This is why I am finding it hard to vote either party (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
    Conversations like this are happening a lot more often on social media and this is the mindset of the progressive left. I’m thinking I need to reevaluate my voting this election.

Two rando wack jobs going back and forth between themselves on twitter is totally the same as the President being pretty vocal about how chasing down Biden busses being "a good patriotic" thing and not counting legitimate votes because it might make them lose.

Both sides!!!

How is that the attitude of the progressive left? What prominent person is pushing that idea? Who here is pushing that idea?

I know a lot of people on the progressive left and not one of them is pushing those kinds of ideas. Finding someone on the extreme fringe left and basing your vote on them while a full majority of the right according to polling believes Democrats are running a satanic pedophile cult that eats babies to stay young is odd.

A majority isn't fringe. The posted screenshot above is.

Conversations like this are happening a lot more often on social media and this is the mindset of the progressive left. I’m thinking I need to reevaluate my voting this election.

Perhaps Matilda was illustrating the extremes needed to change anyone's mine. Were they actually for it? Would really like the rest of that conversation. My guess is many didn't agree with it.

Also, two people on social media is not reflective of anything or anyone really.

the real problem with social media is people forget their hair brain conversations stay out there for ever.

Would we be making threads about every random conversation we overhead at a bar or coffee shop (you know, if we could go to those things).

I can show you multiple forums where so called conservatives call for deaths of liberals daily. Practically any gun forum. The way to defeat the racists is to prosecute violent action and publicly call out inflammatory speech and action.

How is that the attitude of the progressive left? What prominent person is pushing that idea? Who here is pushing that idea?

I know a lot of people on the progressive left and not one of them is pushing those kinds of ideas. Finding someone on the extreme fringe left and basing your vote on them while a full majority of the right according to polling believes Democrats are running a satanic pedophile cult that eats babies to stay young is odd.

A majority isn't fringe. The posted screenshot above is.
    Robert Reich has called for a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to "name every official, politician, executive, and media mogul whose greed and cowardice enabled this catastrophe."

Things you should evaluate your voting on:
    • The candidates
    • Their policies (as described by them and assessed by objective third parties, not as 'described' by their opponents)
    • Their track record
    Things you absolutely definitely should not evaluate your voting on:
    • Extremist rants from unidentifiable twitter accounts

Robert Reich has called for a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to "name every official, politician, executive, and media mogul whose greed and cowardice enabled this catastrophe."

That's completely different that what is being proposed here. Rather than make a long post of my own I'll link to an article to save some typing.

The goal of a truth commission — in some forms also called a truth and reconciliation commission, as it is in Canada — is to hold public hearings to establish the scale and impact of a past injustice, typically involving wide-scale human rights abuses, and make it part of the permanent, unassailable public record. Truth commissions also officially recognize victims and perpetrators in an effort to move beyond the painful past.

We can debate whether this is actually a good idea, but let's not pretend it's about "eliminating Trumper's en masse". Debating the rhetoric instead of the reality isn't helpful.

Yeah im not listening to a German guy whose last name is Reich.

I mean cmon. lol. He needs to apply for a name change if he wants to be in politics.

You do realize that these same conversations were had for the last 100 years between nutjobs. the only difference?

There was no social media.

If you are going to "re-evaluate" your vote based off a post on Twitter, not sure what to tell you.

Robert Reich is a hyper-partisan who has pretty much lost any credibility, IMO.

This is exactly right. I haven’t paid any attention to him for a long, long, time.

Krod, you should be better than this. I have never seen a major political party in this country go to extremes like the Republican Party has in the last 15-20 years. It’s been a journey for them, and sadly the moderate wing of the R party has been purged already. There are no more moderate R’s left, as I see it, or more accurately the purge is in progress. The R party, if Trump wins, are going to go all in on QAnon and such.

Rs are spending a lot of money to try to prevent valid ballots from being counted. Just think about that. That is wholesale disenfranchisement of US citizens. Because they think they will lose without taking away a lot of people’s rights. That should give you pause.

But, yeah, you go ahead and worry about someone anonymous on Twitter, who may even be just one nutjob having a conversation with themselves. Who could even possibly be a right wing nutjob hoping to get that reaction out of you and many others. JFC, sometimes I think we are doomed.

Robert Reich is a hyper-partisan who has pretty much lost any credibility, IMO.

True, but JimE was responding to my statement and in that context, RR is definitely valid. He has enough of a following.

The issue is there's nothing actually nefarious about what he's proposing.

You are "obviously" a closet Trump supporter... LOL (Edit: Damn - SystemShock beat me to it)

And yeah, there are complete wack-jobs on both sides... and Social Media has given them a voice/platform...

I avoid Social Media completely... I consider it the bane of our society. I suggest the same if you want to keep your sanity / faith in humanity.

*in case you don't know - you are either parroting the company line here, or you're a Trump mole - It's pretty much why there is no real discussion here, and I only drop in once a week or so*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom