Stacey Abrams announces intent to run for governor in Georgia (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

"Major League Baseball (MLB) commissioner Robert Manfred decided to move the All-Star Game on his own after holding extensive discussions with voting rights groups associated with Lebron James, Stacey Abrams and Rev. Al Sharpton, sources familiar with the move tell Fox News."

Did you? First paragraph.

Why, yes, yes I did.

Why, yes, yes I did.
    "Major League Baseball (MLB) commissioner Robert Manfred decided to move the All-Star Game on his own after holding extensive discussions with voting rights groups associated with Lebron James, Stacey Abrams and Rev. Al Sharpton, sources familiar with the move tell Fox News."

@Farb

Look at the three words in the quote which you posted, right before you decided to begin bold print.

You are being manipulated.

They sold you on a headline and then snuck in the “on his own” right before saying he had extensive conversations to put two things together that are both true individually but are not a new fact when put together.

Here Fox News is intentionally misleading you to the conclusion you came to. It is easy to do when you already have bias. Don’t feel bad however. This is Psy-Ops level propaganda and you have been exposed to it for over 20 years. You have been conditioned. Even your conditioning has been conditioned.

@Farb

Look at the three words in the quote which you posted, right before you decided to begin bold print.

They sold you on a headline and then snuck in the “on his own” right before saying he had extensive conversations to put two things together that are both true individually but are not a new fact when put together.

Here Fox News is intentionally misleading you to the conclusion you came to. It is easy to do when you already have bias. Don’t feel bad however. This is Psy-Ops level propaganda and you have been exposed to it for over 20 years. You have been conditioned. Even your conditioning has been conditioned.
    Do you think Gov. Abrams has the power to move the all-star game herself? No, she does not. Who does? The Commish of baseball, so naturally it was his decision. A decision he made all by himself, like a big boy, after talking with Abrams, LeKaren, and a racist. Am I the one being the manipulated?
    She crawfished when the black community and city leaders pushed back. Plain and simple.

Do you think Gov. Abrams has the power to move the all-star game herself? No, she does not. Who does? The Commish of baseball, so naturally it was his decision. A decision he made all by himself, like a big boy, after talking with Abrams, LeKaren, and a racist. Am I the one being the manipulated?
    She crawfished when the black community and city leaders pushed back. Plain and simple.

If she had to crawfish back after the community leaders pushed back, then it shouldn’t be hard for you to find evidence of her saying it should be moved.

If she had to crawfish back after the community leaders pushed back, then it shouldn’t be hard for you to find evidence of her saying it should be moved.

I did, you all got stuck on what 'is' is again.

So you are going to just skip the on his own part, then highlight text that doesn't support your statement that Abrams moved the game.... bold strategy, Cotton.

giphy (4).gif

So you are going to just skip the on his own part, then highlight text that doesn't support your statement that Abrams moved the game.... bold strategy, Cotton.
    I said she wanted the game moved as a political stunt and then when it did move and the residents were pissed, she crawfished and tried to get it moved back or at the least put up the political airs that she was 'for the people'.

You are correct. Abrams did not waddle into the MLB office and sit down, put her feet up and told them they were moving the game.

You have zero proof of what she said. She has said the opposite is what happened, and hasn’t been corrected by any other people who were, you know, actually there to hear the conversation. And you feel like you can just call her a liar, with no evidence, and then make fat jokes. That is messed up.

It’s not a good look for you Farb. You seem less and less coherent daily around here.

You are correct. Abrams did not waddle into the MLB office and sit down, put her feet up and told them they were moving the game.
    Do you have ANY evidence that she EVER said the game should be moved?

If not, you should really just shut up about it because it is pathetic.

I don't know why it matters, an all star game is basically an hours long advertisement for the next season.

What's important is that Abrams is running for Governor.​

And I support her in that run.

I remembered reading about her not agreeing with moving the game at the time, so I looked it up. Here is a recent interview where they ask her about it. It was Kemp who lied and tried to blame her for it. She tried to get MLB to keep the game in GA.

“They called me and I said, 'please stay, stay and fight.' I can't control what people decide to do, I can only control what I try to invest in. And that is making sure that we have a forward-looking vision for the state and doing the work possible. But in the end, if people want to say that the laws as they stand are not right. I cannot disagree. In fact, I very clearly said that any company that spoke out against those bills, we're doing the right thing. I don't agree with pulling the game. But I do agree with disagreeing with in saying that those laws were wrong.”

Its all about "optics-framing", Abrams personally opposed and was against MLB's decision to move this year's past MLB All-Star game from Atlanta to Denver, a decision many liberals then and now agreed with as I'm sure many nationwide Democrats did, as well. Abrams is a liberal Democrat in a still-very red state(outside of Atlanta, and to a lesser extent, Athens, Ga. is still very red) so if her party was perceived as being the prime mover or supporter of moving an event that would generate millions of dollars of income to local businesses, it doesn't matter what SHE HERSELF felt or wanted, its what many in her political party wanted and it puts Ga. Democrats in an unenviable position thats a bit a no-win situation.

Raise hell and oppose the decision many in your own party outside the state back and risk losing some political capital or raise some objections, say you " oppose it" but privately realize its a battle you can't win and one figurative hill one shouldn't risking their hard-won political battles but know that the opposition will use your party membership as a reason to say, "Yes, you and your party were collectively responsible for supporting a move that hurt this state in boycotting Atlanta's MLB boycott and now you want to run for Governor next year."

Abrams chose the latter option and she'll be attacked, anyway. Because it ultimately doesn't matter what she feels or opposed, but her party was for it and she didn't raise enough hell to make a discernible difference that distinguishes her from her party.

I'm not saying this logically makes any sense, don't misunderstand me, but there is a growing widening perception that what the major political party wants or dictates is pretty much equivalent to what any of its members feel, believe, or support as well, individual reservations, be damned.

I don’t think Abrams is particularly liberal, though. She strikes me as more of a pragmatist who likes to get stuff done. Something between Manchin and AOC.

Democrats are not nearly as monolithic as Rs. Republicans will try to expel members for thought crimes these days, lol.

@Farb

If we're going to cast Fox News into that overcrowded pit of damnation for their overt, Psys-OP conditioning and priming to believe pre-packaged, overtly biased news or propoganda, then theyll be joined in good company by some old, bitter foes and enemies like Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, now Chris Cuomo from other cable news networks, particularly MSNBC, who took FOX's business model, and made their own overt politicized news and commentary in the opposite political spectrum. If FOX News is to be judged and found wanting, they will not be judged as being guilty alone, and won't be burning in hell for eternity by themselves.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom