The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I was extremely excited about the idea of a Biden presidency... in 2016.

RIght now, I'm excited. That excitement, however, could've been applied to any other candidate during the primary.

I'll never understand why Biden didn't run in 2016. I mean I do, but I don't. I get that he lost his son, but he could have beaten Hillary in the primaries and I think he easily wins the election. And the history books would have been written differently, especially the SC. Can you imagine what would have happened were he picking up his 3 rd justice? Crazy.

I'll never understand why Biden didn't run in 2016. I mean I do, but I don't. I get that he lost his son, but he could have beaten Hillary in the primaries and I think he easily wins the election. And the history books would have been written differently, especially the SC. Can you imagine what would have happened were he picking up his 3 rd justice? Crazy.

I don't think he would have beat Hillary and it's possible the two of them would have split the Corporate Democrat vote and cleared a path for Bernie.

I believe him that the death of Beau was the big driver though. He died in June of 2015 and the primaries started in Feb of 2016. I don't think getting ready for a Presidential run was front and center for him.

I don't think he would have beat Hillary and it's possible the two of them would have split the Corporate Democrat vote and cleared a path for Bernie.

I believe him that the death of Beau was the big driver though. He died in June of 2015 and the primaries started in Feb of 2016. I don't think getting ready for a Presidential run was front and center for him.

Yeah, but most people return to work shortly after a death in the family. I know everyone processes it differently. Maybe he splits the vote, maybe not, but I always felt like it was a missed opportunity. Between him, Hillary and Bernie, Biden was my first choice. You my be right though.

I think Beau’s death was a factor, but more important I don’t think there was a big push behind him at the time. I think there was probably even not just a reluctance but even a resistance to following the first minority president with an old white guy. Even this past primary he was attacked as old and out of touch.

I've always been fine with the prospect of a Biden candidacy and presidency, and would have definitely supported him in 2016 over Hillary. Four years later I do have concerns about his age, not because he has dementia (I think he's pretty much put that to rest), but just because the demands of the office are generally so taxing.

But after the last four years, more and more I believe this is exactly the kind of person this country needs in the White House...

Skimmed a piece that maintains Biden is showing signs of actually growing into a statesmanlike role. I think it was from The Atlantic.

ETA, it was: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/biden-wants-transform-america-really/616748/

“If joe biden prevails, his basement will rest alongside William McKinley’s front porch in the annals. In his subterranean retreat, Biden not only sat still while his opponent spectacularly self-destructed, but also underwent a metamorphosis. He entered it a cautious pragmatist, yearning for a reversion to the time before Donald Trump; he left convinced of his chance to become a latter-day Franklin D. Roosevelt.”

good opinion piece on Biden
    =========================

This election, for me, is an easy choice. I would vote for Donald Duck over Donald Trump. Or, more to the point, I would vote for Bernie Sanders, if necessary, to remove a president who threatens our democracy. But, mercifully, Sanders isn’t on the ballot — much as Trump tries to pretend otherwise. Joe Biden is. And because of that I’m not just voting against Trump, I’m voting for his opponent.

My enthusiasm for Biden surprises even me, because, like a lot of political observers, I have long been skeptical of “Uncle Joe.” He always seemed a little too garrulous, too insecure, too unanalytical, too undisciplined. And when he began his latest presidential campaign — his third — I feared he was also a little too old.

But I have been greatly impressed by how Biden has handled himself. Trump’s chaotic 2016 campaign presaged a chaotic presidency. Biden’s effective and disciplined campaign might portend an effective and disciplined presidency. I now believe he is the right man to lead the United States at one of the most perilous moments in our history.

Reading “Joe Biden: The Life, the Run, and What Matters Now,” a slim but comprehensive and compelling book by the New Yorker writer Evan Osnos, has only strengthened my positive impression of the Democratic nominee. Here are eight reasons I’m backing Biden..................

I didn’t realize Trump world is claiming that the market downturn is due to a presumed Biden win rather than Trump’s complete failure to control the virus and a lack of a stimulus package.

Lol when it's good, it's all him

When its bad, it's everyone but him.

Actually the joke is the candidates. But lets be honest if Trump did that it would be at least 8 pages about it.
    Actually, what I said stands and your comment is out of "and now for something completely different" field and is exaggerated as well. Trump misspeaks like that a lot and it rarely gets 8 posts let alone 8 pages of posts.

I'll be glad when Trump is no longer president. so we won't get anymore of these type of responses.

Last edited:
    So it's all just a joke to you. Duly noted.

Yes, I have made it very clear that I think the current 2 party system and the "choices" it produces... Is a joke.

If you hate Trump and would vote for a pile of rocks to keep him out of the WH again... Fine.

If you are not "losing your mind pissed" that the only "option" you have for doing that is Joe Biden (or Hillary).... You missed the sick joke.

Last edited:
    Yes, I have made it very clear that I think the current 2 party system and the "choices" it produces... Is a joke.

If you hate Trump and would vote for a pile of rocks to keep him out of the WH again... Fine.

If you are not "losing your mind pissed" that the only "option" you have for doing that is Joe Biden (or Hillary).... You missed the sick joke.

I doubt few here disagree with you that we should have a better political system with more parties/voices. You only get that through one of three ways. Either by working incrementally through the system we have to change it, having a revolution to change it or waiting until it all collapse and pick up the pieces. The problem with waiting for the last one to happen is that we're more likely to end up in an autocracy.

So while everything may be a joke, people are still being elected to run the country and we are all being affected by those decisions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom