New Political Party for Former Republicans (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
    Reaction score
    After Trump and everything that Republicans have turned their backs on, the name "Republican" will forever be stained in American history. With so many former Republicans out there, what would / could they possibly call themselves? What would be their platform? Would it be a return to true conservatism where fiscal responsibilty is a practice and not a throw away line? Would it be conservatism that is against handouts in the form of government handouts to billion dollar corporations and industries? Would they support accountability for everyone including police? I'm really interested in what a new home for true conservatives would look like. While there are many Republicans that will vote for Biden and other democrats, they are doing so with an "enemy of my enemy is a friend" reasoning. What do you think it will look like? List your New Name for the party and then give what you think their platform will include.

You are more than welcome to refute anything I posted.
    I go high when you go low.

Besides, I don't want to pile on and attack a poster personally who is trying to have an actual dialogue about an actual thread topic. All this because he might have talked to some Trump supporters at some point in his life and had a respectful conversation, has a difference of opinion or, heaven forbid, doesn't agree on what box or label you want to assign him because it doesn't fit into your identity politics. You people love some labels.

All this because he might have talked to some Trump supporters at some point in his life and had a respectful conversation, has a difference of opinion or, heaven forbid, doesn't agree on what box or label you want to assign him because it doesn't fit into your identity politics.
    Listen Farb, I've read your posts and sometimes you come across as smarter than what you are portraying yourself in this response. So either you have no desire of being forthright or you're simply doing the best you can with what you have to work with. Either way, consistency gives people an indication of where you stand on topics. Inconsistency lends itself to questioning.

Listen Farb, I've read your posts and sometimes you come across as smarter than what you are portraying yourself in this response. So either you have no desire of being forthright or you're simply doing the best you can with what you have to work with. Either way, consistency gives people an indication of where you stand on topics. Inconsistency lends itself to questioning.
    Your welcome to attack my post, or you can continue to attack me/and others personally. It is really all the same here anyway.

"unless you agree with me, you really don't want to have a open and honest conversation." - the most consistent line used on the MCB.

I have said from the Start... I lean left on some issues (stop endless war mongering, common sense abortion rights, ending the senseless drug war, real prison reforms, enhanced background checks for guns, better law enforcement training, more empathy).... I lean right on others (common sense immigration laws, energy independence, smaller government, strong military, social programs used as lifeboat and not a lifestyle, more personal responsibility).... Overall less dividing and more uniting... Less focus on individual problems... More focus on solutions that benefit the majority.

I agree with a lot of this. I feel the same about most of these issues though I still don't get how some of the them are considered "left" and others "right". But that's a discussion for a different thread.

I understand that you feel trapped in a two-party electoral system that offers you only unsavory choices; i often feel that way too. But I cannot agree that Biden's election would be as "bad" as Trump's reelection. The disastrous federal response to COVID is just one example that illustrates the deadly consequences of not having someone in charge who understands how government works, who understands the importance of providing leadership that creates a unified, coherent response to a grave threat. Trump has thoroughly botched the job so far and, worse, has learned nothing from it.

I haven't yet read Michael Lewis' "The Fifth Risk" but I did read his terrifying piece in Vanity Fair on Trump's takeover of the Department of Energy, "Why the Scariest Nuclear Threat May Be Coming from Inside the White House.". This became a chapter in the book. The federal government keeps a lot of things running, and Trump has shown from his behavior that he neither understands, nor cares, nor cares to learn how government works or why it needs to. Nor does he appear to care that politicizing everything for personal gain is dangerous for the country, and why you need people who know what they're doing in these government jobs, not just people who are there because they're loyal.

Obama/Biden grappled with an Ebola outbreak and here's what they learned from it. Would that anyone in the Trump administration had read this. https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/24/chris-kirchhoff-ebola-coronavirus-response/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom