The Election Unrest Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    This probably needs its own thread, otherwise it will be subsumed into the Voting Thread - which should remain focused on what will likely be a very busy coming days on voting issues and legal challenges.

People are shooting each other over campaign yard signs:

And in DC, downtown building owners are boarding up in anticipation of unrest:

I'm not here to convince you guys of anything... I know I won't. I really like some of the info provided here, and many posters' takes...

I realize that at this point there are a lot of people here that's think their side can do no wrong, and that even if they do... it's nothing compared to the other side.

My opinion is... that's Horse Shirt... I'm not here to change your mind....

That's my take - Do with it as you will.

Which, here, always seems to be - Discredit, Call Bias, Whatabout, and generally ignore anything that doesn't fit nicely into your preconceived "box of how I believe".

If you guys want to have any real discussions here... you are going about it wrong.

Since you're bringing up 'how' people post, let's talk about this a short while.

That first bolded sentence is spot on, and describes a lot of folks on the Right as well as a few on the left. In some cases, bias is important to talk about. But, when people try to state that NBC news is as biased as Drudge Report... they lose me.

The last line, many people want real discussions. And let me be very clear on my opinion here, if you care. When you come in here and post this...

This is what happens when both sides are constantly telling/preaching/crying to there far-side extremist base of voters....

That.... "If we lose this election, life as you know it is over"!!!!!

Americans will always fight for their way of life, and for the long term safety of their families.... And the political idiots have successfully pitted each extreme side against one another - and have essentially told them - "this election is the fight for your way of life, your family's future, and the soul of this country".

What'd ya'll think was going to happen when that's the message?

Which is a fair enough comment, however. We have to take your opinion as Gospel. If I asked, what brought you to that conclusion? Or, give examples of "both sides" preaching/crying to their far side elements. Not random people, but actual politicians stoking the flames in ways unacceptable. Then we can actually have a discussion on the merits of the argument.

When we talk in platitudes and generalities, it really doesn't do anything to further dialogue either.

You don't really want examples...

What good are specific examples if we can't acknowledge the high level core of the issue(s)? Both sides have been on a non-stop divide and conquer campaign filled with lies, labeling, fear and divisionary tactics in order to farm our votes...

If we can't at least acknowledge that.... then nothing I post will lead to any meaningful discussion... Just the same tired arguing.
    Because you're 'high level issue' is a value judgement based on your experience and what you've seen. Perhaps it a fully broad, or maybe you're somewhat narrowminded on the subject.

But, as I just said, how else can we have a conversation beyond "this is just my opinion?"

What good are specific examples if we can't acknowledge the high level core of the issue(s)? Both sides have been on a non-stop divide and conquer campaign filled with lies, labeling, fear and divisionary tactics in order to farm our votes...

If we can't at least acknowledge that.... then nothing I post will lead to any meaningful discussion... Just the same tired arguing.

In other words, you don't have any.

I mean, that's really it bud. You do a lot of deflecting about it but you never put a single chip on the table. It's just a lot of high-minded denigrating of everyone else's refusal to blindly accept a position you can't support with actual facts or examples.

I mean, you're literally saying "If you can't first accept my position, then I won't provide anything that supports my position, because you don't accept my position."

It's like the old "you can't get the job unless you have experience and you can't get experience unless you have the job" paradox.

@Infoman,

Why is that only one side says "both sides!"?

The left is over here adamantly saying "It's definitely the right's fault!"

The extreme right are saying "It's definitely the left's fault!"

But only group is saying "Both sides!" And it's coming from the right.

Why do you think that is?

Last edited:
    Trump has successfully framed "rioters and looters" as Biden supporters. This is how the right justifies both sides commit violence arguments. Nevermind you don't see any campaign swag at those events.

There is no point discussing specifics, when we can't even acknowledge the obvious high level problems that exist on both sides....

It will not lead to any intelligent discussion... just the same ridiculous talking points, and arguments. I get enough of that from friends and family.

I like some of the takes here, and I do learn from them. I rarely post because it always leads here... "Prove it so I can disagree and discredit and claim bias"

I can easily post hundreds of youtube videos of both Trump and Biden saying insanely divisive things to their base in order to divide and conquer and to farm votes...

It's not hard to find... It's not some secret... If you are going to ignore it... what's the point?

I like some of the takes here, and I do learn from them. I rarely post because it always leads here... "Prove it so I can disagree and discredit and call foul"
    If your argument is sound, people can't discredit it. If people provide solid counter-arguments that do discredit your argument, you should reconsider your position.
    It's not hard to find... It's not some secret...
    THEN. POST. IT.

There is no point discussing specifics, when we can't even acknowledge the obvious high level problems that exist on both sides....

It will not lead to any intelligent discussion... just the same ridiculous talking points, and arguments. I get enough of that from friends and family.

I like some of the takes here, and I do learn from them. I rarely post because it always leads here... "Prove it so I can disagree and discredit and claim bias"

I can easily post hundreds of youtube videos of both Trump and Biden saying insanely divisive things to their base in order to divide and conquer and to farm votes...

It's not hard to find... It's not some secret... If you are going to ignore it... what's the point?
    Why do you assume anyone will ignore it?

Prior History - Current comments - Utter denial - General Team / Tribe mentality here
    Ok, I'm no longer going to bother replying to you. I'm trying to have a conversation with you, and you just want to call everyone here names (labeling). Bye.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Can you name a specific example where democrats have gone to court to try and get 120,000 valid votes invalidated because they come from a majority democratic county, like Republicans have in Harris county, Texas? Can you name anything that's equivalent in your eyes that democrats have done? Everywhere you look, Republicans aren't just trying to divide people through lies, labeling, fear and diversionary tactics (as you claim Dems are also doing), they're actively trying to fix the election by controlling who's votes counts through whatever combination of state legislatures, courts, disenfranchisement and intimidation that they can. Do you ever ask yourself why they're so hostile to every vote counting?

While I am concerned about the fringes on each side, it's very clear to me that the much more pressing danger to our democratic republic is what mainstream Republicans are willing to do in order to subvert the voice and vote of the people of this country because it may not agree with them.

Until you're willing to acknowledge that much, I don't see what the point is of continuing to discuss this.

Last edited:
    Or that we haven't looked, extensively, and couldn't find anything to validate this.

If you haven't noticed or looked for the Super Obvious all out divisiveness (that isn't even being hidden anymore) from both sides in order top farm your vote... Then maybe you should stand down.... or maybe you ain't black... who knows.... no point in discussing specifics if we are just going to ignore the obvious - I know that much.

Have you listened to Joe Biden speak? Compare that to Trump for divisiveness.

If you can't see the stark, clear differences, I can't help you. English just doesn't have a way to convey it any clearer.

lol this is right out of a certain playbook. None of you will get a straight answer because it is based on a belief. Like how I know some people still believe the only ones on welfare are black people that don't work and have 6+ children. As soon as a thought become a belief, there is no reasoning and even when facts are presented, they just dig their heels in even more. So most of you are wasting your time trying to get any kind of factual information about "both sides do xyz in equal measure" nonsense

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread instead of spitting in the wind.

Regarding the whole Biden Bus thing in Texas there was an aspect of it that wasn't covered. At a campaign event at Hightower High School in a predominately black neighborhood, they showed up harassing people because they were following the bus everywhere it went. The thing is, they were armed. This wasn't a riot or protecting property, this was a peaceful campaign rally for black folks and armed white Red Hats showed up antagonizing them. Of course, we know what the result would have been if one of them "felt threatened". Instant celebrity status. They may even be able to auction the gun off.

123197141_10158506814566211_2970503337428375455_n.jpg

123322794_10158608740533445_7700288572232502826_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom