Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Wrong. But unsurprising since you lack the capacity to understand. Businesses most certainly can regulate behavior including speech among their employees.
    As well a baking a cake for someone. You agree with that I am sure.

I was just in a OB visit and our baby was about 7 weeks at the time. We could see the heart beating away. At 9 weeks now and he/she apparently has knees and elbows now and little fingers and toes, we will have eyes on it next week as we are going for another check up and to find out the sex of the little one.

I think that article is propaganda. There is nothing in those photos that show a fetus at 10 weeks. Nothing.

As well a baking a cake for someone. You agree with that I am sure.
    Nope.

Although I am sure that refusing to bake a cake for a Jew or refusing to bake a cake for a black/white couple would be OK with you.

Nope.

Although I am sure that refusing to bake a cake for a Jew or refusing to bake a cake for a black/white couple would be OK with you.
    So you are on board with the state forcing a private business to preform a service for someone against their will?

Are you saying I am racist towards Jewish and interracial couples?

Should a liberal bake shop be forced to bake a cake with a confederate flag for R. Lee's birthday on 1.19 even if they don't want to bake a cake for a loser traitor slave owning really bad guy?

So you are on board with the state forcing a private business to preform a service for someone against their will?

Are you saying I am racist towards Jewish and interracial couples?

Should a liberal bake shop be forced to bake a cake with a confederate flag for R. Lee's birthday on 1.19 even if they don't want to bake a cake for a loser traitor slave owning really bad guy?
    First, yes, you are a racist but let's mush on.

So, you are saying Brown v Bd. of Ed. was wrongly decided and that Jim Crow should still exist?

And, damn right, they should be forced. The thought process that you are putting forth is precisely the thought process of Jim Crow.

First, yes, you are a racist
    Ok.
    So, you are saying Brown v Bd. of Ed. was wrongly decided and that Jim Crow should still exist?

And, damn right, they should be forced. The thought process that you are putting forth is precisely the thought process of Jim Crow.
    First I want you to explain how a privately owned business is comparable to a state run education system?
    State compulsion to preform private labor?

You are right, this checks out for you. As per the left, you guys love governmental control, only way to keep everyone in line and fall in with the group think.

Ok.

First I want you to explain how a privately owned business is comparable to a state run education system?
    State compulsion to preform private labor?

You are right, this checks out for you. As per the left, you guys love governmental control, only way to keep everyone in line and fall in with the group think.
    You can run but you cannot hide. Jim Crow was legally enforced discrimination based upon race also known as groupthink by conservatives. How odd. Conservatives never engage in groupthink. Brown v Bd. of Ed. was the opening salvo in the destruction of conservative groupthink racism.

Saying that businesses can decide that they do not want to serve someone based upon "deeply held beliefs" is no different than discrimination based upon the deeply held belief that Blacks were inferior, dirty, carried diseases and were inherently lazy.

You are a racist, period. Oh, and also a bigot.

It's a tricky subject but the Free Exercise Clause exists (although the Establishment Clause is basically ignored from a practical standpoint). If a private baker doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding or whatever then so be it. You can't force him to but you can bring it to light and maybe his customer base suffers based on his belief. That's not 'cancelling,' that's the free market. And if he loses enough business then maybe he ultimately determines his 'deep religious beliefs' aren't so deep anymore. Or not deeper than his desire for cash.

You can run but you cannot hide. Jim Crow was legally enforced discrimination based upon race also known as groupthink by conservatives. How odd. Conservatives never engage in groupthink. Brown v Bd. of Ed. was the opening salvo in the destruction of conservative groupthink racism.

Saying that businesses can decide that they do not want to serve someone based upon "deeply held beliefs" is no different than discrimination based upon the deeply held belief that Blacks were inferior, dirty, carried diseases and were inherently lazy.

You are a racist, period. Oh, and also a bigot.
    LOL. Where am I running too?
    Conservative Democrats you mean. I agree.

Do you understand the difference between a private entity and a governmental entity? You do not obviously.

So by your astounding logic, if you hold a deeply held belief that prevented you from doing something and someone wanted you to do that thing, you are then a bigot?

Yes, dude, you have established that I am a racist and bigot now.
    I am not fighting you on it. I am a racist and a bigot, is that better? Oh, and don't forget an ablest. This is proven by the way I treat you.

It's a tricky subject but the Free Exercise Clause exists (although the Establishment Clause is basically ignored from a practical standpoint). If a private baker doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding or whatever then so be it. You can't force him to but you can bring it to light and maybe his customer base suffers based on his belief. That's not 'cancelling,' that's the free market. And if he loses enough business then maybe he ultimately determines his 'deep religious beliefs' aren't so deep anymore. Or not deeper than his desire for cash.
    I have no problem with that, at all. Where I do have a problem is when the government is the one bringing it to public light. If I am not mistaken I believe that is what the judge said when hearing the case.

Keep in mind that the person/business also has the legal right to go after those that bring to light false information in order to create the change they want. We are starting to see more and more of that, which is a good thing all together.

I have no problem with that, at all. Where I do have a problem is when the government is the one bringing it to public light. If I am not mistaken I believe that is what the judge said when hearing the case.

Keep in mind that the person/business also has the legal right to go after those that bring to light false information in order to create the change they want. We are starting to see more and more of that, which is a good thing all together.
    Sure that's defamation. But it's a high bar to reach. If you say: "In my opinion, baker Joe is a bigot," you can't be sued for that.

LOL. Where am I running too?
    Conservative Democrats you mean. I agree.

Do you understand the difference between a private entity and a governmental entity? You do not obviously.

So by your astounding logic, if you hold a deeply held belief that prevented you from doing something and someone wanted you to do that thing, you are then a bigot?

Yes, dude, you have established that I am a racist and bigot now.
    I am not fighting you on it. I am a racist and a bigot, is that better? Oh, and don't forget an ablest. This is proven by the way I treat you.
    Lol. You either don’t understand Jim Crow and are a fool or you do understand Jim Crow and that just underscores your racism. it is unfortunate that he is dead so you can’t ask Bill Russell about what he experienced. Perhaps you have heard of The Green Book? Private businesses discriminated against Blacks for simply being Black. Private sector did that. Brown v Bd. of Red. was the sounding of the death knell for Jim Crow including by the private sector. Of course, racism still exists as it is merely a form of tribalism so white people have someone to look down on.

Being “ableist” implies you are able. About what no one is quite sure but maybe someday you will find something you can do competently.

Lol. You either don’t understand Jim Crow and are a fool or you do understand Jim Crow and that just underscores your racism. it is unfortunate that he is dead so you can’t ask Bill Russell about what he experienced. Perhaps you have heard of The Green Book? Private businesses discriminated against Blacks for simply being Black. Private sector did that. Brown v Bd. of Red. was the sounding of the death knell for Jim Crow including by the private sector. Of course, racism still exists as it is merely a form of tribalism so white people have someone to look down on.

Being “ableist” implies you are able. About what no one is quite sure but maybe someday you will find something you can do competently.
    Really, I have never heard about Jim Crow. Thanks for reliving your childhood. It was neat.

You mean the Republicans of today were the democrats who passed Jim Crow? How did they do that? Did they find the fountain of youth?
    OBVIOUSLY, the south was Democratic, now it's Republican. The name of the party the south belongs to is irrelevant. It's still the south.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom