Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brennan77

Reaction score
Nobody says they have to put the correct info on the form. If it were me, I’d put in nonsense dates. None of that is the school’s business nor the third party company they have contracted with to hold the data.
I don't know why they need this information because those R's truly believe that a woman can control their cycles. Just "make" them have them all on the same days make them all hav it on the weekend...smh..

Nobody says they have to put the correct info on the form. If it were me, I’d put in nonsense dates. None of that is the school’s business nor the third party company they have contracted with to hold the data.

I wouldn’t count on that - most government forms have fine print that submitting false information is subject to criminal penalty.

I wouldn’t count on that - most government forms have fine print that submitting false information is subject to criminal penalty.
How is de santis going to verify it? A virgin test? Wait for a month to check if the young girl bled? Invasively check her hormone levels? This is all just like that voter fraud stunt. Its for intimidation. It worked with lower turnout. Up to a point sane people has to stand up to this stupidity. And I'll say by filling out that info is just submitting to this intrusive over reach by the government. Im sure these libertarians will stand up for that....obviously not...hypocrites.

This isn’t just Florida, either. And it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better if people don’t stop electing Rs who want to control everything about our lives.

Yup, this is a pretty clear message to sane folks that DeSantis is probably more dangerous than Trump is.....the guy is a monster, wants to go back to the Dark Ages....

What a strange request. Does anyone have any ideas on why they would be wanting this information?

What a strange request. Does anyone have any ideas on why they would be wanting this information?

It remains unclear to me. And what happened this week was simply that the FL recommendation (by the athletics association to the board for adoption) was reiterated - the board hasn’t yet adopted it.

But why this information is even in bounds isn’t clear. Apparently many state athletic associations ask for it, though it is usually voluntary reporting.

It remains unclear to me. And what happened this week was simply that the FL recommendation (by the athletics association to the board for adoption) was reiterated - the board hasn’t yet adopted it.

But why this information is even in bounds isn’t clear. Apparently many state athletic associations ask for it, though it is usually voluntary reporting.
From what I read they’ve been asking for this data for years, but it was only on paper at the local school and nobody really did anything with it. Now they want to have it recorded online and by a third party firm they have hired to manage the database.

That’s just a bit too much. Too easy to have this information get loose in the wild. It’s nobody’s business anyway.

From what I read they’ve been asking for this data for years, but it was only on paper at the local school and nobody really did anything with it. Now they want to have it recorded online and by a third party firm they have hired to manage the database.

That’s just a bit too much. Too easy to have this information get loose in the wild. It’s nobody’s business anyway.

Indeed - but it still doesn't explain why.

I saw that the FL association tried to argue that there's low risk that it could be used in a criminal abortion investigation because law enforcement could only get the info with a subpoena. That's hardly comforting - all it takes is one Karen or self-appointed abortion prosecutor to see questionable data from a girl and report it to law enforcement . . . and there's your probable cause for a subpoena.

I saw that the FL association tried to argue that there's low risk that it could be used in a criminal abortion investigation because law enforcement could only get the info with a subpoena. That's hardly comforting - all it takes is one Karen or self-appointed abortion prosecutor to see questionable data from a girl and report it to law enforcement . . . and there's your probable cause for a subpoena.
My assumption was that they want the information to weed out transgender kids from female athletics.

My assumption was that they want the information to weed out transgender kids from female athletics.

Feels like both to me.

So this is just another example of men not knowing a damn thing about the female body. It’s not uncommon for female athletes in strenuous sports to cease menstruation. It happens all the time. I know first hand. Just because someone menstruates or doesn’t has nothing to do with being trans or not.

I think maybe it has to do with 'trans athletes' competing in women's sports (just a guess at this point) but not real sure why menstrual information would help alleviate that problem. This might be one of the 'over' corrections to the problem that we have discussed before unless someone presents a valid reason why this information is necessary.

Edited to add: it might have something to do with determining if the person in question is indeed a biological woman, but even then, I would guess that there are some women that don't menstruate due to some abnormal medical issues. I could be wrong though.

I think maybe it has to do with 'trans athletes' competing in women's sports (just a guess at this point) but not real sure why menstrual information would help alleviate that problem. This might be one of the 'over' corrections to the problem that we have discussed before unless someone presents a valid reason why this information is necessary.

Edited to add: it might have something to do with determining if the person in question is indeed a biological woman, but even then, I would guess that there are some women that don't menstruate due to some abnormal medical issues. I could be wrong though.

In the post above yours MT notes that strenuous athletic activity can significantly impact menstruation. It’s all very strange and questionable.

Yep. So maybe it is to monitor the stress of sports on the female body as a whole? Maybe there is a study going on and this data will help 'science' better understand the effects on fertility or some other issue I have no idea about.
Point is, there is other options other than "DeSantis is the Debil".

Yep. So maybe it is to monitor the stress of sports on the female body as a whole? Maybe there is a study going on and this data will help 'science' better understand the effects on fertility or some other issue I have no idea about.
Point is, there is other options other than "DeSantis is the Debil".
There is no study being done for these forms. They don’t provide ongoing information, just a single yearly data point. According to what I have read this is just meaningless gathering of info because they can. Oh, and I don’t think DeSantis has had anything to do with it in the past, although I’m certain he would misuse it if he figures out a way.

Jesus fork, what is wrong with Florida?
Start with this guy...

ron_desantis_1244536854.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom