (see his efforts to drop the charges against Mike Flynn) was not a material lie, so it should not have led to any kind of legal actions.
    That depends on what the definition of “was” was. 😉

And the whole affair thing wasn’t even the reason for the impeachment inquiry. It was what Ken Starr had to go with because he couldn’t prove any of the corruption he was sent to find about Whitewater. He was roundly criticized for his choices and ridiculed for his ever-broadening probe that was desperate to find something, anything to impeach Clinton for.

The courts are not supposed to operate in a purely political manner, like impeachment inquiries, which are inherently political.
    That impeachment was a true farce, which is why it rightly helped Clinton.

That depends on what the definition of “was” was. 😉

Yeah, exactly. I personally love it when I hear people who hate Clinton bring that up. Anyone who brings that up as some kind of indication of how corrupt Clinton was clearly does not understand what the whole "definition of is" thing was all about.

That impeachment was a true farce, which is why it rightly helped Clinton.
    Yep, his highest approval rating came right after his impeachment.

I remember watching the trial begin. Chief justice William Renquist walks out and
    takes his seat. A few minutes into the proceedings I got the feeling he was thinking
    this shirt is a waste of my time.

This guy is a white collar crime law professor at GWU. I think his take is a reasonable one. It’s a little long but I think it’s worth it.

Ultimately, the last tweet says exactly how I feel about this. Incredibly reckless and poor judgement indeed. Whether the judge gives them a favorable ruling, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. That this even a discussion is something Willis probably won't live down anytime soon. I personally think she should withdraw from the case and let someone else handle it. But it seems like they're intent on seeing this through. I hope it's the right choice.

Ultimately, the last tweet says exactly how I feel about this. Incredibly reckless and poor judgement indeed. Whether the judge gives them a favorable ruling, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. That this even a discussion is something Willis probably won't live down anytime soon. I personally think she should withdraw from the case and let someone else handle it. But it seems like they're intent on seeing this through. I hope it's the right choice.
    I agree it was poor judgement. But it has nothing to do with the case, she shouldn’t be made to withdraw.

Things have gotten more difficult for Cheseboro, former Harvard law grad now facing multiple felony counts and likely more.

Seriously, Harvard may want to look at their admission requirements or implement some type of assessment program. How stupid can you be? Prosecutors gave you every opportunity to come clean. Now that immunity is about to go bye-bye. Idiot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom