Right wing nuts thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Raichik knows exactly what she is doing. Her followers celebrate whenever someone they have targeted commits suicide, according to what I have read. I don’t believe this is the first time they have caused a suicide. She is a horrible person.

Raichik knows exactly what she is doing. Her followers celebrate whenever someone they have targeted commits suicide, according to what I have read. I don’t believe this is the first time they have caused a suicide. She is a horrible person.
    Yep, as I said in the lgbtq thread in reference to the Alabama mayor/pastor who killed himself after being outed:

The bigots see that as a problem resolving itself.

If Antifa were half the boogeyman the GOP says, Raichik would be hip deep in death threats.

Yep, as I said in the lgbtq thread in reference to the Alabama mayor/pastor who killed himself after being outed:

The bigots see that as a problem resolving itself.

From the article
    ============

……Copeland's outing and the defenses of it are proof of this. He was a Republican, and it did not protect him. Of course, it didn't. The fascist agenda is never just about eliminating political opponents, though of course, that is bad enough.

It's always about "purifying" the nation. That invariably opens the door to intra-party purges, justified as self-defense against potential traitors.

Right now, state Republican parties are being torn apart as the MAGA loyalists attempt to purge anyone suspected of having pro-democracy sympathies. The former Republican Speaker of the House, Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California, got ousted despite backing the far-right agenda, out of suspicions his heart wasn't MAGA enough.

A huge number of the people Trump openly threatens to imprison are fellow Republicans, hated for disagreeing publicly with his lies. Oh yeah, and there was the attempt to murder Trump's vice president, Mike Pence.

The outing of Copeland follows the same logic.

The management at 1819 News is arguing "we did what we had to do," and painting Copeland as a danger to the community. The people who actually knew him, however, seem to vehemently disagree.

Yet MAGA nation, through Libs of TikTok and with the "groomer" talk, has positioned all queerness as a cancer to eradicate. Under that dehumanizing logic, there's no pleading "but this one guy is okay."…….

Yet MAGA nation, through Libs of TikTok and with the "groomer" talk, has positioned all queerness as a cancer to eradicate. Under that dehumanizing logic, there's no pleading "but this one guy is okay."……
    Yes, so much this. It’s been coming on for a long time. It started when anti-abortion zealots called people who disagree with them “baby killers” and that sort of rhetoric led directly to a physician being gunned down while attending a service at his church. That was decades ago. And yet, the right hasn’t learned anything about this extremist rhetoric. They indulge in it, they revel in it. It sickens normal people. It leads directly to atrocities. They know this, and they do it anyway.

And yet, the right hasn’t learned anything about this extremist rhetoric.

Actually, they've learned a lot. They've learned how to use it and manipulate it more acutely to achieve their extremist goal while portraying themselves as "for the people".

And they've learned that MAGA's are so entrenched in their hatred and zealousness that they won't question any of it and just continue to become more diehard.

The Oklahoma governor, Kevin Stitt, has been soundly denounced by animal rights activists after making a video in support of a cockfighting organization.

Stitt made a video in support of the annual meeting for the Oklahoma Gamefowl Commission, a group that has been working to reduce penalties for cockfighting in the state.

The former district director for the Gamefowl Commission was arrested and charged with a felony in August after authorities busted a cockfighting ring in the state, KFOR reported.

The Gamefowl Commission has donated to several Oklahoman politicians, including Stitt, in an attempt to lessen penalties for those participating. The Oklahoman newspaper said the organization had given over $70,000 to Oklahoma politicians, including $2,000 to Stitt.

“I wish I could be with you for the Gamefowl Commission’s annual legislative meeting, but I wanted to take a moment to cheer you on from the sidelines,” Stitt said in the video published on Sunday.

“Oklahomans like yourselves remained dedicated to the spirit of competition and camaraderie that runs deep in our communities” he added.

Stitt’s office could not be reached by the Guardian for comment.

Cockfighting is a bloodsport in which two or more birds are put in an enclosed space to fight each other. The practice is outlawed in all 50 states, and a felony in 42 states as well as the District of Columbia, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). The first law outlawing cockfighting was passed in 1867.

Backlash to Stitt’s comments has been swift.

Cameron Harsh, the programs director for the non-profit World Animal Protection, called Stitt’s support of cockfighting “out of touch”.

“Cockfighting, as with all forms of organized animal fighting, is archaic and barbaric. Governor Stitt’s posturing to curry favor with a fringe group is out of touch with the majority of Americans,” Harsh said. “The public backlash in response to the governor’s apparent pro-cockfighting stance is further evidence that animal cruelty is unacceptable.”……..

The right-wing group Moms for Liberty suffered a series of crushing defeats in races for state legislatures and school boards, and now they're casting blame for those losses.

Moms for Liberty-backed candidates lost races in Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia and elsewhere in last week's elections, after campaigning on a thinly disguised platform of banning books and restricting classroom discussion of race and gender issues.

Now MSNBC columnist Ja'han Jones said they're blaming teachers for highlighting those unpopular positions.

"Attacks on media and teachers unions were plentiful during [a] town hall [in Georgia]," Jones wrote. "Rep. Mesha Mainor, the Democrat-turned-Republican who controversially switched her party affiliation during her term, took part and baselessly claimed that pressure from teachers unions was 'the only reason' Democrats had voted against a conservative educational policy."

Republican state Sen. Greg Dolezal accused the Atlanta Journal-Constitution of fearmongering about their intentions, while Moms for Liberty co-founder Tina Descovich insists that unflattering claims about her group are "lies," but Jones said the message voters sent was clear............

Texas’s Republican-controlled education board voted Friday against including several climate textbooks in the state science curriculum.

The 15-member board rejected seven out of 12 for eighth-graders. The approved textbooks are published by Savvas Learning Company, McGraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Accelerate Learning and Summit K-12.

The rejected textbooks included climate-crisis policy solutions, and conservative board members criticized them for being too negative about fossil fuels – a major industry in the state. Texas leads the nation in the production of crude oil and natural gas.

Although Texas adopted standards in 2021 that requires eighth-graders be taught the basics about climate change, some argue that measure does not go far enough.

Aaron Kinsey, a Republican board member and executive of an oilfield services company in west Texas, criticized photos in some textbooks as unduly besmirching the oil and gas industry during a discussion of the materials this week.

“The selection of certain images can make things appear worse than they are, and I believe there was bias,” Kinsey said, according to Hearst Newspapers.

“You want to see children smiling in oilfields?” said Democratic board member Aicha Davis. “I don’t know what you want.”

Texas’s 1,000-plus school districts are not required to use board-approved textbooks. But the board’s decision wields influence.……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom