Now is not the time to talk about gun control (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

And for the record snow goose have a special rule if you will. They hunt snow geese with shotguns that hold 16 rounds. And there are so many geese coming in that people are sultill reloading and shooting.

Is there a limit on how many snow geese you can kill in a day?

I used to duck and quail hunt, and even though I may have shot four of five times sometimes, those last couple of shots were usually just in desperation.

If I had been limited to just two shots, the number of quail or ducks i killed would not have been substantially lower.

...only issue with 'hunters' is they start fires in the woods. firing off rounds that hit rocks
    that spark fires. then, they run.

humans are too stupid for guns.

You stated no one is going after hunters. I'm essentially agreeing and adding a bit of a caveat that while they're not targeted, they're impacted by what the idiots with guns are doing. The hunters I personally know favor background checks and sensible gun legislation.
    Agree. Hunters have never been the problem.

But where is the cut off for insurance etc? Just AR style firearms?
    I would say it would probably be akin to cars. Cars that are statistically more likely to be in an accident (sports cars, etc) cost more in premiums. Additionally, demographics (not based on any protected class, of course) that are more likely to be in an accident (new driver, unmarried men under the age of 25) tend to have higher rates, as well.

But all cars have to be insured.

I think weapons that are statistically more likely to be used in criminal activity or are more likely to kill or injure people (handguns, AR-style weapons) should have a much higher premium than a muzzle-loader. Additionally, males under the age of 25 should also have higher premiums.

But all guns would require some sort of premium, because any gun could be used for a crime or kill someone in an accident.

But where is the cut off for insurance etc? Just AR style firearms?
    I'm not a big fan of trying to slow down these mass killings by insuring guns. I want to see one thing. Get as many of these military weapons out of the hands of civilians as possible.

Hunters don't need weapons that hold more than a few rounds at most.

Really if you are hunting and shoot more than twice, it means you missed.
    It also means you need more training, I was listening to a show on the radio where they were bringing up this last horrific massacre and one of the radio personalities made a comment that the 50 senators holding up the HR background check proposal won’t care about this until it happens to their family and automatically I thought to what happened a few years ago that these congressmen and senators were having a softball game and they got shot. There was even a representative from Louisiana and still nothing happened, and nothing will ever happen.

It also means you need more training, I was listening to a show on the radio where they were bringing up this last horrific massacre and one of the radio personalities made a comment that the 50 senators holding up the HR background check proposal won’t care about this until it happens to their family and automatically I thought to what happened a few years ago that these congressmen and senators were having a softball game and they got shot. There was even a representative from Louisiana and still nothing happened, and nothing will ever happen.
    That's right, I forgot about that.

What'd the shooter use, an SKS?

Is there a limit on how many snow geese you can kill in a day?

I used to duck and quail hunt, and even though I may have shot four of five times sometimes, those last couple of shots were usually just in desperation.

If I had been limited to just two shots, the number of quail or ducks i killed would not have been substantially lower.
    Not that I am aware of. They are considered pests in Iowa and southern IL.

He said he was happy to hav e that debate and discussion but not today. I agree with that stance.

typical republican talking point. "lets not be too hasty guys". yeah, right.
    how many times have they said that, or similar words, after a massacre?
    like: "lets focus on healing from this first" and then it gets swept under the rug.
    I for one am tired of seeing kids murdered

I know, I get the idea to not do anything in haste, yet we’ve been here too many times, where the idea that we can’t do anything immediately after turns into we can’t do anything. I don’t trust these guys to do what’s right. In fact, I’m sure they won’t do anything if they can get away with it. He needs to shut up and listen, not chide people who want the carnage to stop.

Did you watch the video? I agree with what he said. Let’s take care of family. Decisions about change should be well thought out and not emotional. That’s how you end up with dumb laws that are not enforceable. He said he was happy to hav e that debate and discussion but not today. I agree with that stance.

A vote for that representative is a vote for more gun violence and dead children. He will not do anything to change the gun laws in this country. When Americas' attention wears off, he will be saying the same things as he said before the massacre in his home district.

It's the same rhetoric we always hear after a mass shotting from Republicans. I don't agree with him. We need to talk about this now and change laws now! Not some later, undefined time.

At this point, I'll take a dumb law that's not enforceable. I'll take an executive action from Biden that is later overturned but causes a whole bunch of havoc. I'll take anything that changes the forking status quo of not doing forking anything. I'm sick and tired of this stupidity and carnage every forking day. Like just fed up.

Last edited:
    FBED5BC8-6C3E-4E81-B2B4-B5516ABF445E.gif

Yeah, that's what always happens. And we get the same results. Look forward to seeing your post after the next massacre.
    What else would you like me to suggest? I have sold 6 AR’s after Sandy Hook. I spent anywhere from $800 to $2,000 on those rifles. I got no where close to that back in return. What have you done beyond being outraged?

What else would you like me to suggest? I have sold 6 AR’s after Sandy Hook. I spent anywhere from $800 to $2,000 on those rifles. I got no where close to that back in return. What have you done beyond being outraged?

I vote for people willing to change our gun laws, both federally and on the state level. You can do that. Not enough people do.

Last edited:
    I understand, buying 2 rifles and 300 rounds of ammunition should be OK and it would be OK if we hadn't allowed that kind of potential threat to become the reality it's become so many times. If the 2A/NRA crowd had used their heads about all this their firearms wouldn't be threatened.

I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, and I've owned an AR15, but I don't shy away from the reality we're dealing with and what should be done about it. The NRA was a good organization until it became political in the 80s.
    :LOL:

I was a member of the NRA until it became political in 1973.

this came as a surprise. him confronting them, not the republicans calling him out of line etc

"The time to stop the next shooting is now, and you are doing nothing.” O’Rourke continued to bellow as Patrick called him “out of line and an embarrassment.” Someone else then called the Democrat a “sick son of a birch”

Keeping it classy as always
    =====================
    …..Biden’s speech included several calls to action. Early in his remarks, the president said “As a nation, we have to ask: When in God’s name are we going to stand up to the gun lobby? When in God’s name will we do what we all know in our gut needs to be done?”

He went on to say “I am sick and tired of it. We have to act. And don’t tell me we can’t have an impact on this carnage.”…..

Immediately after the president concluded his remarks, Carlson attacked him as “frail” and “confused.”

That particular series of insults was a big hit at an election night event for newly-victorious Georgia Republican Senate nominee Herschel Walker.

In video footage captured by NBC News correspondent Ellison Barber, MAGA-hatted supporters can be seen watching Tucker Carlson Tonight on monitors, and laughing uproariously when Biden’s remarks conclude and Carlson intones “The President of the United States. Frail, confused, bitterly partisan…”

The cheers, hoots, and whistles from the crowd then drown out the rest of Carlson’s commentary, in which Carlson accused the president of “desecrating the memory of recently murdered children.”…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom