Republicans (or former Rs) against Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is gaining momentum, pretty fast, it might be good to keep track of this movement.

This thread is from a thoughtful conservative that I follow on Twitter, and I generally enjoy seeing his takes:

Its a whole thread, so you will have to click on it to see the rest of his posts. I don’t know how to post the entire thread.

My dad is a rural conservative boomer from Alabama. Not a gun nut but owns guns, watches Fox News, voted for Trump, and has supported him for most of his presidency. My mom, too.

Neither are voting for him this time around.
    Do you believe them?

Yeah, if the total and complete screw up of the pandemic response doesn’t lose your vote, then I think he truly could shoot someone and you wouldn’t care.

Yes. They both have expressed sincere regret and disgust with his response since COVID began. It helps that my mom and my brother are nurses in south Florida and see what is happening every day.
    That has to be some serious buyer's remorse going on there. Anytime where your decision comes back to possibly be life-threatening not only to you but others of your family, that becomes a decision that stays with you long-term. Not that 1 vote by your parents changed the outcome of the election, but the fact that for them, their support for the person whose denial and complete refusal to take any responsibility for the situation they find themselves may cause harm to themselves and their love ones. That has to weigh heavily on them every day.

I keep being reminded of the voter they interviewed after the 2016 election who said she knew Trump is a loose cannon, but Hillary's charity took money from the Saudis.

I'm like "You know he's a loose cannon, but you're giving him the nuclear codes anyway? What the hell is wrong with you?"

I keep being reminded of the voter they interviewed after the 2016 election who said she knew Trump is a loose cannon, but Hillary's charity took money from the Saudis.

I'm like "You know he's a loose cannon, but you're giving him the nuclear codes anyway? What the hell is wrong with you?"
    A loose cannon who hates the same people and things that she does is a perfect loose cannon candidate for her to vote for. They all heard the dog whistles (and the outright slurs) and voted strictly on their hatred. He's even losing some of those people, his most fervent supporters, since he's screwed up the COVID response so bad that it's killing their unhealthy family members now.

Last edited:
    The entity that controls use of Ronald Reagan’s name and likeness has told Trump and RNC to stop using Reagan in their fundraising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom