Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

well the only remorse was she got caught.

Jenna Ellis Receives Over $100K in Donations After Trump Refuses To Help​

"Jenna Ellis, former senior legal adviser and personal counsel to President Trump, is being targeted and the government is trying to criminalize the practice of law. Help her fight back and stand for the truth!"

Those supporting Ellis include Dinesh D'Souza, a Trump-supporting political commentator who donated $10,000. Ellis also made an appearance on D'Souza's podcast, where the host urged listeners to donate to her defense, commenting: "It doesn't really matter whether Jenna is a Trumpster right now, or whether she's a DeSantis person, she's on our side on this issue and we are all in the crosshairs."

Ellis has been charged on two counts, one of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer and the second for allegedly violating Georgia's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. The latter charge, which all 19 Georgia defendants are facing including Trump, carries a maximum prison sentence of 20 years if convicted.

Could all the Democrats switch parties, help elect someone sane, then switch back?
    Conversely, is there some kind of overarching authority that can declare a split in the GOP? They're essentially two parties already, why not say the Freedom Caucus is now their own, separate thing?
    Yeah, the Republicans wouldn't have a majority anymore but it's not like they really have one now.

I can't help but engaging in some schadenfreude with Jenna Ellis. Here is a person who, with absolutely zero merit of her own, found herself shot through the ranks of right-wing media as a "constitutional scholar" or "constitutional lawyer" to the president's legal team - while she was clearly neither and utterly lacked the self-awareness and general modesty to say what was obvious to everyone else who knows.

She graduated from Richmond U. law in 2011 and returned home and passed the Colorado bar at some point - she didn't get her first job until the next year, and it was as a low level county prosecutor, primarily working traffic court in Weld County, Colorado (a northern CO county with 325K people). She was fired from that job for poor performance (the evaluation noted "deficiencies in her education and experience"). Thereafter, she did some very low-level private practice work - domestic and other types of cases, zero appellate work. In 2015, she became an adjunct professor at a Christian college outside of Denver where she taught undergraduate courses in pre-law. At that time she also self-published a book called "The Legal Basis for a Moral Constitution: A Guide for Christians to Understand America's Constitutional Crisis" which I haven't read but I did read her Forward and it's just a mess of buzzword junk written in ninth-grade prose.

But somehow on this record, and with her own self-celebration, she became a "constitutional lawyer" with a strong Christian background ready to go on right-wing radio and TV media to talk about Trump and the election. She had zero practical experience in constitutional disputes, she had zero experience in election law, she had zero experience in the workings of the federal government and/or the presidency, and she had been fired from the one legal job she actually had - due to deficiencies in her education and experience.

And the worst part was how she carried on as if it were real - this "Dr. Jenna Ellis, Esq., Constitutional Lawyer" persona that she then make all sorts of just junk observations about how things (don't actually) work. She was out of her league from day one, possessing none of the knowledge or skill that she claimed, and she was wholly incapable to even realize what a mess she was in.

That's precisely what her comments to the court contained yesterday - I didn't know what I was doing, I listened to other more experienced lawyers and I lacked the professional capacity to know they were advocating unlawful strategies based on falsehoods and mischaracterizations of law. Oh is that so, Dr. Jenna Ellis, Esq. Constitutional Lawyer?

I always thought that that she's just so bad at being a lawyer that she doesn't even realize how bad she is - sort of a "bless your heart" thing. But she also leaned into it, claimed experience she didn't have, and boasted of qualities she lacked. She's an emblem of the right-wing infrastructure, where tribal tags like "Christian" far outweigh actual merit and skill.

I wouldn't expect that she has that much to offer to the prosecution apart from verifying what she saw and heard. She's a total dingbat.

Last edited:
    I always thought that that she's just so bad at being a lawyer that she doesn't even realize how bad she is - sort of a "bless your heart" thing. But she also leaned into it, claimed experience she didn't have, and boasted of qualities she lacked. She's an emblem of the right-wing infrastructure, where tribal tags like "Christian" far outweigh actual merit and skill.

I wouldn't expect that she has that much to offer to the prosecution apart from verifying what she saw and heard. She's a total dingbat.
    its amazing is that ll you need is the right Christian buzzwords and your the best of the best. I bet she does not give back all the money she begged to fight the injustices of it all.

I can't help but engaging in some schadenfreude with Jenna Ellis. Here is a person who, with absolutely zero merit of her own, found herself shot through the ranks of right-wing media as a "constitutional scholar" or "constitutional lawyer" to the president's legal team - while she was clearly neither and utterly lacked the self-awareness and general modesty to say what was obvious to everyone else who knows.

She graduated from Richmond U. law in 2011 and returned home and passed the Colorado bar at some point - she didn't get her first job until the next year, and it was as a low level county prosecutor, primarily working traffic court in Weld County, Colorado (a northern CO county with 325K people). She was fired from that job for poor performance (the evaluation noted "deficiencies in her education and experience"). Thereafter, she did some very low-level private practice work - domestic and other types of cases, zero appellate work. In 2015, she became an adjunct professor at a Christian college outside of Denver where she taught undergraduate courses in pre-law. At that time she also self-published a book called "The Legal Basis for a Moral Constitution: A Guide for Christians to Understand America's Constitutional Crisis" which I haven't read but I did read her Forward and it's just a mess of buzzword junk written in ninth-grade prose.

But somehow on this record, and with her own self-celebration, she became a "constitutional lawyer" with a strong Christian background ready to go on right-wing radio and TV media to talk about Trump and the election. She had zero practical experience in constitutional disputes, she had zero experience in election law, she had zero experience in the workings of the federal government and/or the presidency, and she had been fired from the one legal job she actually had - due to deficiencies in her education and experience.

And the worst part was how she carried on as if it were real - this "Dr. Jenna Ellis, Esq., Constitutional Lawyer" persona that she then make all sorts of just junk observations about how things (don't actually) work. She was out of her league from day one, possessing none of the knowledge or skill that she claimed, and she was wholly incapable to even realize what a mess she was in.

That's precisely what her comments to the court contained yesterday - I didn't know what I was doing, I listened to other more experienced lawyers and I lacked the professional capacity to know they were advocating unlawful strategies based on falsehoods and mischaracterizations of law. Oh is that so, Dr. Jenna Ellis, Esq. Constitutional Lawyer?

so a female George Santos?

CNN) – Fulton County prosecutors have discussed potential plea deals with at least six additional co-defendants charged alongside Donald Trump for attempting to subvert the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources tell CNN.

The strategy by District Attorney Fani Willis’ office is clear: get as many co-defendants as possible to flip on the former president, leaving Trump and perhaps a few close allies on the hot seat.

Pro-Trump lawyer Robert Cheeley is among those who have been offered a plea deal in the Georgia case but, according to his lawyer, turned it down…….

would it make sense for Willis to announce how many more deals they'll be offering?

"We're doing 5 more plea deals. that's it. After that, we're coming after you with everything we have, recommending the maximum sentence allowed by law and we won't care what information or evidence you have. The plea train will have left the station"

would it make sense for Willis to announce how many more deals they'll be offering?

"We're doing 5 more plea deals. that's it. After that, we're coming after you with everything we have, recommending the maximum sentence allowed by law and we won't care what information or evidence you have. The plea train will have left the station"

I think the remaining defendants and their attorneys have a pretty good idea who will get offer/who wont.

And let them surmise- shoot leaving it "unknown" may cause one or more to reach out to DA vs DA offering.

She is moving pieces on a chess board and slowly hemming in what remaining pieces Trump et al have left. Trump has no moves left except 1 square right or left.

I say revoke her deal and prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law:

An Alabama man has been indicted after allegedly threatening the Georgia district attorney who is prosecuting former president Donald Trump and several of his associates for trying to overturn the 2020 election.

Authorities say the man also threatened the sheriff whose jail briefly processed Trump.
Arthur Ray Hanson II faces charges of transmitting interstate threats to injure Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and Sheriff Patrick Labat, federal prosecutors announced Monday.

The 59-year-old Huntsville man’s case is being investigated by the FBI.
“Threats against public servants are not only illegal, but also a threat against our democratic process,” said Keri Farley, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Atlanta office……

An Alabama man has been indicted after allegedly threatening the Georgia district attorney who is prosecuting former president Donald Trump and several of his associates for trying to overturn the 2020 election.

Authorities say the man also threatened the sheriff whose jail briefly processed Trump.
Arthur Ray Hanson II faces charges of transmitting interstate threats to injure Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and Sheriff Patrick Labat, federal prosecutors announced Monday.

The 59-year-old Huntsville man’s case is being investigated by the FBI.
“Threats against public servants are not only illegal, but also a threat against our democratic process,” said Keri Farley, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Atlanta office……

could you imagine ruining your life (i'd have to guess this guy wasn't exactly a liked person) over something you got brainwashed into?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom