The Biden Cabinet and Transition Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Ok the rules:
    • Your post can only contain one department and guess.
    • You may post more than once for different departments.
    • Post can contain comments about previous guesses.
    • Guesses for one department can be used for other departments.
    • Minds can, of course, be changed.
    I will kick things off first...

Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Susan_Rice_official_photo.jpg

This is as clear a choice as there can be. She has all of the credentials and rep to begin healing as relationships with our allies.

if losing Bernie tilts the Senate into R hands, they would be fools to put Bernie in the cabinet. The governor of Vermont would appoint Bernie’s replacement, he’s a Republican. There would be a special election within six months, but IMO you just don’t take that chance that the interim R Senator wouldnt win re-election. I see the D senate seat as more important right now than putting Bernie into the Cabinet.

if losing Bernie tilts the Senate into R hands, they would be fools to put Bernie in the cabinet. The governor of Vermont would appoint Bernie’s replacement, he’s a Republican. There would be a special election within six months, but IMO you just don’t take that chance that the interim R Senator wouldnt win re-election. I see the D senate seat as more important right now than putting Bernie into the Cabinet.

Bernie said the governor has already agreed to appoint a Democrat if Bernie goes to the cabinet. Of course we know what the Republicans said about if a SCOTUS seat came open in an election year, so...

According to Symone Sanders when interviewed on Face the Nation this morning, Biden will be announcing several Cabinet picks on Tuesday, so we'll be getting more than Treasury this week, as rumored.

How popular is Pete in Indiana? Could he plan on taking on Todd Young for Senator in 2022 and needs to hang back to focus on that?
    Not sure.

As of October of this year, he wasn't really into the idea.

MR. BUTTIGIEG: Well, the good news is there's no difference between private conversations and what he said in public because he's been very gracious about my campaign, about the idea of me having something to offer. But, no, there hasn't been any kind of chess game or horse trading or anything like that.
    MR. COSTA: Or an offer?
    MR. BUTTIGIEG: No.
    MR. COSTA: One other thing, Mayor Buttigieg, in Indiana, there's a Senate race in 2022, Senator Todd Young up for re-election. Are you considering that at all?
    MR. BUTTIGIEG: I don't know. When you come off something like a presidential campaign, you're kind of ready to lay campaigning aside for a while. I never want to say never, but it's really not something I'm planning for right now.

Not sure.

As of October of this year, he wasn't really into the idea.

Too bad. I'd like to see Pete get some seasoning over the next 4-8 years and be ready to take the lead of the Democratic Party. He's the most dynamic personality they have, just still a little wet behind the ears.

Too bad. I'd like to see Pete get some seasoning over the next 4-8 years and be ready to take the lead of the Democratic Party. He's the most dynamic personality they have, just still a little wet behind the ears.

Pete would be my second pick to head the DNC if it isn't given to Stacey Abrams, which it should.

How popular is Pete in Indiana? Could he plan on taking on Todd Young for Senator in 2022 and needs to hang back to focus on that?

Man that is as red of a state possible. Just look at the election data. The only places even remotely blue were where he is mayor and Indy and they are just barely blue.

I feel a openly gay man running for something that needs votes outside of those two towns is in a hopeless fight.

For god sakes they voted for pray the gay away pence for gov. That should tell you all you need to know.

For Pete to make a name for himself he has to get to washington without rural indiana vote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom