QAnon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

So will the guy who got half of the country to believe the o.k. sign stood for white power. Maybe their kids can play T-Ball together.

Yep, that and qanon are perfect examples of how imaginary things can become real if enough people just believe.

Look, until you guys prove that JFK Jr. did not fake his own death and will not arrest everyone in the government for being pedophiles any day now, maybe you should consider that you are the conspiracy theorists. It all sounds very reasonable to me. #WWG1WGA

So will the guy who got half of the country to believe the o.k. sign stood for white power. Maybe their kids can play T-Ball together.

Is he in here?

10DC0FB4-3C3F-4D00-9CEB-97F2C54929FC.jpeg

But they aren't wearing Fred Perry polo shirts.

"One of these things is not like the other..."

Yeah, I don’t think you can compare four people having a still shot from the middle of them talking to a bunch of people posing for a photograph.

you can argue the meaning behind their gesture, whether it was a joke or not, but those aren’t really comparable examples. Throw in an unfortunately still alive Roger Stone and, well, let’s say it muddies the waters a bit. With his whole “I’m not going to argue with this negro” comment on the radio the other day, and you can see where the dots become pretty hard to connect.

With his whole “I’m not going to argue with this negro” comment on the radio the other day, and you can see where the dots become pretty hard to connect.

his reaction was so pathetic, too. He went totally silent. And then pretended like he couldn't hear Kelly and then denied, outright, what he said.

Straight out of the same playbook Trump uses. Deny deny deny. Even when it's factually and demonstrably correct.

his reaction was so pathetic, too. He went totally silent. And then pretended like he couldn't hear Kelly and then denied, outright, what he said.

Straight out of the same playbook Trump uses. Deny deny deny. Even when it's factually and demonstrably correct.

If I'm not mistaken, both Trump and Stone worship at the Church of Roy Cohn. Cohn believed that if you are suspected of something, deny it; if there is evidence you have done something, deny and blame others; if you are proven beyond any reasonable doubt to have done something, deny it, blame others and claim the whole thing is a hoax. Always deny, deflect, shift blame and when all else fails, start over. Almost forgot, sue everyone into oblivion and use the law against the lawful.

I am regularly startled by America's ability to intentionally embrace negative elements of our society. With little more validity than a National Enquirer article on aliens impregnating a given movie star, QAnon has emerged from its little conspiracy theory corner of the internet into the mainstream. The most unsettling part of it is when anything Q spouts is proven untrue, it is waved off as part of a larger plan. In other words, whoever is behind it and its proponents have set up an unending mythology that can always be explained away. I fear that the only way it ends is if the person(s) behind it comes forward to say it was all fiction made up in their basement. I doubt that happens since they obviously are enjoying the attention and the anarchy they cause. The fact that normally sane people have bought into it all is astounding.

Not to disagree with anything you said, but that is the least surprising part of it to me. A lot of normally sane people also voted for Trump and truly believe he's a good guy with America's best interest in mind.

A large part of our society is not capable of processing all of the information that is out there today. In truth, nobody really is. It's just to much information, but some people are more comfortable with everything not adding up than others. These conspiracy theories are so tempting because they arrange everything in a nice little package where most of the information can be dismissed and none of it has to be explained. You just take the bits and pieces that "seem" to make their conspiracy stronger and ignore the rest of it.

There is a serious deficit in our country of education, critical thinking and information processing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom