Miscellaneous Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

She's a professor of history at NYU. She said something you didn't like. That is not lying.

Yes she definitely was lying. Do you think her being a professor somehow negates her lying?

He wasn't saying there won't be any more elections. He was saying that he will have everything going so well after he's elected that he won't need their vote as much as he does now.

Yes she definitely was lying. Do you think her being a professor somehow negates her lying?

He wasn't saying there won't be any more elections. He was saying that he will have everything going so well after he's elected that he won't need their vote as much as he does now.
    Just because someone says something you don't agree with, doesn't mean they're lying.

Are you going to claim that Trump was saying there won't be another election?
    Nope. It's just your reasoning is seriously detracting from the message (I think) you're trying to convey. The outlandishness will cause people to dismiss the rest of your statements. In other words, you're not doing yourself (or your position) any favors with the non-stop line of accusations. With the amount of time and effort you put in here, don't you want people to read and think about your posts?

Based on that tweet Trump is begging Christians, who don't normally vote, to go vote for him, because According to that tweet, Trump knows he's not in great shape in the election and needs Christians who don't normally vote to go vote for him so he doesn't lose. For this election, this is not true for Trump "...the GOP candidate won't need their vote because they'll be in such great shape they can win without it."

Trump seems afraid that he's going to lose this election and I think he will unless he or his foreign adversary buddies can pull something out of their arses.

Nope. It's just your reasoning is seriously detracting from the message (I think) you're trying to convey. The outlandishness will cause people to dismiss the rest of your statements. In other words, you're not doing yourself (or your position) any favors with the non-stop line of accusations. With the amount of time and effort you put in here, don't you want people to read and think about your posts?
    So if you aren't claiming Trump didn't say there won't be anything election, why are you defending the professor and trying to deflect when she was clearly lying.

She said:

Media: this should be *the* A1 story. I have studied dictatorship for decades and this is it-"you won't have to vote anymore." Trump will never leave office if he wins in November.

You said:

Just because someone says something you don't agree with, doesn't mean they're lying.

So if Trump didn't say there won't be another election, how is she not lying?

Why are you deflecting & saying I'm detracting from my message and I'm outlandishness for calling out an obvious lie?

So if you aren't claiming Trump didn't say there won't be anything election, why are you defending the professor and trying to deflect when she was clearly lying.

She said:

Media: this should be *the* A1 story. I have studied dictatorship for decades and this is it-"you won't have to vote anymore." Trump will never leave office if he wins in November.

You said:

So if Trump didn't say there won't be another election, how is she not lying?

Why are you deflecting & saying I'm detracting from my message and I'm outlandishness for calling out an obvious lie?
    A lot of words that could have been saved if you had just clicked the link to her website. No need to get so defensive.

History is her thing. She writes articles, books, does interviews, etc, about Authoritarianism. She's been doing this since before Trump. Her very limited tweet may not have spelled out everything you wanted to know, but her research is laid out for all to see. (She's not an unknown bot.) Feel free to read and learn, if you choose.

This lady is a loon and it's surprising that anyone takes her seriously. She knows she's lying, but she's not even good at it

Instead of mocking, I'm going to take the high road and explain. You're free to pretend not to understand, but here it is: He's saying he's only going to ask Christians to vote this one time because when he's done in 4 years everything will be going so well they won't need to vote, i.e. the GOP candidate won't need their vote because they'll be in such great shape they can win without it.

Dispute the sentiment on its merits all you like. Just don't distort the obvious meaning to fuel your imaginary grievance. Your decades of devotion to the study of dictatorship have not served you well, I'm afraid.

Not everyone can be a paragon of virtue like Glenn Greenwald

This lady is a loon and it's surprising that anyone takes her seriously. She knows she's lying, but she's not even good at it

Instead of mocking, I'm going to take the high road and explain. You're free to pretend not to understand, but here it is: He's saying he's only going to ask Christians to vote this one time because when he's done in 4 years everything will be going so well they won't need to vote, i.e. the GOP candidate won't need their vote because they'll be in such great shape they can win without it.

Dispute the sentiment on its merits all you like. Just don't distort the obvious meaning to fuel your imaginary grievance. Your decades of devotion to the study of dictatorship have not served you well, I'm afraid.

I don't know who Jason Beale is, but this is another example of your desperate need for basic logical thinking skills.

1. Conservative Christians/Catholics and white evangelical Protestants are the GOP's most reliable voting bloc.

2. Trump says Christians won't need to vote in 4 years.

If the party's most reliable voting bloc does not need to vote, what prevents a Democrat from winning in 2028 and undoing everything? How can Trump guarantee that everything will remain in such great shape (by his estimation) if the GOP voting base is suppressed because they stay at home (per Trump's claim that they will not need to vote next time)?

I find this argument about what Trump was trying to say unconvincing to be generous. Trump has always couched his authoritarian impulses in vaguely simplistic babble. He never said anything to indicate he was talking to people who don’t normally vote.

How many devout Christians are there who don’t normally vote? Evangelicals and other devoutly religious Christians vote in higher percentages already. The number of people who are devout Christians who don’t already vote is small relative to other demographics.

In short, Trump generally has such a sloppy way of speaking that he has plausible deniability. He does this crap all the time. He has lost the benefit of the doubt after Jan 6, IMO.

Yeah, this excuse makes no sense. You will notice Trump isn’t coming out and clearing it up. It’s always his sycophants who make excuses for him.

Here’s another statement he makes from time to time at his rallies: Don’t worry about voting, we have all the votes we need.

What’s the spin on that piece of crap statement?

For what it’s worth, the 22nd amendment doesn’t actually say a president can’t serve more than two terms, only that no one shall be elected more than twice, and I’m gonna guess that he’s aware of that.

yeah that makes sense. I’m with ya. It’s a shame he didn’t decide to get things going so well the first time though.

So he is in MN tonight. A state he will definitely not win. And he starts with the authoritarian BS again: if I don’t win it’s because they cheated. Only an authoritatrian would say this crap. And it seems like he is targeting the press again - he points out front of the podium and says “You understand that, you crooked people”.

So he is in MN tonight. A state he will definitely not win. And he starts with the authoritarian BS again: if I don’t win it’s because they cheated. Only an authoritatrian would say this crap. And it seems like he is targeting the press again - he points out front of the podium and says “You understand that, you crooked people”.

He's really worried about losing now given how much he's focusing on this. With Biden he was more just focusing on mocking Biden's age/health. The polls must be getting to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom