The Voting Thread (Procedures, Turnout, Legal Challenges)(Update: Trump to file suit in PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, GA) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    There is a lot of push-back from Trump on voting by mail, but most states allow it, and 1/3 allow it without any excuse. His rationale is that it will lead to vast fraud, but of course that isn't his real reason. His real reason is that he thinks it will be worse for conservatives, but studies have shown that states that have instituted much broader voting by mail haven't had any statistical changes in party voting.

Although, normally voting by mail doesn't affect party votes, I bet it might this year if we have another resurgence of Covid, because I think the right is much more apt to discount the virus than the left. I know that is why Trump is against it.

Whether you're left or right wing, expanding mail in votes is the right thing to do to reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus, to expand voter participation, and to make it easier for those that do show up to stay distant. It will also allow any people with susceptibilities to remain safer. I think voting by mail could be made extremely secure by having people vote using traditional postal mail, coupled with requiring a confirmation either by phone, email or text. If done by phone, then voters can provide confirmation that can include confirming their form number. If done by email or text, it can include a picture of their form, and then confirmation that that was their form. Rather than staffers individually calling people, this can be automated by having voters call the number, text the number, or email the address provided to them on their form. A website can even be created with a database of those that have voted, and perhaps a link to allow people to confirm their vote was correctly registered. For people without computers, a site can include a means to access the database over the phone with some confirmation information. These types of systems are used extensively by banks and other sites that need security, so I think they are mature enough to use. We could even use such a site for people to confirm their vote on the day of the election.

I hope she tries to represent herself. And that‘s the worst thing, lol

I hope she tries to represent herself. And that‘s the worst thing, lol

I would say she's smarter than that, but I don't know anymore. Her descent has been remarkable. The problem for competent counsel is that she would try to run the defense. She has friends from her credible years that I'm sure will represent her - but with some very clear ground rules. If she's smart, she'll listen.

Guess I’ll put this here
    =================
    If you were holding out hope that Trumpism might end with Trump (oh, my sweet summer child), please allow me to present Exhibit A: the Republican Party of Arizona.

You might think the state party would be chastened. Republicans in the state just lost a second Senate seat, leaving them without a Republican senator for the first time since 1952.

(In a dubious first, the party’s nominee, Trump-tongued Martha McSally, managed to lose both seats in back-to-back elections.) The state also went for Joe Biden, backing a Democrat for only the second time in 72 years.

Next, two prominent officials in the Arizona GOP, Reps. Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar, became ringleaders of a plot to overturn the election results. They have been identified as architects of last week’s protest that turned into a deadly invasion of the U.S. Capitol.

So what is the Arizona Republican Party doing to recover? Why, it’s attacking John McCain’s widow.

The party just rolled out a “censure resolution” against Cindy McCain. Childish and bizarre, it attacks the wife of Arizona’s beloved late (Republican) senator for having “a past riddled with drug abuse.” (She admitted three decades ago to a previous pain-medication addiction.)

It admonishes her for supporting “leftist causes such as gay marriage.” It scolds her for endorsing Biden, “in direct opposition to … the Constitution.”

It upbraids her for objecting to Trump’s “criticism of her husband” — and then it repeats such slander, saying the late senator, a war hero and POW, committed “serious wrongdoing during his military service.”..........

Guess I’ll put this here
    =================
    If you were holding out hope that Trumpism might end with Trump (oh, my sweet summer child), please allow me to present Exhibit A: the Republican Party of Arizona.

You might think the state party would be chastened. Republicans in the state just lost a second Senate seat, leaving them without a Republican senator for the first time since 1952.

(In a dubious first, the party’s nominee, Trump-tongued Martha McSally, managed to lose both seats in back-to-back elections.) The state also went for Joe Biden, backing a Democrat for only the second time in 72 years.

Next, two prominent officials in the Arizona GOP, Reps. Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar, became ringleaders of a plot to overturn the election results. They have been identified as architects of last week’s protest that turned into a deadly invasion of the U.S. Capitol.

So what is the Arizona Republican Party doing to recover? Why, it’s attacking John McCain’s widow.

The party just rolled out a “censure resolution” against Cindy McCain. Childish and bizarre, it attacks the wife of Arizona’s beloved late (Republican) senator for having “a past riddled with drug abuse.” (She admitted three decades ago to a previous pain-medication addiction.)

It admonishes her for supporting “leftist causes such as gay marriage.” It scolds her for endorsing Biden, “in direct opposition to … the Constitution.”

It upbraids her for objecting to Trump’s “criticism of her husband” — and then it repeats such slander, saying the late senator, a war hero and POW, committed “serious wrongdoing during his military service.”..........

Wow. Bunch of idiots.

Apparently “The Kraken” was all just political hyperbole that no reasonable person could believe was true.

mal-speechless.gif

Apparently “The Kraken” was all just political hyperbole that no reasonable person could believe was true.

I hope it is not dismissed. I want Powell deposed.

Dominion: Ms. Powell, do you want the court to believe that you were intentionally lying, misleading the public and knowingly filing lawsuits without any hope of success or that you cavalierly used Dominion to further your goals while fully understanding your deception was baseless?

Powell: Uh, could you repeat the question?

Dominion: Simply put, Ms. Powell, did you maliciously perpetrate a fraud against the American public and the judicial system or was hurting Dominion your goal in order to gain favor with then-President Trump and to boost your own notoriety?

Powell: Well... I.... uh.... is it too late to plead the fifth?

Dominion: Ms. Powell, this is a civil proceeding. Where did you go to law school? Finally Ms. Powell, you have denied knowledge of QAnon and the group's conspiracy theories, yet you have retweeted QAnon accounts and have appeared as a guest on QAnon YouTube videos. Would you say that you have lost all credibility?

Guess I’ll put this here
    =================

Are you SURE Optimus ? I mean, if so, then it is reprehensible. However, I tried to find the text of the censure online, and got this..

It doesn't seem to mention drug abuse, or comments about McCain ? Is there another version somewhere ? (I couldn't access the WaPo link because it is behind a paywall)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom