Below are the top political news stories of the day: ¯\_(?)_/¯
- Five takeaways from Lev Parnas's Maddow interview - The Hill | Lev Parnas revealed new accusations against President Trump and his administration in interview with Rachel Maddow
- Parnas, in rare interview, undermines Dems' claims that Trump team surveilled Ukraine ambassador - Fox News | Parnas seemingly suggested Yovanovitch was being secretly monitored were in reality just the ramblings of a "drunk."
- Giuliani associate Parnas says Trump 'knew exactly what was going on' - MSN | “He was aware of all my movements. I wouldn't do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani, or the president.
- Trump’s defenders to play to many audiences in Senate trial - AP | Proceedings in the staid Senate are expected to run cooler than the fiery partisanship that was on display in the House.
- Democratic impeachment managers will need some GOP help - AP | “We’re going to make the case,” - House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff
- Democrats to investigate ‘profoundly alarming’ Ukraine texts - AP | Text messages that have raised questions about the possible surveillance of former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch before she was ousted.
- Political battle heats up surrounding Wisconsin voter purge case - news8000 | The potential removal of more than 200,000 voters from Wisconsin roles may impact the November presidential election in the state.
- House leaders march Trump impeachment articles to the Senate - AP | Trump complained anew it was all a “hoax,” even as fresh details emerged about his efforts in Ukraine.
- Democrats clash with Republicans over prospect of calling Hunter Biden in impeachment trial - Fox News | “The relevant question is relevance. In any trial you call witnesses who have information about the allegations, about the charges,” Nadler told reporters Wednesday.
- Democrats differ on US-Mideast wars, with no clear exit plan - AP | Their solutions range from pulling out to cutting back.
- ‘National Parents Union’ to Challenge Political Influence of Teachers Groups - U.S. News | Parents, frustrated with shifting political winds in K-12 education, are doing what parents have been known to do for centuries: Go it alone.
- Judge halts Trump’s order allowing states to block refugees - AP | Igniting a fierce debate in communities about how welcoming the United States should be.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s false superlative on China deal - AP | TRUMP: “This is the biggest deal there is anywhere in the world by far.’’ — remarks at the signing.
- ‘You called me a liar,’ Warren told Sanders - AP | During a tense, post-debate exchange in which she refused to shake his outstretched hand.
- Trump, his advisers focused on two rivals in the Democratic presidential primary - Salt Lake Tribune | His campaign staff sees Senator Bernie Sanders as their ideal opponent in November.
- Both political parties are furious McConnell wants to hide Senators from Americans during impeachment - RS | Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) said that the move sends the “wrong message.”
- Putin's political rival reacts to Russian government's resignation - CNN | The entire Russian government is resigning, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev announced, after Vladimir Putin propossweeping reforms...