Miscellaneous Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

Can you imagine the media coverage if Joe Biden had said:

Also: “We just had Super Tuesday, and we had a Tuesday after a Tuesday already.”

And, most peculiar of all: “You can’t have an election in the middle of a political season.”
    Comment from above article

=====================

So let's sum it up.

Three kinds of people vote for Trump.

First, we have the stupid and the low-class, who, as one commenter pointed out, are just looking for someone to blame for their stupidity and low-classness.

Trump, like Hitler, is giving them a few choices. Lumped into this class are those who already ascribe to "magical thinking"- the adherents of the various religions- whose leaders have told them that Trumpiness is next to Godliness.

Second, we have the very wealthy, who vote Republican in spite of Trump, because they know their wealth will only increase via tax cuts and/or low cost labor and/or reduced regulatory oversight. They could care less which Republican is elected.

Third, we have those people who have little or no control in their own lives and who will fall all over themselves to have some control over other people. Anti-abortion is not about babies or children; it never has been. It is about control. The same is true for other Republican positions

There are, apparently, some 70 million of us who fall into one or more of these groups, and they would like nothing more that to drag the rest of us down to their level and into their delusions. Once we are all there, the delusions won't be delusions anymore; they'll be normal.

It's getting to the point where, when I am introduced to someone in just about any setting, my first question is: "Democrat, Republican, or Trump?"

If the answer is the third one, I move on. If it's Republican, I may see if a discussion of issues is possible. If it's Democrat, I start with "Well, I guess we agree on just about everything; how's the wife and kids? Been anyplace interesting lately?"

Last edited:
    If Donald Trump returns to the White House, close allies want to dramatically change the government's interpretation of Civil Rights-era laws to focus on "anti-white racism" rather than discrimination against people of color.

Why it matters: Trump's Justice Department would push to eliminate or upend programs in government and corporate America that are designed to counter racism that has favored whites.

Targets would range from decades-old policies aimed at giving minorities economic opportunities, to more recent programs that began in response to the pandemic and the killing of George Floyd.

• Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung told Axios: "As President Trump has said, all staff, offices, and initiatives connected to Biden's un-American policy will be immediately terminated."
    Driving the news: Longtime aides and allies preparing for a potential second Trump administration have been laying legal groundwork with a flurry of lawsuits and legal complaints — some of which have been successful.

• A central vehicle for the effort has been America First Legal, founded by former Trump aide Stephen Miller, who has called the group conservatives' "long-awaited answer to the ACLU."……

Such groups have gained momentum with the Supreme Court's turn to the right — most notably its recent rejection of affirmative action in college admissions. The court ruled that programs designed to benefit people of color and address past injustices discriminate against white and Asian Americans.

• Earlier this month, another federal judge ruled that the Commerce Department's Minority Business Development Agency was discriminating against white people and that the program had to be open to everyone……

If Donald Trump returns to the White House, close allies want to dramatically change the government's interpretation of Civil Rights-era laws to focus on "anti-white racism" rather than discrimination against people of color.

Why it matters: Trump's Justice Department would push to eliminate or upend programs in government and corporate America that are designed to counter racism that has favored whites.

Targets would range from decades-old policies aimed at giving minorities economic opportunities, to more recent programs that began in response to the pandemic and the killing of George Floyd.

• Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung told Axios: "As President Trump has said, all staff, offices, and initiatives connected to Biden's un-American policy will be immediately terminated."
    Driving the news: Longtime aides and allies preparing for a potential second Trump administration have been laying legal groundwork with a flurry of lawsuits and legal complaints — some of which have been successful.

• A central vehicle for the effort has been America First Legal, founded by former Trump aide Stephen Miller, who has called the group conservatives' "long-awaited answer to the ACLU."……

Such groups have gained momentum with the Supreme Court's turn to the right — most notably its recent rejection of affirmative action in college admissions. The court ruled that programs designed to benefit people of color and address past injustices discriminate against white and Asian Americans.

• In 2021, a federal judge blocked a $4 billion program to help Black farmers.
    • Earlier this month, another federal judge ruled that the Commerce Department's Minority Business Development Agency was discriminating against white people and that the program had to be open to everyone……
    None of this, not one bit of it is surprising.

interesting read
    ================

The company behind Donald Trump's alt-right social media platform, Truth Social, made its stock market debut last week.

Its parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group, merged with Digital World Acquisition Corp. and began trading under the ticker DJT on Tuesday. The company's market valuation hit as much as $13 billion on one measure, with small investors powering the surge.

The deal has made Trump a whole lot richer, but several experts warned the company is hugely overvalued.

I decided to take a day-long visit its core platform, Truth Social, to see what goes on.

I signed up without a problem and was welcomed as a "Truthsayer."

After opening the app, I was greeted with the platform's "Trending Topics" of the day — "#Truth," "#NBC," "#MAGA," and "#Trump2024." Before even opening my main feed, I had an idea of what I might be in for.

The layout of Truth Social is pretty standard; the main feed follows a similar structure to Elon Musk's X, formerly Twitter. My feeds were split into three tabs: "following," "for you," and "groups."

My "for you" page was dominated by right-wing influencers, including Libs of TikTok and Trump himself. It was also littered with posts, memes, and videos supporting the former president.

Like most platforms, Truth Social was populated by the big stories of the week, including the collapse of the Baltimore Bridge. However, some "Truthsayers" had a more unique take on the mass causality event.

"Is there a better encapsulation of Biden's America," one Truther mused in a post that shared a video of a ship colliding with the bridge.

Another key feature of my "for you" feed was fierce hatred of President Joe Biden.

I clocked at least 10 anti-Biden posts in my first few minutes scrolling the app.

"Today is March 28th, and Joe Biden is the WORST president in US history," one user posted, seemingly without much context.

"Biden, certified imbecile," another read, sharing a link to the conservative news and politics site RedState.

Most of the content on Truth Social is highly political, and my feed was littered with fellow "Truthsayers" spouting conspiracy theories. Almost all the news articles shared by users were from conservative outlets such as the Washington Examiner.

News events, such as the collapse of the Baltimore Bridge, were often used as springboards for political commentary. One user linked the bridge — along with recent aviation issues — to the debate around the problems supposed caused by diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policies...........

Former president Trump’s social media company made just over $4 million in revenue last year, despite a highflying stock market debut last week that sent the company’s value soaring to more than $8 billion.

Trump Media & Technology Group said in a new Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday that the company lost more than $58 million last year. Its revenue in the last quarter of the year dipped below $1 million, down from its previous quarter’s earnings of about $1.07 million.

The share price of the company — which uses the stock ticker DJT, for Trump’s initials — plunged 15 percent Monday morning. The drop shaved hundreds of millions of dollars off the company’s market value.

The new financial figures throw into stark relief the gap between Trump Media’s highly hyped investor-driven valuation on the public stock market and the reality of its business performance.

Reddit, the discussion-board service that recently went public and whose shares are trading at lower prices than Trump Media, made more than $800 million in revenue last year.............

interesting read
    ================

The company behind Donald Trump's alt-right social media platform, Truth Social, made its stock market debut last week.

Its parent company, Trump Media & Technology Group, merged with Digital World Acquisition Corp. and began trading under the ticker DJT on Tuesday. The company's market valuation hit as much as $13 billion on one measure, with small investors powering the surge.

The deal has made Trump a whole lot richer, but several experts warned the company is hugely overvalued.

I decided to take a day-long visit its core platform, Truth Social, to see what goes on.

I signed up without a problem and was welcomed as a "Truthsayer."

After opening the app, I was greeted with the platform's "Trending Topics" of the day — "#Truth," "#NBC," "#MAGA," and "#Trump2024." Before even opening my main feed, I had an idea of what I might be in for.

The layout of Truth Social is pretty standard; the main feed follows a similar structure to Elon Musk's X, formerly Twitter. My feeds were split into three tabs: "following," "for you," and "groups."

My "for you" page was dominated by right-wing influencers, including Libs of TikTok and Trump himself. It was also littered with posts, memes, and videos supporting the former president.

Like most platforms, Truth Social was populated by the big stories of the week, including the collapse of the Baltimore Bridge. However, some "Truthsayers" had a more unique take on the mass causality event.

"Is there a better encapsulation of Biden's America," one Truther mused in a post that shared a video of a ship colliding with the bridge.

Another key feature of my "for you" feed was fierce hatred of President Joe Biden.

I clocked at least 10 anti-Biden posts in my first few minutes scrolling the app.

"Today is March 28th, and Joe Biden is the WORST president in US history," one user posted, seemingly without much context.

"Biden, certified imbecile," another read, sharing a link to the conservative news and politics site RedState.

Most of the content on Truth Social is highly political, and my feed was littered with fellow "Truthsayers" spouting conspiracy theories. Almost all the news articles shared by users were from conservative outlets such as the Washington Examiner.

News events, such as the collapse of the Baltimore Bridge, were often used as springboards for political commentary. One user linked the bridge — along with recent aviation issues — to the debate around the problems supposed caused by diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policies...........

Former president Trump’s social media company made just over $4 million in revenue last year, despite a highflying stock market debut last week that sent the company’s value soaring to more than $8 billion.

Trump Media & Technology Group said in a new Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday that the company lost more than $58 million last year. Its revenue in the last quarter of the year dipped below $1 million, down from its previous quarter’s earnings of about $1.07 million.

The share price of the company — which uses the stock ticker DJT, for Trump’s initials — plunged 15 percent Monday morning. The drop shaved hundreds of millions of dollars off the company’s market value.

The new financial figures throw into stark relief the gap between Trump Media’s highly hyped investor-driven valuation on the public stock market and the reality of its business performance.

Reddit, the discussion-board service that recently went public and whose shares are trading at lower prices than Trump Media, made more than $800 million in revenue last year.............

So you're saying it shouldn't be in my portfolio? :biglol:

If there is one group that is easily susceptible to the pump and dump, it's MAGA. I give the company two years before it's delisted.

You can still short the heck out of it.

So long as Cheato doesn't get any of it. But he will, somehow.
    I see foreign governments buying it to launder money to his campaign. It really sucks. I wonder if any of those Twitter accounts that like to criticize every stock trade any MOC does will even notice this grift being done out in the open?

And...in a move that should shock no one...Trump has his lawyers drafting plan to use the DOJ to go after Letitia James and Alvin Bragg if he should win the election.

One such proposal, two sources say, would involve accusing James of attempting to illegally interfere in the 2024 presidential race — an argument that would certainly be rich coming from Trump, who has been indicted at the federal and state levels over his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

And...in a move that should shock no one...Trump has his lawyers drafting plan to use the DOJ to go after Letitia James and Alvin Bragg if he should win the election.

and this is the guy screaming about Biden using the DOJ as a weapon? amazing really how does what he says others do.

You can still short the heck out of it.

So long as Cheato doesn't get any of it. But he will, somehow.
    Does this mean nobody can short it yet? Further comment said there was a 30-day delay. 🤷‍♀️ I’m not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom