The Voting Thread (Procedures, Turnout, Legal Challenges)(Update: Trump to file suit in PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, GA) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    There is a lot of push-back from Trump on voting by mail, but most states allow it, and 1/3 allow it without any excuse. His rationale is that it will lead to vast fraud, but of course that isn't his real reason. His real reason is that he thinks it will be worse for conservatives, but studies have shown that states that have instituted much broader voting by mail haven't had any statistical changes in party voting.

Although, normally voting by mail doesn't affect party votes, I bet it might this year if we have another resurgence of Covid, because I think the right is much more apt to discount the virus than the left. I know that is why Trump is against it.

Whether you're left or right wing, expanding mail in votes is the right thing to do to reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus, to expand voter participation, and to make it easier for those that do show up to stay distant. It will also allow any people with susceptibilities to remain safer. I think voting by mail could be made extremely secure by having people vote using traditional postal mail, coupled with requiring a confirmation either by phone, email or text. If done by phone, then voters can provide confirmation that can include confirming their form number. If done by email or text, it can include a picture of their form, and then confirmation that that was their form. Rather than staffers individually calling people, this can be automated by having voters call the number, text the number, or email the address provided to them on their form. A website can even be created with a database of those that have voted, and perhaps a link to allow people to confirm their vote was correctly registered. For people without computers, a site can include a means to access the database over the phone with some confirmation information. These types of systems are used extensively by banks and other sites that need security, so I think they are mature enough to use. We could even use such a site for people to confirm their vote on the day of the election.

cult of personality

yes, exactly. Which makes it doubly stupid for Cruz or Hawley to think they will somehow “inherit” Trump’s base. They will only respond to Trump in this way. At least I hope so. 🤞🏻

yes, exactly. Which makes it doubly stupid for Cruz or Hawley to think they will somehow “inherit” Trump’s base. They will only respond to Trump in this way. At least I hope so. 🤞🏻

And, hopefully it's only Don Sr. Lord help us if any ole generic Trump meets the crazy criteria and Ivanka or Don Jr. can tap into this vein of insanity down the road.

Talking heads on the right (like in the thread below) are now openly embracing fascicm (even accepting the term!) because it is the only thing that will save us all from communism. Apparently conservatism can't win at the polls so fascism is the last hope for the true American Patriots who love, uh, "freedom."

Ha! just posited that on the Jan 6th thread.

Thats EXACTLY right. Trumps base looks up to Trump and Trump alone.

None of these guys, no matter what they do, can "inherit" that base. They dont speak like him or have the manners ( well lack thereof) of Trump or the morality ( again lack of ). They will ALWAYS be viewed as "wannabes" and never the OG. And when they TRY, they will fail miserably. Because its not their character. You cannot "manufacture" Trump-like qualities ( i use that term looooooosely ) You either have them or you dont. Very few have them.

This is all going to stain them for the rest of their careers.

Talking heads on the right (like in the thread below) are now openly embracing fascicm (even accepting the term!) because it is the only thing that will save us all from communism. Apparently conservatism can't win at the polls so fascism is the last hope for the true American Patriots who love, uh, "freedom."

I have no idea who he is, and both tweets are devoid of substance.

Ha! just posited that on the Jan 6th thread.

Thats EXACTLY right. Trumps base looks up to Trump and Trump alone.

None of these guys, no matter what they do, can "inherit" that base. They dont speak like him or have the manners ( well lack thereof) of Trump or the morality ( again lack of ). They will ALWAYS be viewed as "wannabes" and never the OG. And when they TRY, they will fail miserably. Because its not their character. You cannot "manufacture" Trump-like qualities ( i use that term looooooosely ) You either have them or you dont. Very few have them.

This is all going to stain them for the rest of their careers.
    They're just tapping into "lefist" hate.

1609784027836.png

We'll see the real numbers tonight, and ESPECIALLY on Jan 6th..

Well, why not in the 60+ court cases?

You can't present a cogent argument about politics in America if you don't actually know what communism is. It's one of the most annoying facets of all of American politics, IMO. That word gets thrown around so much, and I'd say 99.9% of the time, it is misused.

You can't present a cogent argument about politics in America if you don't actually know what communism is. It's one of the most annoying facets of all of American politics, IMO. That word gets thrown around so much, and I'd say 99.9% of the time, it is misused.
    Also, is it really that any side wants to "defeat" the other? I mean.. wow.

Finally, a federal district judge plans to issue a rule to show cause on why plaintiffs' counsel shouldn't be sanctioned.

So, they're considering issuing an order that would require the quack lawyers to explain why they shouldn't then be referred to a committee that would then determine whether their behavior might finally have consequences?
    Can't we just start tarring and feathering them on the spot?

The idiots were openly discussing the election "being stolen from Trump" in the locker room tonight at work. They kept trying to get me to agree that the GOP is just doing its due diligence and that any other party/candidate would do the same. After the pestering I angrily suggested that they all need participation trophies. They voted, their guy lost. Give them trophies to show what good citizens they are.

Later, I started thinking that, maybe, this is how to get Trump to shut up. Get him a mockup military uniform. Make it ridiculous. Slap a bunch of fake medals on it and have a ceremony declaring what a good boy he is. He's definitely going to need a hat. Maybe several. A ceremonial hat, a dress hat, a casual hat, and a baseball style hat. Maybe even trick him into wearing his good boy suit by telling him that it's required attire by for Presidents who have received such honors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom