New Political Party for Former Republicans (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
    Reaction score
    After Trump and everything that Republicans have turned their backs on, the name "Republican" will forever be stained in American history. With so many former Republicans out there, what would / could they possibly call themselves? What would be their platform? Would it be a return to true conservatism where fiscal responsibilty is a practice and not a throw away line? Would it be conservatism that is against handouts in the form of government handouts to billion dollar corporations and industries? Would they support accountability for everyone including police? I'm really interested in what a new home for true conservatives would look like. While there are many Republicans that will vote for Biden and other democrats, they are doing so with an "enemy of my enemy is a friend" reasoning. What do you think it will look like? List your New Name for the party and then give what you think their platform will include.

The Tea Party managed to give themselves a brand while remaining within the overall Republican party.
    I think Eisenhower Republicans or Ikes might work to differentiate reasonable Republicans from the far-right crowd.

that's why I am a man with no island.
    Dammit. Deleting my "c'mon man" gif again because mods gonna get me.

But man you've gotta let this "I'm an independent" thing go. You're just not.

Fair enough... So used to the opposite at this point... No offense TheRealTruth... I'd like to hear a sincere discussion on the finer points as well.
    So make with the list. I'm curious too on how medicare for all is going to destroy America more than the 170,000 deaths we already have.

Dammit. Deleting my "c'mon man" gif again because mods gonna get me.

But man you've gotta let this "I'm an independent" thing go. You're just not.

And you gotta let this Miss Cleo thing go... You're just not...

You do realize that one of the huge problems in today's political arenas is this sense of absolutism, right? Where if I don't fit perfectly into your estimation of what I should be... then "I must be" that!

Get over it... I refuse to fit nicely into one of your boxes bruh.

And you gotta let this Miss Cleo thing go... You're just not...

You do realize that one of the huge problems in today's political arenas is this sense of absolutism, right? Where if I don't fit perfectly into your estimation of what I should be... then "I must be" that!

Get over it... I refuse to fit nicely into one of your boxes bruh.
    The problem is that you think you don't fit nicely into the box. But based on literally everything you post, you fit exactly into one box.

The problem is that you think you don't fit nicely into the box. But based on literally everything you post, you fit exactly into one box.

No I don't... you should read more... Like most people, you see only what you want to see...

No I don't... you should read more... Like most people, you see only what you want to see...
    You. You’re “most people.”

I have no inherent desire to call you liberal, independent, or conservative. I don’t care who you are. You’re just a South Park avatar and words on a screen.

But you clearly have a desire to label yourself as some independent free-thinker. How do I know? Because you’ve self-labeled that way in at least 3 separate posts I’ve pointed out.

Why do you go so far out of your way to tell all of us that you’re an independent when the content of all of your posts is so right-leaning?

What agenda of the radical left do you oppose? Just curious about the finer points, it's easy to say "I oppose their agenda". What exactly do you oppose?

I'd be happy to discuss finer points with you, but not on this thread. I am at work now, so I don't have time for more than this drive-by response, but suffice it say that any proposal from any political philosophy that wishes to disrupt order, destroy tradition and isn't brought about with deliberate speed would not be something I would be interested in. The Green New Deal is a good example. Several good ideas in it, but it is way too disruptive and I don't think it could be brought to fruition without an overhaul of our economy. That's a hard no from me.

Again, I don't want to get into policy discussions in this thread, but I am perfectly willing to discuss any other matter in another thread. I just wanted to give you at least an example of that agenda that I would oppose. Once Trump is defeated, we as a nation can debate what policies will be good for America and come to reasonable compromises. With Trump, there is no reason or compromise.

Why do you go so far out of your way to tell all of us that you’re an independent when the content of all of your posts is so right-leaning?

Because quite clearly "most people" here are super ready (like you) to put me into the "Trump-Box" and tar and feather me for not marching to the Left-Fife down to the letter...

And, if I do not make that point clear within every post... people such as yourself will undoubtedly look for a fight because of it. You are conditioned to.

If you can find one instance here where I have gone lock step with either insane agenda... produce it.

You won't find it... because my beliefs have nothing to do with left or right exclusively... they span both... they may seem slanted, because there are far more leftists here than rightist - and I am forced to defend my views / posts way more on the former than the latter.

You can label some of what I say as such if it helps you sleep better, or helps you proclaim me as an enemy... that won't make it anymore true.

I have said from the Start... I lean left on some issues (stop endless war mongering, common sense abortion rights, ending the senseless drug war, real prison reforms, enhanced background checks for guns, better law enforcement training, more empathy).... I lean right on others (common sense immigration laws, energy independence, smaller government, strong military, social programs used as lifeboat and not a lifestyle, more personal responsibility).... Overall less dividing and more uniting... Less focus on individual problems... More focus on solutions that benefit the majority.

I will never vote Trump for these reasons... and I will never vote for any far left agenda either... as long as I live in LA where my vote means nothing in the grand scheme of the EC... I'll keep dropping my vote to guys like Gary Johnson in protest, and pray that the rest of the country wakes up and realizes that not everything is black and white.

Last edited:
    I'd just like to add this (and this is not my personal point of view - just observations)....

To the folks that have a seething hatred for Trump... Let me tell you.... If you want to comprehend how someone who blindly supports Trump, and is willing to turn a blind eye to all his obvious ridiculousness- Can openly do so....???

Just know this (based on the Loyal Trump supporters I know personally).... They have the same seething hate for the ideology of the Far Left... as you have for Trump...

That's all there is to it... They justify it, same as you do in opposition of him.

They are willing to ignore all his garbage, no matter what it is... In order to fight against an ideology they believe will ultimately destroy America.... same as you.

They do this in the same exact way that the people I know in the Far left will literally elect / vote for anyone that is not Trump... No matter how terrible they are.

Again, this isn't my POV - as I can't understand either side of this craziness... but that's just how I see it.

So when you ask why.... just remember this... and keep it in mind... It's about the fight... not the man.
    Let me share wiith you what I have observed. The people that support trump claim they are vehemently against political corruption yet they ignore the outright corruption of trump and his entire administration. Those same people claim to be vehemently fiscally conservative yet they gleefully cheer on as the trump administration gives 2 trillion in tax cuts to the rich with no way of paying for it. Some of those people, hell I'd say a fairly large portion of those people were so focused on hating anything that Obama did that actually benefitted them that they actively worked to eliminate Obamacare because they were too focused on hating Obama that they didn't realize that the ACA and Obamacare were the same thing. They were duped by the people they vehemently support into believing Obamacare was something different.

They are willing to ignore all his garbage and they are willing to ignore all the garbage of the people they support because they don't even believe in the ideology they support. They believe that it's wrong for the government to provide a safety net for the common man in the form of welfare but dont' say a word when the government doles out billions of corporate welfare. Half of them don't even know what it is they believe in. Mostly they respond to 2nd admendment and their right to discriminate against people if their beliefs don't align with their own. They are hypocrites in every since of the word.

While "the left" is not perfect , you will not find wholesale acceptance of corruption of the left by the left. One fo the biggest difference between the left and the right is that the left is willing to eat their own in the name of accountability while the right is willing to be hypocrites in the name of maintaining power. I can point to example after example of trump supporters accepting proven and provable lies as fact simply because it came from trump. Some have gone so far as the risk and give their lives believing the lies. You dont have to take my word for what I'm saying. History bares out what I'm saying. The seething hate that you mention has nothing to do with ideology for those people you observe. That hate is based on the idea of "the other". That hate is based on lies.

So while your statements are based on your observations, I'm guessing you don't venture out much. I submit that I'm confident that I can show far more examples of the left holding the left accountable than anyone on the right can show the right holding the right accountable. It seems to me that the right only believes in holding people accountable when those people's ideology doesn't match their own.

The far left and the far right are not the same. Just remember this, the people who support trump claim to love this country and be so patriotic yet they stand by as trump takes a shirt on the constitution and goes out of his way to praise a man who would love nothing more than to see our destruction.

My disdain for trump is based on the 10's of thousands of provable lies he's told including the ones just this year that have resulted in the 170K Americans that have dies because of his lies.

I'd just like to add this (and this is not my personal point of view - just observations)....

To the folks that have a seething hatred for Trump... Let me tell you.... If you want to comprehend how someone who blindly supports Trump, and is willing to turn a blind eye to all his obvious ridiculousness- Can openly do so....???

Just know this (based on the Loyal Trump supporters I know personally).... They have the same seething hate for the ideology of the Far Left... as you have for Trump...

That's all there is to it... They justify it, same as you do in opposition of him.

They are willing to ignore all his garbage, no matter what it is... In order to fight against an ideology they believe will ultimately destroy America.... same as you.

They do this in the same exact way that the people I know in the Far left will literally elect / vote for anyone that is not Trump... No matter how terrible they are.

Again, this isn't my POV - as I can't understand either side of this craziness... but that's just how I see it.

So when you ask why.... just remember this... and keep it in mind... It's about the fight... not the man.
    I have a fundamental problem with what you just put out there. (even though I understand this is how people think).

You're trying to make the disgust towards a single man, and his specific actions and personality the same thing as a generic comment about "the left". Or I guess I should say, 'they' are.

What ideology? What specific ideas or policies are so bad that you'd tolerate a loud mouth liar to sully the office of President?

And the difference is, Biden isn't 'as terrible' as trump. He at least has empathy and understands how government can work and how it's supposed to work.

It's just such a cop out way to frame the situation. Again, I get it that you're just stating what you see, and I see it to, often, but it's just stupid.

While "the left" is not perfect , you will not find wholesale acceptance of corruption of the left by the left. One fo the biggest difference between the left and the right is that the left is willing to eat their own in the name of accountability while the right is willing to be hypocrites in the name of maintaining power. I can point to example after example of trump supporters accepting proven and provable lies as fact simply because it came from trump. Some have gone so far as the risk and give their lives believing the lies. You dont have to take my word for what I'm saying. History bares out what I'm saying. The seething hate that you mention has nothing to do with ideology for those people you observe. That hate is based on the idea of "the other". That hate is based on lies.

So while your statements are based on your observations, I'm guessing you don't venture out much.

These statements here nearly made me spit my coffee out... This idea that one evil is lesser than the other is insanity. I will NEVER be on board with accepting that as a viable solution... NEVER! I will push back against both evils... even if I have to do it alone.

Also, I'm not going to keep repeating my Bio... my statements are based on way more than a small sample observation... they are based on years of experiences, meaningful conversations, formal education, small business owning, Military travels, Big Tech Leadership, listening and learning, and a willingness to put myself in the shoes of those I have been tasked to lead.

If you guys can't at least go back and read more than one post to see where I actual stand on things, I will stop responding to you... please try not to assume who I am personally, or that I am incapable of understanding the reality of this particular election... I'd rather you just ignore my posts. I simply refuse to be part of what I consider to be the "real problem" (The archaic 2 party political system in the US that produces nothing but bad choices) anymore... and I don't care if I am the only person left to fight against that.

117968378_10222749255220641_5163993980682918828_n.jpg

Last edited:
    I have a fundamental problem with what you just put out there. (even though I understand this is how people think).

You're trying to make the disgust towards a single man, and his specific actions and personality the same thing as a generic comment about "the left". Or I guess I should say, 'they' are.

What ideology? What specific ideas or policies are so bad that you'd tolerate a loud mouth liar to sully the office of President?

And the difference is, Biden isn't 'as terrible' as trump. He at least has empathy and understands how government can work and how it's supposed to work.

It's just such a cop out way to frame the situation. Again, I get it that you're just stating what you see, and I see it to, often, but it's just stupid.

*Sigh*

Again, please read more than one post I make - It's exhausting having to repeat these posts over and over....

Quick synopsis... I will not vote for or tolerate Trump, I have already made clear which policies / ideology on the left and right I refuse to accept as a viable option, Biden is terrible - and to measure a level of "comparable terrible" is a cop out to doing what's right, I didn't make this about a single Man - the people screaming the loudest did, also, being told by 2 relic political parties (with only money, power, and influence as an ultimate goal) that my vote must go to one of them, and my choice has come down to only what they have already chosen... is just stupid.

Last edited:
    He's being sincere. He's usually giving the left-leaning posters on here a hard time.

I didn't know that asking for clarity and wanting to get at the truth was giving left-leaking posters a hard time. That's pretty telling if it does.

By the way, I am moderate. I also abhor unfettered capitalism in its current form in the United States. But you can keep spouting off your tripe if it makes you feel better.

I didn't know that asking for clarity and wanting to get at the truth was giving left-leaking posters a hard time. That's pretty telling if it does.

By the way, I am moderate. I also abhor unfettered capitalism in its current form in the United States. But you can keep spouting off your tripe if it makes you feel better.

I meant the giving a hard time thing in a good, keeping them honest kind of way, actually. I figured that's the way you'd take it. Sorry it didn't come off that way. It's good to see people sincerely challenged to explain some things.

Is the 'your tripe" thing directed at me? I'm pretty moderate man and really try not to talk shirt on here so I don't know what's wrong if that was directed at me.

Last edited:
    These statements here nearly made me spit my coffee out... This idea that one evil is lesser than the other is insanity. I will NEVER be on board with accepting that as a viable solution... NEVER! I will push back against both evils... even if I have to do it alone.

Also, I'm not going to keep repeating my Bio... my statements are based on way more than a small sample observation... they are based on years of experiences, meaningful conversations, formal education, small business owning, Military travels, Big Tech Leadership, listening and learning, and a willingness to put myself in the shoes of those I have been tasked to lead.

If you guys can't at least go back and read more than one post to see where I actual stand on things, I will stop responding to you... please try not to assume who I am personally, or that I am incapable of understanding the reality of this particular election... I'd rather you just ignore my posts. I simply refuse to be part of what I consider to be the "real problem" (The archaic 2 party political system in the US that produces nothing but bad choices) anymore... and I don't care if I am the only person left to fight against that.

117968378_10222749255220641_5163993980682918828_n.jpg
    So, you lack nuance.

Infoman, the way you see is EXACTLY your POV. Your POV on this is that based on your conversations you've had with loyal trump supporters, the left does exactly the same thing as the right. IMO, that's complete bullshirt and an easy way to avoid acknowledging a truth that everyone can see.
    to measure a level of "comparable terrible" is a cop out to doing what's right
    You have a problem with being consistent. That is why so many people question you on things you post. You can sit there on your Shetland pony and proclaim how principled you are because you have judged both sides equally wrong. That's easy enough to do and it represents a nice safe spot on the sidelines of a battle for the future of this country. But just know this....the majority of the people know the difference between what Trump and the current republican party has done and is doing and the democrats. I find your approach to this cowardly, not principled.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
    ― Dante Alighieri
    If you guys can't at least go back and read more than one post to see where I actual stand on things, I will stop responding to you... please try not to assume who I am personally, or that I am incapable of understanding the reality of this particular election...
    You've more than demonstrated that you arent capable of understanding the reality of this particular election. You don't have to respond to me but I most definitely will continue to respond to bullshirt when i see it posted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom