Strip Clubs Denied SBA Emergency Loans... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Okc

Better Days
    Reaction score
    But they sure have no problem wanting that State Sales Tax and Federal Income tax money... and then some states such as California even go so far as forcing the owners to make Strippers Employees and collect FICA taxes from them...

I guess Strip Club DJ's, Bartenders, Waitress', Cooks, Security Staff and Managers just aren't Honorable Citizens...

*sigh*

Last edited:
    That's what happens when you choose to carry water for a party that has been against your existence from the beginning.

No need to rub it in.

Sorry Joe, I think there is a lawsuit filed by an owner over this. Maybe you can join in?

But they sure have no problem wanting that State Sales Tax and Federal Income tax money... and then some states such as California even go so far as forcing the owners to make Strippers Employees and collect FICA taxes from them...

I guess Strip Club DJ's, Bartenders, Waitress', Cooks, Security Staff and Managers just aren't Honorable Citizens...

*sigh*

I don't give a rats arse if you're "honorable" or not. You're freaking American Citizens engaged in lawful activity and you're entitled to the same GD protections as any of the rest of us. This is just another example of the absurd hypocrisy of Republicans who preach small government and personal responsibility just to carve out exemptions for those who don't act the way they want.

Joe, I have written letters to our reps and made calls on this issue and included my thoughts on the same ridiculous exclusion for the employees of private country clubs, as well. Why should a waiter at a Country CLub be any less well treated during this crisis than the guy at McDonalds? He shouldn't. And, I'm sure the private club thing was Democrats trying to avoid Trump getting money and it's stupid.

As for the employee/contractor status, I hope you realize that at least as employees they'd have work comp, rights to benefits shuch as health insurance and unemployment so I have no problem there.

*sigh*

That sucks. Where is the denial coming from, the bank or the SBA? You going for the PPP or the Emergency Disaster Program?

This is just another example of the absurd hypocrisy of Republicans who preach small government and personal responsibility just to carve out exemptions for those who don't act the way they want.

I'd like to see the Progressives break off from the Centrist Democrats and the Religious Sect from the Don't Tread on Me Republicans. Then we could have a 4-way battle royale. The unfortunate part is that it'd have to happen at the same time or it would guarantee victories for the lagging side.

*sigh*

Sorry to hear your bosses arse won't be covered. I would have a hard time with it especially if he happened to be the one club that played the game by the book. In a major cash operation like that I seriously hope he did not because I can't imagine being in that buisness without washing cash or paying the full amount of taxes.

I am sure you should be more on the look out for the staff that were 10-99ing their youth away..

Hope your uncle is giving you unemployment.

The silver lining is that nudie bars are just about recession proof when we get to the point they can open.

I'd like to see the Progressives break off from the Centrist Democrats and the Religious Sect from the Don't Tread on Me Republicans. Then we could have a 4-way battle royale. The unfortunate part is that it'd have to happen at the same time or it would guarantee victories for the lagging side.

I'm of the personal opinion that the centrist Democrats and the centrist Republicans are the exact same people. What this country clearly needs is a centrist party flanked by a progressive party and whatever you want to call the extreme right version of things (conservative certainly doesn't fit).

Sorry to hear that, Joe! At least one club in Vegas is filing suit. But, check this out:

But not all companies in the sexual business have been denied funding. Bella’s Hacienda Ranch brothel owner Madam Bella Cummins received a notification that her funding application was approved for around $70,000, but the program had run out of money by then.

“It was a huge milestone because it’s the first time I was approved for anything associated with a grant or part of a package,” she said.

Sorry to hear that, Joe! At least one club in Vegas is filing suit. But, check this out:

But not all companies in the sexual business have been denied funding. Bella’s Hacienda Ranch brothel owner Madam Bella Cummins received a notification that her funding application was approved for around $70,000, but the program had run out of money by then.

“It was a huge milestone because it’s the first time I was approved for anything associated with a grant or part of a package,” she said.

If there's already one lawsuit moving forward, there's no reason for other not to do the same.

and then some states such as California even go so far as forcing the owners to make Strippers Employees and collect FICA taxes from them...

Why would the strippers not be considered employees and why would it be a stretch (? I'm assuming that's what you were going with on your statement) for CA to tax them as an employee?

Why would the strippers not be considered employees and why would it be a stretch (? I'm assuming that's what you were going with on your statement) for CA to tax them as an employee?
    I asked Joe about this a few days ago and then investigated myself. It is an interesting subject and sort of follows the national trend of people fighting to be classified as employees.

I asked Joe about this a few days ago and then investigated myself. It is an interesting subject and sort of follows the national trend of people fighting to be classified as employees.

Years ago there was a bunch of discussion about it here. The clubs were charging girls to work so they were considered contractors, but they were essentially buying shifts which put them on a schedule and that made them employees.

I think the girls wanted to have their cash without withholding. The clubs, of course, didn't want to pay benefits or taxes. Not sure how it works now, but it would surely make sense that the girls ought to want to be considered employees for taxation and benefit purposes.

Sure. Classify them as "independent contractors" and you don't have to pay workers' comp insurance, payroll taxes, etc. It's a widespread practice - certainly not limited to the strip club industry. It's also very prevalent in the construction industry, among others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom