Today’s Shooting (ongoing topic) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score
    I own 4 guns and I want to see gun regulations. Decades ago, the NRA was taken over by Right Wing Gun Nuts morphed the organization from gun safety, into a desire to see zero gun regulation. Their fear was that any regulations/restrictions was step 1 and that step 10 would be a total ban. Then they promoted other ideas like Stand Your Ground and actually legislated laws that made the phrase uttered by the gun owner, “I feared for my life” their get out of jail card, ie don’t question the motivations of a legal gun owner. I had never heard of such ridiculousness before, because it can and has been abused.

The huge insurmountable issue unless we are willing to face it is:
    • Being awash in millions of guns.
    • The nightmare for law enforcement.
    • That it takes much more effort to get a driver’s license than to carry a gun,
    • Zero mental screenings to qualify for gun ownership.
    • Zero oversight to carry a lethal weapon. Carry permits are routinely issued just because I want my precious with me at all times.
    The bottom line here is that we live in an over the top gun culture, easy access to guns are the top priority, even over citizens’ and childrens’ lives, the streets run red daily in blood, and any punitive action happens only after the damage is done. When will we collectively get sick of this? :unsure:

Last edited:
    We couldn’t possibly post all of them. This is just horrible.

I know the superintendent of Lake Wales Charter Schools personally. Apparently, one of the victims was a teacher in the area, but I don't know if it's one of his yet.

Terrible.

Gee, guess what kind of firearm the Texas mall shooter used?

Some witnesses described the gunman as dressed all in black and wearing combat gear. Footage taken after the gunman's death appeared to show an AR-15 style rifle lying near his body.

This Texas Democrat voted against banning the AR15.

"Enrique Roberto Cuellar is an American attorney and politician serving as the U.S. representative for Texas's 28th congressional district since 2005. A member of the Democratic Party, he is considered one of the most conservative representatives in the Democratic caucus."

When asked why today he said, "Because I believe in the 2nd Amendment."

Banning a weapon like the AR15 doesn't do anything to the 2nd Amendment.

This Texas Democrat voted against banning the AR15.

"Enrique Roberto Cuellar is an American attorney and politician serving as the U.S. representative for Texas's 28th congressional district since 2005. A member of the Democratic Party, he is considered one of the most conservative representatives in the Democratic caucus."

When asked why today he said, "Because I believe in the 2nd Amendment."

Banning a weapon like the AR15 doesn't do anything to the 2nd Amendment.

Enrique sounds like he just wants to get re-elected at any cost, he should just switch parties....

Lots of misinformation about this latest shooter. They will do anything to blame something other than easy access to war weapons.

This article has a graphical trend of child deaths since the 2000s.

Btw Thoughts and Prayers /s

Lots of misinformation about this latest shooter. They will do anything to blame something other than easy access to war weapons.

It's pathetic. They babble on about how complex the problem is. There's one problem, access to weapons carried by infantrymen in the US military.

The most recent shooter was Hispanic, so some MAGA Rs are going hard on the “he’s a Mexican gang member” angle. When he was actually a member of a Russian Nazi website, and a fan of Libs of TikTok. Oh, and BTW the new Twitter policy of elevating blue checks to the top of replies sure makes it easier to block all the MAGA trolls at one fell swoop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom