Today’s Shooting (ongoing topic) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score
    I own 4 guns and I want to see gun regulations. Decades ago, the NRA was taken over by Right Wing Gun Nuts morphed the organization from gun safety, into a desire to see zero gun regulation. Their fear was that any regulations/restrictions was step 1 and that step 10 would be a total ban. Then they promoted other ideas like Stand Your Ground and actually legislated laws that made the phrase uttered by the gun owner, “I feared for my life” their get out of jail card, ie don’t question the motivations of a legal gun owner. I had never heard of such ridiculousness before, because it can and has been abused.

The huge insurmountable issue unless we are willing to face it is:
    • Being awash in millions of guns.
    • The nightmare for law enforcement.
    • That it takes much more effort to get a driver’s license than to carry a gun,
    • Zero mental screenings to qualify for gun ownership.
    • Zero oversight to carry a lethal weapon. Carry permits are routinely issued just because I want my precious with me at all times.
    The bottom line here is that we live in an over the top gun culture, easy access to guns are the top priority, even over citizens’ and childrens’ lives, the streets run red daily in blood, and any punitive action happens only after the damage is done. When will we collectively get sick of this? :unsure:

Last edited:
    Here’s a novel idea: some people shouldn’t have firearms.

This is not the way anyone wants to live. Rs need to pay for doing this to America.

Detectives say Doyle told them that when he went back outside he saw people running away from his property and began shooting at them, unknowingly hitting the girl.

The girl was admitted to a local hospital where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Doyle was arrested and booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center for aggravated battery, four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and the illegal discharge of a firearm. His bond is still pending.

Detectives say Doyle told them that when he went back outside he saw people running away from his property and began shooting at them, unknowingly hitting the girl.

The girl was admitted to a local hospital where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Doyle was arrested and booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center for aggravated battery, four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm and the illegal discharge of a firearm. His bond is still pending.

"I saw people running away from my vicinity, so I shot at them" is a hell of a defense...

The more I see stories like this, the more I think that every woman in America who has a restraining order against her ex should just shoot him the next time she sees him. What have you got to lose?

Some people just shouldn’t have firearms. And 90 days for negligent homicide? Come on…..

The right: ACTIVIST JUDGES!!!! 😡

Also the right: It's ok when we do it!! :cheer:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom