Trump’s decision on Syria (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I heard a lot of talk this morning on this seemingly abrupt decision. I heard worry that Turkey will roll into Syria and massacre the Kurds who have been one of our most loyal allies in the region. Lindsey Graham isn’t a big fan, and I think when Trump flirted with this decision before is when Jim Mattis resigned, but I may be misremembering that.

What I have not heard is why Trump is doing this now, when he was dissuaded before. What has changed to cause us to abandon the Kurds to an oppressive regime that is certainly capable of rolling in there to slaughter them? Graham seems more concerned that this gives ISIS a new boost.

"This impulsive decision by the President has undone all the gains we've made, thrown the region into further chaos. Iran is licking their chops. And if I'm an ISIS fighter I've got a second lease on life. So to those who think ISIS has been defeated you will soon see," Graham said during an interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

"I hope I'm making myself clear how shortsighted and irresponsible this decision is in my view," the South Carolina Republican added.

Graham, a supporter of the President who has at times previously split with him publicly, said, "I like President Trump. I've tried to help him. This to me is just unnerving to its core to say to the American people, 'ISIS has been destroyed in Syria' -- (that) is not true."

So that means you think we should put American lives in jeopardy in order to stand between Turkey and Kurdish forces?

As far as I know, we don't have any agreement to shed American blood to protect the Kurds.

American lives would not be at risk from Turkey.

If we had left our forces there they never would have went in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom