Right wing nuts thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven Richer is the Maricopa County Recorder (Republican) who Lake lied about repeatedly and accused of election fraud when she lost her race for governor. He has sued her for defamation. She just lost her last (hopefully) appeal and the trial will move forward.

Steven Richer is the Maricopa County Recorder (Republican) who Lake lied about repeatedly and accused of election fraud when she lost her race for governor. He has sued her for defamation. She just lost her last (hopefully) appeal and the trial will move forward.

Hope he gets every last cent from her. Won't happen, but enough to make her squeal works for me. Dirtbag deserves to rot.

Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician turned GOP congressman, regularly touts his military bona fides.
    “As a retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral with nearly three decades of military service I understand the commitment and sacrifices made by servicemen and servicewomen to serve our country,” the two-term Texas representative writes on his congressional website, posted to a page listing his work on veterans issues.

But Jackson is no longer a retired admiral. The Navy demoted him in July 2022 following a damaging Pentagon inspector general’s report that substantiated allegations about his inappropriate behavior as a White House physician, a previously unreported decision confirmed by a current defense official and a former U.S. official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive personnel move.

Jackson is now a retired Navy captain, those people said — a demotion that carries significant financial burden in addition to the social stigma of stripped rank in military circles.
    Despite the demotion, Jackson has continued to refer to himself as a retired rear admiral, including in statements released since the Navy reclassified him as a retired captain. Former president Donald Trump and other Republicans have also continued to publicly describe Jackson using his former rank; it’s unclear if they were aware of his demotion.

Jackson’s office did not respond to requests for comment about the Navy’s 2022 personnel action and his demotion. The former White House physician has become a prominent voice in the 2024 campaign, repeatedly affirming Trump’s fitness to serve while castigating President Biden’s.

For an officer who served 24 years like Jackson, there is more than a $15,000 difference in annual pension payouts between a retired one-star admiral, the rank that Jackson held when he retired from the Navy in December 2019, and a retired captain, according to an estimate by Katherine L. Kuzminski, a military policy expert at Center for a New American Security. That payout gap is likely to widen over time as the military periodically increases its pay rates for each position.............

Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician turned GOP congressman, regularly touts his military bona fides.
    “As a retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral with nearly three decades of military service I understand the commitment and sacrifices made by servicemen and servicewomen to serve our country,” the two-term Texas representative writes on his congressional website, posted to a page listing his work on veterans issues.

But Jackson is no longer a retired admiral. The Navy demoted him in July 2022 following a damaging Pentagon inspector general’s report that substantiated allegations about his inappropriate behavior as a White House physician, a previously unreported decision confirmed by a current defense official and a former U.S. official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive personnel move.

Jackson is now a retired Navy captain, those people said — a demotion that carries significant financial burden in addition to the social stigma of stripped rank in military circles.
    Despite the demotion, Jackson has continued to refer to himself as a retired rear admiral, including in statements released since the Navy reclassified him as a retired captain. Former president Donald Trump and other Republicans have also continued to publicly describe Jackson using his former rank; it’s unclear if they were aware of his demotion.

Jackson’s office did not respond to requests for comment about the Navy’s 2022 personnel action and his demotion. The former White House physician has become a prominent voice in the 2024 campaign, repeatedly affirming Trump’s fitness to serve while castigating President Biden’s.

For an officer who served 24 years like Jackson, there is more than a $15,000 difference in annual pension payouts between a retired one-star admiral, the rank that Jackson held when he retired from the Navy in December 2019, and a retired captain, according to an estimate by Katherine L. Kuzminski, a military policy expert at Center for a New American Security. That payout gap is likely to widen over time as the military periodically increases its pay rates for each position.............

The little twerp deserves the schlitz pouring down on him.

Says the guy who sits on his arse a few hours a day and bloviates bullshirt.

Well, the basic problem is that Ben Shapiro is lying. He said “I think” which is obviously a lie. He lacks the ability.

Boomers would 100% pass legislation that affected ONLY future generations. They would make sure the checks keep rolling in. It would work exactly like student loans. Gen-X wants to start discharging student loans in the 90's, and gets told "Sorry that ladder is getting pulled up."

P.S. Before someone comes in here, and calls me ageist. There is a voting, wealth, and ethnic difference between the age cohorts. You are denying reality when you try to say these criticisms aren't valid.

Boomers would 100% pass legislation that affected ONLY future generations. They would make sure the checks keep rolling in. It would work exactly like student loans. Gen-X wants to start discharging student loans in the 90's, and gets told "Sorry that ladder is getting pulled up."

P.S. Before someone comes in here, and calls me ageist. There is a voting, wealth, and ethnic difference between the age cohorts. You are denying reality when you try to say these criticisms aren't valid.
    All legislation impacts future generations. Humans live, can only live, in the near past. Guesses are all that can be made about the future. Facts interpreted in near past only. Assumptions are made that such and such will be good “for future generations”.

Since humans are incapable of knowing what anyone else is thinking assumptions are made via agitprop from “left or right” based upon theomythologies compounded with massive self-interest.

It would be ridiculous to assume that differences do not exist. It would be equally ridiculous to assume that compromise cannot be used to reduce those differences.

Finally, it would be ridiculous to assume that a political economy which has shown a wide range of impacts from beneficial to malignant cannot be changed. Yet that is what has been driven into the world for multiple decades but it has accelerated since the 1980’s.

It’s not valid because you are damning an entire generation by the actions of a few people who have screwed things up. And those people were not all of one generation.

Have you ever noticed how many baby boomers are still working in their late 60s and 70s? Working in your local Walmart or McDonalds? Do you stop to think why that is? Do you even see them? We see them everywhere we go. Sometimes we talk to them.

How many baby boomers had no retirement savings because when they started working they had an employer pension? And can you imagine where they were in their careers when those pensions were pulled out from under them? Or how they have to work because a spouse got sick and medical bills destroyed what little retirement savings they were able to scrape together?

When plants got bought, who got let go first? The older workers. They cost more to keep, and when plants are bought, the people “trimming costs” are ruthless. I know a man who was a bank executive in a small bank that got purchased and he was let go in his late fifties or early sixties. Ever try to find a professional job in your sixties? They just generally wouldn’t look at you.

My pension was taken away in my 50s. We had very little in retirement savings at that point, because we had Social Security and my pension. The buyout was ridiculously small. I have friends who worked late into their 70s because their spouse got cancer. Worked until they were physically unable to do it, and then moved into a smaller apartment to save money.

When my husband went to Social Security to get a specific idea of his benefit he was informed that the years he had the highest actual incomes - when adjusted for inflation - were in his late 20’s. For the last 45 years his earnings have been shrinking or stagnant.

I’m not complaining for us, when I lost my pension, I started saving 25% and up of my salary and socking it into my 401k, and we inherited a small sum from each of our parents side. And my husband deferred taking his Social Security until he turned 70 to maximize the amount. We are doing okay. We got lucky. But we would never vote to deny anyone younger than us any benefits at all. And I have never heard anyone my age say they want to do that either, in real life. Everyone I talk to that’s my age is worried about their kids and grandkids. Just politicians who are mostly well-to-do want to do that.

You would never make such broad generalizations about any other group of people, but somehow you think seniors are a monolith. They are not. People who want to cut Social Security have an interest in making you resent seniors, don’t you think? You in the general sense as a younger voter. Makes it easier to convince you to vote to cut these benefits.

Oh, and discharging student loans wasn’t a thing for my generation. There wasn’t a ladder to get pulled up. But yet again, I would totally be in favor of forgiving all of them. And reforming them so they aren’t predatory. I’m not complaining. Our loans didn’t balloon like these new ones are. You made your payment for 10 years and they were gone. They were mostly government backed, and this is just another thing that got worse as it was privatized.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but what you said was ageist. Seniors come in all sorts of income levels and every other way you can categorize them. You are talking about a specific cohort of well-to-do, conservative seniors. Don’t tar all us with that broad brush.

Okay, I get why organizations will use AI to generate images. No photographer or agency to pay for rights to an actual photo. You can pander to POC without actually hiring them, lol. But seriously, how do you not catch this stuff in pre-production? Does no human eyeball look at this stuff before it goes out?

It’s not valid because you are damning an entire generation by the actions of a few people who have screwed things up. And those people were not all of one generation.

Have you ever noticed how many baby boomers are still working in their late 60s and 70s? Working in your local Walmart or McDonalds? Do you stop to think why that is? Do you even see them? We see them everywhere we go. Sometimes we talk to them.

How many baby boomers had no retirement savings because when they started working they had an employer pension? And can you imagine where they were in their careers when those pensions were pulled out from under them? Or how they have to work because a spouse got sick and medical bills destroyed what little retirement savings they were able to scrape together?

When plants got bought, who got let go first? The older workers. They cost more to keep, and when plants are bought, the people “trimming costs” are ruthless. I know a man who was a bank executive in a small bank that got purchased and he was let go in his late fifties or early sixties. Ever try to find a professional job in your sixties? They just generally wouldn’t look at you.

My pension was taken away in my 50s. We had very little in retirement savings at that point, because we had Social Security and my pension. The buyout was ridiculously small. I have friends who worked late into their 70s because their spouse got cancer. Worked until they were physically unable to do it, and then moved into a smaller apartment to save money.

When my husband went to Social Security to get a specific idea of his benefit he was informed that the years he had the highest actual incomes - when adjusted for inflation - were in his late 20’s. For the last 45 years his earnings have been shrinking or stagnant.

I’m not complaining for us, when I lost my pension, I started saving 25% and up of my salary and socking it into my 401k, and we inherited a small sum from each of our parents side. And my husband deferred taking his Social Security until he turned 70 to maximize the amount. We are doing okay. We got lucky. But we would never vote to deny anyone younger than us any benefits at all. And I have never heard anyone my age say they want to do that either, in real life. Everyone I talk to that’s my age is worried about their kids and grandkids. Just politicians who are mostly well-to-do want to do that.

You would never make such broad generalizations about any other group of people, but somehow you think seniors are a monolith. They are not. People who want to cut Social Security have an interest in making you resent seniors, don’t you think? You in the general sense as a younger voter. Makes it easier to convince you to vote to cut these benefits.

Oh, and discharging student loans wasn’t a thing for my generation. There wasn’t a ladder to get pulled up. But yet again, I would totally be in favor of forgiving all of them. And reforming them so they aren’t predatory. I’m not complaining. Our loans didn’t balloon like these new ones are. You made your payment for 10 years and they were gone. They were mostly government backed, and this is just another thing that got worse as it was privatized.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but what you said was ageist. Seniors come in all sorts of income levels and every other way you can categorize them. You are talking about a specific cohort of well-to-do, conservative seniors. Don’t tar all us with that broad brush.

You are using anecdotal evidence to try and refute empirical evidence.

Refute these facts with other facts:

Yes, you could discharge student loan debt with a wait of X number of years until 1998.

The bill that made student loans unforgiveable was passed in 1998, under Clinton. Who was the largest voting bloc in the country? What generation does Clinton belong too?

You can lookup data on this. What is true about Boomers:

They are whiter, more conservative, and richer(at comparable points in life) then Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z. When you dig into the why? Some of the more obvious things are like defaulting, forgiving, or discharging student loans, and the price capping pressure this put on universities.

The same way history remembers "The greatest generation" these actions will be part of the Boomers story. It's not ageist, to take a generational approach to history, esp when it's the largest generation to ever exist in our country. Is it ageist to laud the WW2 generation, but to despise their selfish children?

We've been down this road before, and every time your counter argument is extremely weak.

Your entire attitude is honestly weird, and off-putting. Why are you so offended? People are people. The things that shape generations are major shared events. The Great Depression, and WW2 shaped the WW2 Gen. Boomers are more conservative probably because they are the wealthiest generation ever. It's also a clear answer as to why younger generations will be more willing to change the status quo. It's why younger generations are becoming more liberal as they age instead of more conservative. They have less wealth in every stage of life despite being more educated. I don't think younger generations are simple more virtuous. They are simply poorer. That doesn't change the actions, and policies enacted by Boomers to make sure that all these generations had less then them. You can't handwave that way with "ageism".

Last edited:
    You are using anecdotal evidence to try and refute empirical evidence.
    You've provided no evidence at all.

Refute these facts with other facts:

Yes, you could discharge student loan debt with a wait of X number of years until 1998.
    You've picked some historical facts while ignoring the complete set of historical facts. Let's start with the fact of when "Baby Boomers" were supposedly born which was 1946–1964. Now let's look at the discharge restrictions history of student loans.

Until 1976, when a new bankruptcy law was enacted, student loans could, like most forms of financial obligation, be discharged in bankruptcy proceedings. At that point, student loan programs were not yet two decades old and student loan debt had not yet reached the stratospheric proportions that defined it in the 21st century.
    When the student loan program started baby boomers were between the ages of early teens to not even born yet. The so called "Silent Generation" supposedly born between 1928–1945 were the first generation to use student loans. It was that generation that started the first discharge restrictions in 1976 when "Baby Boomers" were between 30 and 12 years old.

Beginning in the 1970s, journalists and legislators began raising concerns about the possibility that student debtors might abuse the bankruptcy system as a means of wriggling out from under their loan debt following graduation. Of particular concern to these critics was the notion that medical and law students graduating with significant debt might attempt to discharge it despite the earning potential that would allow them to pay it down with relative ease. No evidence of actual abuse was ever presented.
    The Congressional Commission on the Bankruptcy Laws of the United States, formed in 1970, issued its findings on student loans in a 1973 report. This report contained recommendations that were intended to assuage those concerns, notably suggesting that student loan debt be barred from discharge for five years following the commencement of repayment and that a standard of undue hardship be established.

The "Silent Generation" was in charge in the early 70's, not the "Baby Boomers." So by your logic, the "Silent Generation" was the first selfish generation sticking it to younger generations in regards to student loan forgiveness. It didn't start with the "Baby Boomers" and it wasn't just the "Baby Boomers." That's a fact.

If one studies the theories of all of the generations objectively and without bias, they will see that theorists point out that the people in every "generation" have a tendency to blame the people in all the other "generations" for all of their problems. That's a universal trait of people who believe that an entire "generation" of people can be uniquely blamed for something.

You were correct about 1998, although even before 1998 it was very difficult to discharge student loan debt even though there were allowances for it.

Let's jump forward to the first successful major relief of student loan debt which was championed by Joe Biden. Biden was born in 1942, which puts him near the end of the "Silent Generation."

Biden is a member of the same "generation" that started to make it harder to get relief from student loan debt to keep people from shirking their responsibilities. Oh, and by the way, the "Baby Boomers" were also burdened with nearly unforgivable student loan debt.

And guess which "generation" is actually going to amass the most wealth? Hint, it isn't the "Boomers."

What is true about Boomers:
    More accurately stated, what is true about many "Boomers", but nowhere near all of them is:
    They are whiter, more conservative,​

People are people. The things that shape generations are major shared events.
    You don't see the internal contradiction of those two statements?

People are individual people who respond and react to the same major shared events in very different ways, because they are unique, complex individuals.

Did we all get shaped and turn out the same way from COVID? We obviously didn't. My grandparents lived through the Great Depression. Some were very miserly and stingy and the others were overly generous. Two very different individual outcomes to the same shared experience.

That is the fundamental flaw in the idea that one's birth generation is a significant indicator and predictor of how an individual will be. It also makes the false assumption that the people in each generation have universally unique traits from the people of other generations. Every generation has every kind of people as far as behavioral traits and values, because like you very accurately stated "people are people."

Generations, particularly blaming generations, is just another manifestation of tribalism used to keep us divided and squabbling with each other instead of unifying against the foundation of all inequity and inequality, the systemic perpetuation of caste/class systems. Don't eat the cheese, it's toxic and only does harm.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom