New to site (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

gjones

Reaction score
    What’s up peeps. First post.

1. The liberal, conservative and moderate boards seem to be locked. The liberal board allowed me in, but no info. The other 2 said oops. (I selected undecided upon registering).

2. Doesn’t seem like a lot of conversation here. I was told that this was a great place for discussion of ideas. Looks as if a couple posters are the antagonist and the rest of the posters treat them this way. Lurking the last couple months, I have seen some really good info, just not much back and forth about the actual topics. Like most websites, it dissolves into a pie throwing contest.

3. The board seems well moderated. Maybe so much so that it has stifled creativity?? Doesn’t look like humor is tolerated so much. Odd that an online community has no real cohesion. I’m used to joking back and forth with other posters about what they post or even what they had for dinner. You guys are serious!!!!!

4. I will probably not post much as I prefer to read. See you soon.

I gotcha. I’m just floating the idea that this set up as in us vs them. I thought the idea was as society to bring groups together, not separate us.

There is little action on the main board. Very little back and forth conversation. (Other than rob and Paul who wrote journals to each other).

If this is the intent, what do I care. I’m not trying to monetize the site. I just assumed that there was more to this when I signed up. As a lurker, I assumed I would be granted access to the other boards. (I mean really, who reads stickies). Though I just did. Whoa!!! This place must have been like the Wild West. I must have missed al the action.

Kind of like the saloon in tombstone with Johnny Tyler. Is this the modern day oriental?

so you basically created an account to complain about how things are here. And to complain to people who have no control how things are operated here.

so you basically created an account to complain about how things are here. And to complain to people who have no control how things are operated here.
    Chill out Francis. I know it’s Monday, but dang. I’m just commenting. Is it your job to run off new posters?

The
    I gotcha. I’m just floating the idea that this set up as in us vs them. I thought the idea was as society to bring groups together, not separate us.

There is little action on the main board. Very little back and forth conversation. (Other than rob and Paul who wrote journals to each other).

If this is the intent, what do I care. I’m not trying to monetize the site. I just assumed that there was more to this when I signed up. As a lurker, I assumed I would be granted access to the other boards. (I mean really, who reads stickies). Though I just did. Whoa!!! This place must have been like the Wild West. I must have missed al the action.

Kind of like the saloon in tombstone with Johnny Tyler. Is this the modern day oriental?
    The Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, and Undeclared boards are set up in order to keep things civil on the MCB. That's why you can only belong to one and can't see what is posted on any of the others. IDK what you are talking about with there being "very little discussion" on the MCB. There are threads that are hundreds of pages long. And some of them have very good discussion and exchanges of ideas. Others, not so much, but that's usually because of shirt getting personal or just straight up posting of garbage in an attempt to validate an unsupportable idea or opinion.

And, yes, the old PDB was the Wild, Wild, West. It was never intended to be and the majority of the people who caused it to be got banned from here pretty quickly after signing up because they couldn't follow very simple rules laid out for the MCB.

Pick a sub-board to join that fits your politics if you want to. It's not mandatory. Pretty much, if you just don't act like a dick and treat other members with respect, you'll do fine here. Take things personally and start taking shots at members and not the content of their posts, well, you probably won't.

Lots of people are only active in the evenings, while I only have time for it in between appointments when at work. I'm offline for the most part on weekends and evenings, so I catch up on days worth of posts (like today) or everything that was posted the night before on Tuesday through Friday and that's when I post.

Do you however you want to do you. The one basic rule is don't be an butt crevasse and expect it to go without repercussions.

Let's be honest here. There hasn't been very much "bringing together" of our society since at least 2015. I don't think anything Andres would change about the way this board operates would change that now. I also don't think it would change the tenor of the conversation much on the main board. Most liberals/democrats on this board (and in society) are tried/exhausted with trying to have discussions with Trumper's/Republicans on policy and good governance because there is little appetite for those discussions on the right. So many of us have stopped trying. Most Trumper's/Republicans only want to discuss pointless and meritless topics like CRT, the "Russia Hoax", Non-existent voter fraud and an election that was the most secure in history but which they want to believe was stolen. That is when they're not busy trying to rewrite the history and gaslighting the public about Jan. 6th.

Chill out Francis. I know it’s Monday, but dang. I’m just commenting. Is it your job to run off new posters?

lets see, I'm not the one that

1. made a new account to complain about how things are done here
    2. when given reasons, wasn't good enough and kept pressing the issue (towards people that have no control over this site or how it operates)
    3. also admits didn't even bother to read the posting guidelines sticky

you are starting off great so far.

Also most "new" people here get banned pretty fast because... and here is something that is going to shock you... they don't read the posting rules/guidelines stickies

lets see, I'm not the one that

1. made a new account to complain about how things are done here
    2. when given reasons, wasn't good enough and kept pressing the issue (towards people that have no control over this site or how it operates)
    3. also admits didn't even bother to read the posting guidelines sticky

you are starting off great so far.

Also most "new" people here get banned pretty fast because... and here is something that is going to shock you... they don't read the posting rules/guidelines stickies
    I like what the guy above said about not being a crevasse.

Let's be honest here. There hasn't been very much "bringing together" of our society since at least 2015. I don't think anything Andres would change about the way this board operates would change that now. I also don't think it would change the tenor of the conversation much on the main board. Most liberals/democrats on this board (and in society) are tried/exhausted with trying to have discussions with Trumper's/Republicans on policy and good governance because there is little appetite for those discussions on the right. So many of us have stopped trying. Most Trumper's/Republicans only want to discuss pointless and meritless topics like CRT, the "Russia Hoax", Non-existent voter fraud and an election that was the most secure in history but which they want to believe was stolen. That is when they're not busy trying to rewrite the history and gaslighting the public about Jan. 6th.
    I’m not sure why the focus is on trump for so many, it’s doubtful he will ever be in politics again.

Focus should be on our future. I really wish the D’S answer to trump wasn’t Biden. I wanted the country to have a positive leap, not a quantum leap back to the 70’s. Unfortunately, they didn’t pick a VP with much appeal eother. It’s a damn shame that Pence was the most electable person on the ticket.

We need to do better in the primaries. The media gave us trump, and trump gave us Biden. My fear is that the media makes more money off of the trumps of the world.

I’m not sure why the focus is on trump for so many, it’s doubtful he will ever be in politics again.

Focus should be on our future. I really wish the D’S answer to trump wasn’t Biden. I wanted the country to have a positive leap, not a quantum leap back to the 70’s. Unfortunately, they didn’t pick a VP with much appeal eother. It’s a damn shame that Pence was the most electable person on the ticket.

We need to do better in the primaries. The media gave us trump, and trump gave us Biden. My fear is that the media makes more money off of the trumps of the world.

He's running in 2024 unless he dies of a heart attack before then.

The media didn't give us Trump, disgruntled Republicans did. And they did so by engaging, motivating and radicalizing it's base. It was a 20+ year effort

He's running in 2024 unless he dies of a heart attack before then.

The media didn't give us Trump, disgruntled Republicans did. And they did so by engaging, motivating and radicalizing it's base. It was a 20+ year effort
    I don’t disagree. But he got more free publicity than anyone in history. The media thought he was just another Hollywood guy that didn’t stand a chance. Next thing you know, what you described above came to fruition.

Yes, he did get free pub. And he knows how to manipulate people, including the press. But after that, he completely mishandled a pandemic, costing tens of thousands of people their lives (if not hundreds of thousands), ran roughshod over the rule of law in general, and is now undermining our system of government, which relies on free and fair elections.

I don’t think ignoring such a person is in the best interests of this country, since he seems to have the support of a certain non-zero percentage of the population.

I think it's a little of both. He received coverage out of whack with his actual popularity. But he was also the retaliation of having the audacity to elect a black man president.

Trump's running again in 2024 as long as he think he can fake a win.

I think it's a little of both. He received coverage out of whack with his actual popularity. But he was also the retaliation of having the audacity to elect a black man president.

Trump's running again in 2024 as long as he think he can fake a win.
    He likely won't be running in 2024 if multiple state courts and the AG of NY have anything to say about it.

Ughhh, that sounds like segregation to me. So the community board is set up for disagreements? That doesn’t sound community friendly. I guess I see why there are only a handful of posters in this forum.

How do I see what posters are on the other boards?
    well, i don't know if you are a memeber of SaintsReport or not, but there used to be a Political Debate Board on there. It got out of hand and people were getting banned left and right and it bled over into the other forums. Having a board where it just turns into Mad Max isn't healthy for anyone. If you want that kind of carnage, go visit the dumpster fire called TigerDroppings.

We can hope but I’ll admit I’m losing a bit of faith on this
    I'm not. I'm willing to bet someone a Coke that the DNC/Biden's handlers have him holding off on letting anyone go directly after Trump until after the midterms so that it doesn't look like it is politically motivated. I'd have unleashed the whole power of the federal justice system on his arse already but that's why I'll never have the kind of responsibility that POTUS does. I want shirt done when I want it done and I usually want it right away. Don't forget, they got like a bazillion pages and terabytes of information from Rudy Giuliani's homes and offices ('member? - he was Trump's "cyber-chief" or some bullshirt) and you can bet your sweet bippy that Rudy wasn't smart enough to not write things down, use even basic PGP encryption for emails, or destroy any and everything incriminating before Trump snuck out of the White House on January 20th, so they're probably opening new investigations and empaneling new grand juries for the shirt they found that Rudy left sitting next to the toilet as reading material. It's been way too quiet about all of the criminal shirt that we know was in the works for there not to at least be movement coming on that, and likely a host of new stuff after whatever they got from Rudy's dumb arse.

There will be indictments for all of them. Melania will probably be the only one to remain free and she'll get all of his money while he rots in pampers in the federal pen.

It’ll be considered politically motivated no matter when they pursue it

It’ll just switch from trying to influence the midterms to trying to damage Trump for 24

Hope you’re right though

Saw something today about criminal investigation about his golf course, taxes I think

It’ll be considered politically motivated no matter when they pursue it

It’ll just switch from trying to influence the midterms to trying to damage Trump for 24

Hope you’re right though

Saw something today about criminal investigation about his golf course, taxes I think
    See the link I just posted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom