Next Speaker of the House? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    There’s a lot of doubt that Kevin McCarthy will be able to get enough votes to become Speaker. It certainly won’t happen on the first ballot. Already Boboert and MTG are publicly at odds over it.

Maybe this is worth it’s own thread to watch. One person mentioned is Scalise.

I think this is accurate:

I am reading that one of the things McCarthy must commit to is to shut down the government rather than raise the debt ceiling. Didn’t I read that the debt ceiling must be raised or the US government will automatically default on its bonds or something similar? Does anyone else know for sure?

After all of those meetings, all of those concessions just last night alone, McCarthy has not picked up a single vote. At some point, you'd think someone would have the sense to tell McCarthy it's time to call it quits.

Grab your 5 most loyal supporters, get concessions from Jeffries, then throw your support behind him. This thing can be done on the next vote.

Aaaaaand we have hit shirt show status!!!

We were hovering in dumpster fire until IRL Butthead (Where does Beavis hang out during session) voted for Drumpf. That is forking stupid.

Grab your 5 most loyal supporters, get concessions from Jeffries, then throw your support behind him. This thing can be done on the next vote.
    won’t happen.

As much as I would love for this to be reality, those that capitulate would be lit on fire by their own party. Possibly literally speaking.

Aaaaaand we have hit shirt show status!!!

We were hovering in dumpster fire until IRL Butthead (Where does Beavis hang out during session) voted for Drumpf. That is forking stupid.

won’t happen.

As much as I would love for this to be reality, those that capitulate would be lit on fire by their own party. Possibly literally speaking.

A show I would absolutely love to see.

I would amend what I said with a single caveat.

The only person that the Dems could support and draw concessions is Kevin McCarthy. That isn’t going to happen for a lot of reasons but it is the only scenario where there is cross aisle cooperation, and the GOP could sell it. The 20 would be ostracized to irrelevance. Again, won’t happen though

I like her a lot….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom