Russia offered bounties to kill american troops. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The moose

Reaction score
    You do a really good job of responding to posts by playing semantical games and never addressing the points in the post.

No, there's a very real point in this "game". I am pointing out the flaw in your logic. You derided the source of the information as being untrustworthy, which means you must, by your own logic, do the same for the contradictory statement made by the Taliban spokesperson.

No, there's a very real point in this "game". I am pointing out the flaw in your logic. You derided the source of the information as being untrustworthy, which means you must, by your own logic, do the same for the contradictory statement made by the Taliban spokesperson.
    If that Taliban statement was used in the article to prove or disprove something, then you would have a point.

If that Taliban statement was used in the article to prove or disprove something, then you would have a point.

You dismissed the source of the information as a criminal, therefore not to be believed.

I am asking if you find that the man who made this statement on behalf of the Taliban is also not to be believed.

I don't know how much more plainly I can make this point.

I have no confidence in unnamed intelligence sources after the many bombshell Russiagate stories that turned out to be false.

One thing that seems odd about this article is why would Russia need to pay the Taliban bounties to kill American troops? Do they really need more incentive to kill an invading army?

Of course you don't. Why would you when it impunes your candidate?

As to why, why not? Tell us why it's so hard to imagine Russia paying bounties.

As cuddle pointed out so well, you discount what comes out of terrorists yet don't discount the taliban statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Of course you don't. Why would you when it impunes your candidate?

As to why, why not? Tell us why it's so hard to imagine Russia paying bounties.

As cuddle pointed out so well, you discount what comes out of terrorists yet don't discount the taliban statement.
    I discount what comes from unnamed intelligence sources in regards to Russia that have been shown to be habitual liars the past 3 years. This current claim is about as flimsy as it gets.

20200627_184212.jpg

Taliban have been killing American forces for about 17 years. Why would they supposedly need to be paid to do that now?

It has been validated by the White House. The current argument is that neither Trump nor Pence knew, which most find improbable.

but even if that were true, he knows now and has said nothing. He has, instead, tweeted multiple times about a statue in Lafayette Park with a bunch of Most Wanted signs. He is condemning Americans for tearing down a statue but has said nothing against a despot who offered bounties on American soldiers.

He found out about this (allegedly) yesterday.

He's tweeted over 40 times since then, and said nothing. Not a peep.

I don’t find that a commensurate nor sensible response.

Last edited:
    The intelligence assessment is said to be based at least in part on interrogations of captured afghan militants and criminals.”

I'm sure those Afghan militants and criminals are really trustworthy.

American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

That doesn't sound very definitive. The reporting sounds very familiar to Russiagate and we all know how that turned out.

The officials did not describe the mechanics of the Russian operation, such as how targets were picked or how money changed hands. It is also not clear whether Russian operatives had deployed inside Afghanistan or met with their Taliban counterparts elsewhere.

We don't really know how it happened or many details, but we trust the word of the Afgan miltants and criminals!
    I trust the intelligence agencies to give the sitting president the best information they have available. Denials such as the above only go to prove what a number of people here have been saying for a long time. And that is that trump supporters will find a way to defend his actions or lack thereof no matter what he does or says. I fully suspected a response like this. What gives me hope is that it took 2 pages before the excuses came out.

The dialogue around Russia and the G7/G8 Might be interesting

this was back at the beginning of the month and I imagine it’s only gotten more complicated.

I don’t believe that the president wasn’t briefed on this back in March. My best guess is that they are lying about it. I might believe he didn’t bother to read his brief, or wasn’t listening when it was discussed. Or it could be that one of his political appointees knew he wouldn’t want to hear it, because of his affinity for Putin, and they may have not informed him. I think that is the least likely scenario, however.

What matters now is how he responds. If he doesn’t, at the very least, withdraw his invitation for Putin to attend the G7, that will tell us everything we need to know about where his loyalties really lie.

(I feel that he will not withdraw the invitation unless he is forced to do so by political pressure, or by public opinion. We shall see.)

It has been validated by the White House. The current argument is that neither Trump nor Pence knew, which most find improbable.

but even if that were true, he knows now and has said nothing. He has, instead, tweeted multiple times about a statue in Lafayette Park with a bunch of Most Wanted signs. He is condemning Americans for tearing down a statue but has said nothing against a despot who offered bounties on American soldiers.

He found out about this (allegedly) yesterday.

He's tweeted over 40 times since then, and said nothing. Not a peep.

I don’t find that a commensurate nor sensible response.

It really shows how disfunctional the administration is when the primary responses to such serious allegations is to protect Trump and Pence.

Where is the "This is a serious matter which we will ensure will be investigated thoroughly and if found to have merit will be dealt with harshly" - instead it is "They did not know"

I trust the intelligence agencies to give the sitting president the best information they have available. Denials such as the above only go to prove what a number of people here have been saying for a long time. And that is that trump supporters will find a way to defend his actions or lack thereof no matter what he does or says. I fully suspected a response like this. What gives me hope is that it took 2 pages before the excuses came out.

Can you imagine what these same people would be saying if this happened under Obama?

I discount what comes from unnamed intelligence sources in regards to Russia that have been shown to be habitual liars the past 3 years. This current claim is about as flimsy as it gets.

20200627_184212.jpg

Taliban have been killing American forces for about 17 years. Why would they supposedly need to be paid to do that now?

You've been drinking the Russiagate koolaid for so long that you can't even tell that the koolaid ran out.

You have been decrying the Russia issue so long, you lump all things Russia together now.

As noted above, the WH is now taking the tact of saying POTUS wasn't briefed. Not that it's not true, that there was no briefing. If not true, they would be shouting from the mountain top "deep state lies". (which I'm sure is next).

NYTimes; did not read.

What four bucks a month too much or you think they are fake news?

Considering the white house acknowledged it I guess the fake news is squashed.

We are all aware that t Rump is the lowest form of life out there but I find it hard to believe that after all the atrocities that the Russians committed against Afghanistan in the 70s that they would be willing to work with the Russians on anything, and after we help the Afghanistan get rid of the Russians in the 70s and then left them high and dry I don’t doubt that they are trying to do anything they can to get us out of their country also. Someone else posted above me if this story does indeed prove to be true I think that T rump could care less at this point given that there’s only four months left before he is evicted. I’m not surprised at all by his lack of interest in anything other than his reelection. If he didn’t care about putting his base in a closed environment for his pep rally why the hell do you think he would care about the troops that are 8000 miles away. As satisfying as it’s going to be to see him lose the election I’m gonna have a blast watching him jump through hoops trying to get out of All of the legal hell that is coming his way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom