Russia offered bounties to kill american troops. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The moose

Reaction score
    I'm not sure why people think Trump will "lead" with only 4 months remaining in his term. He is so distracted by SDNY and what he faces upon being voted out of office, and trying to figure a way to get re elected, this is merely a blip on his radar.

If it will not help his re election efforts, it has no meaning to him.

This is bad, there should be consequences for Russia.

It is not among the things we as the public should focus on for the next 6 months.

Wear a mask.

If this true, ignoring this is one of the worst thing the Trump administration has done. I wonder how this will go over with the Troops.

If this true, ignoring this is one of the worst thing the Trump administration has done. I wonder how this will go over with the Troops.

Well i guess he won't be able to get their votes.

Yes and I do agree this is horrible but we continue to get horrible stuff he has done years after he is gone.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that Putin sees the writing on the wall and that there is a very good chance that Trump will lose the election even with interference from Russia. Putin at this point is going to wring as much as he can out of trump until he cuts him lose. The fact that Putin has essentially been putting hits out on American soldiers and trump is aware and has not done anything should infuriate EVERY American. This is simply disgusting and anyone trying to rationalize or justify support for trump on this is disgusting themselves and don't deserve the American citizenship that they take for granted.

So the intelligence community is “confident” that this has happened, was the work of the GRU (same unit involved in 2016 cyber-attacks on our election), and Trump hasn’t even bothered to ask Russia to stop doing it:
    BBFBD980-08DA-405F-AD75-984A23A2EFC0.jpeg

D8BFCF3D-8CCB-414E-BC1E-5BDA9CBFC519.jpeg

6E5BB165-0A3B-4A2F-8017-F5B626D961E2.jpeg

I didn’t realize the extent to which Russia was involved in Afghanistan. Mattis quit over Syria and Afghanistan, specifically referring to Russia in his resignation letter as if Trump is unwilling to stand up to them. This article shows he won’t even stand up against Russia for the sake of our own troops and those of our allies. It isn’t hard to understand why military leaders are bailing on him.

Trump defenders, please stop pretending like these things aren’t happening. And if you don’t say anything about this story, I don’t ever want to hear it suggested that the GOP cares about the troops and Democrats don’t. And stop cheering when Trump hugs and kisses the flag like he gives a damn about it.

This is terrible

But I don’t know how big an effect it will have

I know they aren’t comparable but if Trumps “I like people who weren’t captured” McCain fig, and shot at Gold Star family (khan?) didn’t move the needle at all with his military support I’m not sure this will either

This is terrible

But I don’t know how big an effect it will have

I know they aren’t comparable but if Trumps “I like people who weren’t captured” McCain fig, and shot at Gold Star family (khan?) didn’t move the needle at all with his military support I’m not sure this will either

Once we find out for sure which soldiers it was who were killed, and their friends and family start to speak out, i think it will evaporate his support with the military.

Covid is another reality check coming up for his base.

Anyone remember that private meeting he had with Putin a couple years ago, when he came out he said he believed Putin

for the longest time I've felt that Putin has some dirt on Trump. Or, maybe those rumors about Trump being indebted... who knows.

What is the source of this report? Is it an "unnamed intelligence source" or an unnamed official briefed by an unnamed intelligence source?

Hey did you read the article posted?

Please do. I am more than sure many more articles are coming. The story broke last night.

What is the source of this report? Is it an "unnamed intelligence source" or an unnamed official briefed by an unnamed intelligence source?
    The intelligence assessment is said to be based at least in part on interrogations of captured afghan militants and criminals.”

I'm sure those Afghan militants and criminals are really trustworthy.

American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

That doesn't sound very definitive. The reporting sounds very familiar to Russiagate and we all know how that turned out.

The officials did not describe the mechanics of the Russian operation, such as how targets were picked or how money changed hands. It is also not clear whether Russian operatives had deployed inside Afghanistan or met with their Taliban counterparts elsewhere.

We don't really know how it happened or many details, but we trust the word of the Afgan miltants and criminals!

The intelligence assessment is said to be based at least in part on interrogations of captured afghan militants and criminals.”

American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

That doesn't sound very definitive. The reporting sounds very familiar to Russiagate and we all know how that turned out.

The officials did not describe the mechanics of the Russian operation, such as how targets were picked or how money changed hands. It is also not clear whether Russian operatives had deployed inside Afghanistan or met with their Taliban counterparts elsewhere.

We don't really know how it happened or many details, but we trust the word of the Afgan miltants and criminals!
    Don’t confuse failure to uncover enough evidence to prove Trump was guilty of crimes, as it pertains to Russia, with actual guilt. Capone could never be proven to be a killer, but they got him for mail fraud. Trump And Barr are still doing everything in their power to cover-up their crimes.

If you think we should never act until we’re absolutely sure, we probably wouldn’t have killed Bin Laden and other terrorists. I agree that there isn’t enough in this report to be certain that Russia has bounties on Americans, but I also am fairly confident that the testimony of the Afghans is corroborated somehow, otherwise our Intelligence people are idiots, and I don’t believe that. I think failures like the Iraqi WMD intelligence was driven by political pressure. I don’t think the CIA has pressure on them in this case to fault the Russians. I would think it is quite the opposite.

Taliban comments:

Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban, denied that the insurgents have “any such relations with any intelligence agency” and called the report an attempt to defame them.

“These kinds of deals with the Russian intelligence agency are baseless — our target killings and assassinations were ongoing in years before, and we did it on our own resources,” he said. “That changed after our deal with the Americans, and their lives are secure and we don’t attack them.”

By your logic, these words from a terrorist and criminal are not to be believed, therefore the story is true.

Don’t confuse failure to uncover enough evidence to prove Trump was guilty of crimes, as it pertains to Russia, with actual guilt.
    That's literally how our justice system works. If there isn't evidence of a crime, the person is considered innocent and not guilty

Capone could never be proven to be a killer, but they got him for mail fraud. Trump And Barr are still doing everything in their power to cover-up their crimes.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is eventually found to be guilty of tax evasion or money laundering. The Tom Clancy like story of Russia and Trump collusion that has been discredited and yet people still hang on to is hard to take seriously.
    If you think we should never act until we’re absolutely sure, we probably wouldn’t have killed Bin Laden and other terrorists. I agree that there isn’t enough in this report to be certain that Russia has bounties on Americans, but I also am fairly confident that the testimony of the Afghans is corroborated somehow, otherwise our Intelligence people are idiots, and I don’t believe that. I think failures like the Iraqi WMD intelligence was driven by political pressure. I don’t think the CIA has pressure on them in this case to fault the Russians. I would think it is quite the opposite.
    I have no confidence in unnamed intelligence sources after the many bombshell Russiagate stories that turned out to be false.

One thing that seems odd about this article is why would Russia need to pay the Taliban bounties to kill American troops? Do they really need more incentive to kill an invading army?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom