The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Was going to say
    Yang’s ideas at least merit a full throated discussion

we are going to need more, bigger, better ideas. I mentioned A Waking Life above, and there's a part in that movie where they talk about the telescoping of time. As time moves forward, the space between major innovations - but I'd also argue crises and dilemmas - gets shorter. It's not just biological, as he points out. He adds the anthropological and the cultural.

And we're going to need to address them.

And the suited, zombie horde of warmed over Ivy League lawyer has beens isn't going to get it done.

I didn't like Yang as a candidate but I definitely agree that we're gonna need more folks like him.

we are going to need more, bigger, better ideas. I mentioned A Waking Life above, and there's a part in that movie where they talk about the telescoping of time. As time moves forward, the space between major innovations - but I'd also argue crises and dilemmas - gets shorter. It's not just biological, as he points out. He adds the anthropological and the cultural.

And we're going to need to address them.

And the suited, zombie horde of warmed over Ivy League lawyer has beens isn't going to get it done.

I didn't like Yang as a candidate but I definitely agree that we're gonna need more folks like him.

Loved that movie but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it
    Maybe time for a rewatch

giphy.gif

That wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.. I've read he was speaking to 'George' Lopez at that time on Zoom and Biden actually caught and corrected himself when he realized he had said 'George.'

Is The Sun a Murdoch thing too?

Yeah this tweet contains the video from Zoom where it's George Lopez asking him:

And The Sun is a Murdoch owned entity! Lol. It made sense.

Yeah this tweet contains the video from Zoom where it's George Lopez asking him:

Yeah, watching the full clip it was clear he was saying George Lopez and he immediately said 4 more years Trump.

That's not to say Biden doesn't get a little confused from time to time. He has for a while now. This isn't a case of that though.

Are you implying something about Biden? It's hard to tell because you are just posting links without your own thoughts.

Yeah, rationalize all you want... the guy is an empty suit and has been for a while now. That's all I got really. I just thought it was funny more than anything. A friend of mine sent me the link, and though it belonged here.

No point or thoughts really. I already voted for Kayne. LOL

Yeah, watching the full clip it was clear he was saying George Lopez and he immediately said 4 more years Trump.

That's not to say Biden doesn't get a little confused from time to time. He has for a while now. This isn't a case of that though.
    Yeah Biden's clearly diminished to some degree from his heyday.. hell I've questioned his mental capacity on here before but from what we seen of him I think I was probably being too critical and not giving enough credit to how much his stutter trips him up.

(Hell even if I thought Biden had dementia I'd still vote for him and then immediately advocate for his removal from office LOL)

Yeah Biden's clearly diminished to some degree from his heyday.. hell I've questioned his mental capacity on here before but from what we seen of him I think I was probably being too critical and not giving enough credit to how much his stutter trips him up.

(Hell even if I thought Biden had dementia I'd still vote for him and then immediately advocate for his removal from office LOL)

I honestly haven't met one person really excited about Biden. People want to bring some dignity back to the office and most non-Republicans, and even a lot of Republicans, agree he's a nice guy. I think a lot of us are just excited about the possibility of having someone with empathy and compassion back in the White House.

Nobody is thinking we are getting a lightning sharp statesman that is going to make revolutionary change. He's no JFK or Obama, but right now, boring and decent is good.

I get peoples named confused at least 3 times a day, but I probably am mentally diminished, lol.

I don't know what I'm supposed to gleam from those videos other than he's over 70. Which I already knew.

I honestly haven't met one person really excited about Biden. People want to bring some dignity back to the office and most non-Republicans, and even a lot of Republicans, agree he's a nice guy. I think a lot of us are just excited about the possibility of having someone with empathy and compassion back in the White House.

Nobody is thinking we are getting a lightning sharp statesman that is going to make revolutionary change. He's no JFK or Obama, but right now, boring and decent is good.

I was extremely excited about the idea of a Biden presidency... in 2016.

RIght now, I'm excited. That excitement, however, could've been applied to any other candidate during the primary.

Yeah I definitely do not love Joe Biden.. I honestly don't know if I even really like Joe Biden.. I mean, he's alright I guess for a career politician. But when it became clear that he was the best shot at defeating Trump I went all in with him (as I would have done with just about any candidate who had a legit opportunity to defeat Trump).

Above all, I think Biden is our compromise candidate that moderate Democrats, liberals, independents, and any conservative Never Trumpers can all stomach.

I get peoples named confused at least 3 times a day, but I probably am mentally diminished, lol.

I don't know what I'm supposed to gleam from those videos other than he's over 70. Which I already knew.
    I don't think Biden's supporters should pretend that this wasn't a gaffe. I think you lose credibility. He definitely momentarily referred to his opponent as George, but since George Lopez was interviewing him, it's easy to understand how it happened. This is how I captured what he said: " 4 more years of George uh, George uh, he uh,", and then he caught himself, and transitions to "we're going to find ourselves in a position, where if Trump gets elected...". It's easy for anyone to do that. Biden has always made gaffes, even when he was a young man, so I don't think that is a sign of incapacity, and Biden has proven during debates to be plenty sharp. Also, he's running against Trump, who has made many more gaffes during his time in office. The right wing media will milk this, but this is the Joe Biden that I believe most people believe they were voting for, which is to say a decent man that will listen to advisors, but will slip-up periodically. As long as those slips are infrequent, and it doesn't affect his ability to govern, it doesn't matter. In my opinion, Joe is plenty sharp, and certainly more capable than Trump by a long way. Joe would have to decline far more before he would be as incapable as Trump.

He momentarily referred to his opponent as George, but since George Lopez was interviewing him, it's easy to understand how it happened. This is how I captured what he said: " 4 more years of George uh, George uh, he uh,", and then he caught himself, and transitions to "we're going to find ourselves in a position, where if Trump gets elected...". It's easy for anyone to do that. Biden has always made gaffes, even when he was a young man, so I don't think that is a sign of incapacity, and Biden has proven during debates to be plenty sharp. Also, he's running against Trump, who has made many more gaffes during his time in office. The right wing media will milk this, but this is the Joe Biden that I believe most people believe they were voting for, which is to say a decent man that will listen to advisors, but will slip-up periodically. As long as those slips are infrequent, and it doesn't affect his ability to govern, it doesn't matter. In my opinion, Joe is plenty sharp, and certainly more capable than Trump by a long way. Joe would have to decline far more before he would be as incapable as Trump.

I would add that POTUS is as good as the people he surrounds himself with.

Trump never once adopted that and as a result, here we are.

Biden will have an administration that will be beneficial to ideas and he will take all the information and decide.

W forgot what state he was from and couldn’t remember a simple phrase - “fool me once....

Obama said there were 57 states.

Trump said.... a lot of crazy shirt. But my favorite is when he asked where Rudy was and he was sitting directly across the table from him.

This is nothing. Who cares if he tripped over his words or said the wrong name?

W forgot what state he was from and couldn’t remember a simple phrase - “fool me once....

Obama said there were 57 states.

Trump said.... a lot of crazy shirt. But my favorite is when he asked where Rudy was and he was sitting directly across the table from him.

This is nothing. Who cares if he tripped over his words or said the wrong name?

You with your rational reasoning...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom