Now is not the time to talk about gun control (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

If it's on a movie set and poses danger, there are safety protocols. If a stunt coordinator fails to inspect everything related to a stunt and the lead actor kills someone because of an unchecked piece of equipment, should the actor be charged with a crime?
    Is Baldwin supposed to check his weapon before pointing it at another human being and pulling the trigger? You bet your a$$ he is. Only a retard wouldn't.

Anyway, I've made my point. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
    Is Baldwin supposed to check his weapon before pointing it at another human being and pulling the trigger? You bet your a$$ he is. Only a retard wouldn't.

Anyway, I've made my point. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

You've made your point and it's hypocritical. Also, your language sucks. Please don't use that word. It's deeply offensive.

You've made your point and it's hypocritical. Also, your language sucks. Please don't use that word. It's deeply offensive.

No, you're making the hypocritical point. Anybody who tried to get out of a shooting because they were told that the gun was safe would be laughed at. There is nothing special about an actor except that most of them are children in adult bodies, aka mentally challenged. That's why they're actors.

An actor with a brain:

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” Clooney said. “Every single take.” Then, “You hand it back to the armor when you’re done.” He said. Part of it is because of what happened to Brandon. Everyone does it. Everyone knows” that is the protocol to follow. “Maybe Alec did that — hopefully he did do that. But the problem is dummies are tricky because they look like real [rounds]. They got a little tiny hole in the back [from which] somebody’s [removed] the gunpowder.”

On-set prop guns have such a realistic look and because of this, Clooney double and triple checks to make sure the prop isn’t dangerous.

“I mean every time I get handed a six-gun,” or a gun that holds six cartridges, “you point it at the ground and you squeeze it six times,” Clooney said, noting “It’s just insane” not to.

Some of Mr. Baldwin’s arguments about why he was not culpable for the shooting were rebutted by prosecutors on Thursday.

He has asserted that he did not pull the trigger before the revolver discharged, explaining that he pulled the hammer back and let it go, but Ms. Carmack-Altwies said F.B.I. analysis concluded that the trigger had been pulled. The actor has also said Ms. Hutchins was directing him where to point the weapon, as the camera crew was trying to get a tight shot of him drawing it out before a gunfight. Ms. Carmack-Altwies said the directions were to point the gun at the camera, which Ms. Hutchins was standing next to.
    “He did not need to be pointing it directly at her,” she said, “and he certainly did not need to pull the trigger.”

Mr. Leonard said that “general practice is to try to never point a gun at anyone, even if it is completely empty,” and that there was “usually a way to cheat the angles so that it makes it look like they are pointing at the person when they are not.” He said plexiglass screens should be used when there was no other option, as in the case of a “draw” scene in a western.

No, you're making the hypocritical point. Anybody who tried to get out of a shooting because they were told that the gun was safe would be laughed at. There is nothing special about an actor except that most of them are children in adult bodies, aka mentally challenged. That's why they're actors.

I asked once and you ignored it. I will ask again that you please stop using offensive language.

Sounds like you just don't like actors, which could be clouding your opinion here. You still haven't answered my question that I have posed twice. If a stunt coordinator fails to inspect everything related to a stunt and the lead actor kills someone because of an unchecked piece of equipment, should the actor be charged with a crime?

I asked once and you ignored it. I will ask again that you please stop using offensive language.
    The only offensive langue in here is your statement about how a man who pulled the trigger of a firearm that sent a projectile into another human being and killed her, should automatically go free. Now that's offensive. No wonder we have gun problems in this country.

“I mean every time I get handed a six-gun,” or a gun that holds six cartridges, “you point it at the ground and you squeeze it six times,” Clooney said, noting “It’s just insane” not to.

Last edited:
    The only offensive langue in here is your statement about how a man who pulled the trigger of a firearm that sent a projectile into another human being and killed her, should automatically go free. Now that's offensive. No wonder we have gun problems in this country.

My opinion of this situation is not the problem. Your failure to listen to what I am actually saying or to engage and go any deeper is the problem.

Sounds like you just don't like actors, which could be clouding your opinion here. You still haven't answered my question that I have posed twice. If a stunt coordinator fails to inspect everything related to a stunt and the lead actor kills someone because of an unchecked piece of equipment, should the actor be charged with a crime?
    I'm not going to answer that kind of hypothetical nonsense. We're talking about the incident that occurred during the filming of the movie Rust. Stick to the subject at hand, please. Thank you.

My opinion of this situation is not the problem. Your failure to listen to what I am actually saying or to engage and go any deeper is the problem.
    Sure, and the next thing you'll be saying is that FOX News is right and the charge against Baldwin is politically motivated.

I'm not going to answer that kind of hypothetical nonsense. We're talking about the incident that occurred during the filming of the movie Rust. Stick to the subject at hand, please. Thank you.

Why not? It's relevant to your views on the actual incident.

Sure, and the next thing you'll be saying is that FOX News is right and the charge against Baldwin is politically motivated.

You have no idea what you're talking about. At no point in this conversation have you engaged with any opinion that differs from yours. All you do is assert that your opinion is the correct one and that no others need to be entertained.

An actor with a brain:

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” Clooney said. “Every single take.” Then, “You hand it back to the armor when you’re done.” He said. Part of it is because of what happened to Brandon. Everyone does it. Everyone knows” that is the protocol to follow. “Maybe Alec did that — hopefully he did do that. But the problem is dummies are tricky because they look like real [rounds]. They got a little tiny hole in the back [from which] somebody’s [removed] the gunpowder.”

On-set prop guns have such a realistic look and because of this, Clooney double and triple checks to make sure the prop isn’t dangerous.

Good post. If every actor did what Clooney is suggesting, accidents like this wouldn't happen. That said, it's still primarily on the directors to ensure actors follow safety protocols and armorers to ensure live ammo never makes it on the set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom