New Political Party for Former Republicans (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
    Reaction score
    After Trump and everything that Republicans have turned their backs on, the name "Republican" will forever be stained in American history. With so many former Republicans out there, what would / could they possibly call themselves? What would be their platform? Would it be a return to true conservatism where fiscal responsibilty is a practice and not a throw away line? Would it be conservatism that is against handouts in the form of government handouts to billion dollar corporations and industries? Would they support accountability for everyone including police? I'm really interested in what a new home for true conservatives would look like. While there are many Republicans that will vote for Biden and other democrats, they are doing so with an "enemy of my enemy is a friend" reasoning. What do you think it will look like? List your New Name for the party and then give what you think their platform will include.

Don't know what to tell you. Sorry?
    I answer the most recent reply and then work backwards. Your questions were answered i think.

Yall enjoy the thread where you all discuss among yourselves as to what us 'republicans' will change our team name too. Richard will have to speak for all of us becasue if we do, we are either stupid, blind or morally corrupt.

No my questions werent answered - working backwards never addressed my questions that i laid out just above.

So you are taking your ball and going home?

You got it.
    Enjoy your echo chamber. I am sure it will be very insightful with the wide range of views.
    Maybe hang a sign on the treehouse:
    No trolls allowed!

You got it.
    Enjoy your echo chamber. I am sure it will be very insightful with the wide range of views.
    Maybe hang a sign on the treehouse:
    No trolls allowed!

LOLOLOL.

see ya round when you are finished sulking. good lawd...

@Farb
    I, too, am interested in having career politicians removed for graft and corruption, on both sides. (FWIW, I think that the Clintons were as corrupt as they come, and I voted for them all three times because the alternatives were worse.)

To that end, how do you feel about campaign finance reform? I have always believed that you cannot change human nature in politicians but you can change the environment in which politicians operate. Publicly funded elections would remove the need for incessant fund raising, which takes up an obscene amount of a politician's time, allowing them to focus on the job rather than on staying in the job, and free them from being beholden to lobbyists.

I actually think the normal Americans are getting to a tipping point where the conservatives want a change too. They want elected officials to actually do their job and just not pander to their voters and get rich behind the scene. That will begin with a Trump second term.
    First, why didn't this begin with Trump's first term?

Second, what about Trump's first term makes you think such a process will begin with a Trump second term?

I'd just like to add this (and this is not my personal point of view - just observations)....

To the folks that have a seething hatred for Trump... Let me tell you.... If you want to comprehend how someone who blindly supports Trump, and is willing to turn a blind eye to all his obvious ridiculousness- Can openly do so....???

Just know this (based on the Loyal Trump supporters I know personally).... They have the same seething hate for the ideology of the Far Left... as you have for Trump...

That's all there is to it... They justify it, same as you do in opposition of him.

They are willing to ignore all his garbage, no matter what it is... In order to fight against an ideology they believe will ultimately destroy America.... same as you.

They do this in the same exact way that the people I know in the Far left will literally elect / vote for anyone that is not Trump... No matter how terrible they are.

Again, this isn't my POV - as I can't understand either side of this craziness... but that's just how I see it.

So when you ask why.... just remember this... and keep it in mind... It's about the fight... not the man.

Last edited:
    I'd just like to add this (and this is not my personal point of view)....

To the folks that have a seething hatred for Trump... Let me tell you.... If you want to comprehend how someone who blindly supports Trump, and is willing to turn a blind eye to all his obvious ridiculousness- Can openly do so....???

Just know this (based on the Loyal Trump supporters I know personally).... They have the same seething hate for the ideology of the Far Left... as you have for Trump...

That's all there is to it... They justify it, same as you do in opposition of him.

They are willing to ignore all his garbage, no matter what it is... In order to fight against an ideology they believe will ultimately destroy America.... same as you.

They do this in the same exact way that the people I know in the Far left will literally elect / vote for anyone that is not Trump... No matter how terrible they are.

Again, this isn't my POV - as I can't understand either side of this craziness... but that's just how I see it.

So when you ask why.... just remember this... and keep it in mind... It's about the fight... not the man.

Then how do you explain true conservatives and lifelong Republicans who also oppose Trump? These are people with no love for the agenda of the extreme left or for their party, but would sooner vote to elect a Democrat than see Trumpism gain more of a foothold in American society. This IS about the man, not the fight.

Then how do you explain true conservatives and lifelong Republicans who also oppose Trump? These are people with no love for the agenda of the extreme left or for their party, but would sooner vote to elect a Democrat than see Trumpism gain more of a foothold in American society. This IS about the man, not the fight.

I wasn't talking about Conservatives (or conservative values)... I was talking about people who support Trump and ignore his obvious faults... and why they do that.... Many have what would be considered conservative values (but have been pushed to the extreme - in belief that they must fight the far left at all costs)....

It's no different than people who hate Trump, and are willing to ignore the obvious faults of their choice just to get rid of him (in the belief that they must fight the right at all costs)... I would not consider the Democrat party to be what it used to be either.

Both sides see this as a battle that they must win to destroy the other side... both are willing to do or say anything to win that battle... neither care what is said or done to accomplish it.... both are willing to ignore obvious insanity (and sell their political soul) to win and bury the opposition.

It's about the fight.... you could replace Trump with any public figure that was saying what they want to hear (the man himself means very little).... the result would be the same. They want the message / fight / battle... Trump gives them that.

Traditional Conservatives and Traditional Liberals who are willing to meet in the middle to actually work the issues and find common ground are now openly ridiculed and ostracized by both parties - because we are looking for solutions, not pointing out problems, and not evoking battles... That's not what either side on the far ends want anymore. Absolutism is what they want.... comprise is now the equivalent of failure. So they act as if the middle or traditional values do not exist, or are weakness, or are a sign that they are the opposition.

Last edited:
    I also oppose the agenda of the radical left. I am concerned about the influence that that wing of their party will have in a Biden administration. But when someone has a cancer, you have to excise the cancer before the body can heal itself. In my view, America must rid itself of Trump and his toxic administration before the nation has an opportunity to heal. The Republican Party has to rid itself of Trump's populism before conservatives can reasonably have a platform with which to fight the left's agenda. You can't fight a radical left agenda with populism; it requires an intelligent course rooted in principles.

I also oppose the agenda of the radical left. I am concerned about the influence that that wing of their party will have in a Biden administration. But when someone has a cancer, you have to excise the cancer before the body can heal itself. In my view, America must rid itself of Trump and his toxic administration before the nation has an opportunity to heal. The Republican Party has to rid itself of Trump's populism before conservatives can reasonably have a platform with which to fight the left's agenda. You can't fight a radical left agenda with populism; it requires an intelligent course rooted in principles.

As so I... but people on both sides are no longer willing to see that... They see it as "all or nothing".... people are now willing to compromise their beliefs and values... just to win... or in their minds, elect the lesser of the 2 evils...

IMO... there is no such thing... but that's why I am a man with no island.

I'd just like to add this (and this is not my personal point of view)....

It's called political hobby-ism, and that's the problem.

It's like rooting for the Saints and hating the Falcons.

When the point of politics is to come together to get things done. A political hobbyist doesn't allow for compromise, which is why we have our issues.

I wasn't talking about Conservatives (or conservative values)... I was talking about people who support Trump and ignore his obvious faults... and why they do that.... Many have what would be considered conservative values (but have been pushed to the extreme - in belief that they must fight the far left at all costs)....

It's no different than people who hate Trump, and are willing to ignore the obvious faults of their choice just to get rid of him (in the belief that they must fight the right at all costs)... As would not consider the Democrat party to be what it used to be either.

Both sides see this as a battle that they must win to destroy the other side... both are willing to do or say anything to win that battle... neither care what is said or done to accomplish it.... both are willing to ignore obvious insanity to win and bury the opposition.

It's about the fight.... you could replace Trump with any public figure that was saying what the want to hear.... the result would be the same. They want the fight / battle... Trump gives them that.

Traditional Conservatives and Traditional Liberals who are willing to meet in the middle to actually work the issues and find common ground are now openly ridiculed and ostracized by both parties - because we are looking for solutions, and not battles... It's not what either side on the far ends want anymore. So they act as if they don't exist, are weak, or are on the other team.
    Pretty much all true I'd say, and it's why these discussions can never really be fruitful.. with very, very few exceptions, it's just team sports and there ain't no one on the right who's listening receptively to the arguments from the left about how bad the right (or Trump) is. And vice versa.

For me personally it's just more about Trump personally than the right or left dynamic as I would gladly take Pence over Trump if I knew that was the only sure way to get rid of Trump.

Edit: I should say that I gladly take someone like Pence over Trump.. wouldn't be thrilled with Pence because of the dedication he's shown to Trump (which is to be expected in the position he's in, but still).

Pretty much all true I'd say, and it's why these discussions can never really be fruitful.. with very, very few exceptions, it's just team sports and there ain't no one on the right who's listening receptively to the arguments from the left about how bad the right (or Trump) is. And vice versa.

For me personally it's just more about Trump personally than the right or left dynamic as I would gladly take Pence over Trump if I knew that was the only sure way to get rid of Trump.

Edit: I should say that I gladly take someone like Pence over Trump.. wouldn't be thrilled with Pence because of the dedication he's shown to Trump (which is to be expected in the position he's in, but still).

I have family members who have deeply held beliefs that are diametrically opposed to mine. We don't argue, call each other names or think the other is the devil. We discuss. We try to reason and determine if we can find common ground. We rarely change each other's mind, but we can respectfully lay out our positions without vitriol. I wait to leave the room before calling them commies. :ezbill:

I have family members who have deeply held beliefs that are diametrically opposed to mine. We don't argue, call each other names or think the other is the devil. We discuss. We try to reason and determine if we can find common ground. We rarely change each other's mind, but we can respectfully lay out our positions without vitriol. I wait to leave the room before calling them commies. :ezbill:

It's about the same with me and my Trump supporting dad... Though this past year or so I think both of us have recognized that it still isn't doing us much good to discuss even if we're mostly civil. It used to be a little more fun a few years ago and isn't much fun anymore.

What agenda of the radical left do you oppose? Just curious about the finer points, it's easy to say "I oppose their agenda". What exactly do you oppose?

What agenda of the radical left do you oppose? Just curious about the finer points, it's easy to say "I oppose their agenda". What exactly do you oppose?

Is that a question "really" being asked in earnest? Because for anyone that knows what the current "Far Left agenda" is (and I am almost sure everyone here does)... and It's fairly obvious and well documented what that agenda is at this point... It's also pretty evident why anyone that has beliefs rooted in even the most moderate "traditional conservative" agenda.... would be opposed to most (if not all) of the Far Left agenda of today.

Are you really interested in examples? Are are you looking for a list to pick apart and discredit case by case based on how you disagree? Because that's typically where this line of questioning leads to.

Is that a question "really" being asked in earnest? Because for anyone that knows what the current "Far Left agenda" is (and I am almost sure everyone here does)... and It's fairly obvious and well documented what that is at this point... It's also pretty evident why anyone that has beliefs rooted in even the most moderate "traditional conservative" agenda.... would be opposed to most (if not all) of the Far Left agenda of today.

Are you really interested in examples? Are are you looking for a list to pick apart and discredit case by case based on how you disagree? Because that's typically where this line of questioning leads to.
    He's being sincere. He's usually giving the left-leaning posters on here a hard time.

He's being sincere. He's usually giving the left-leaning posters on here a hard time.

Fair enough... So used to the opposite at this point... No offense TheRealTruth... I'd like to hear a sincere discussion on the finer points as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom