Media Tracker (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

Guess this can go here
==================

NEW YORK (AP) — CNN is shutting down its CNN+ streaming service less than a month after its launch, a spectacular flameout for a venture that had attracted stars like Chris Wallace and Alison Roman and was seen as a way to attract a new generation of news consumers.

It had started March 29, shortly before CNN was taken over by new corporate parents. The new leaders of Warner Bros. Discovery quickly let it be known they considered CNN+ an ill-conceived idea……..

Guess this can go here
==================

NEW YORK (AP) — CNN is shutting down its CNN+ streaming service less than a month after its launch, a spectacular flameout for a venture that had attracted stars like Chris Wallace and Alison Roman and was seen as a way to attract a new generation of news consumers.

It had started March 29, shortly before CNN was taken over by new corporate parents. The new leaders of Warner Bros. Discovery quickly let it be known they considered CNN+ an ill-conceived idea……..

It sounds like the problem began when someone at CNN thought that Chris Wallace and Alison Roman are the kind of stars with the kind of drawing power that can launch a new network thingy.

They should have hired Bill Murray.

No comments on this? How uncomfortable does it make you guys? Or maybe you think this is fine? I’m genuinely curious.
Not uncomfortable at all. But was really wondering how on earth Tucker seems to think of himself this way.

I mean, at least he's not wearing a bow tie...lol. But, he probably hasn't exercised in 15 years.

1650594061031.png

So Mike McCarthy basically said the NYT report was lying. Then there turned out to be an audio recording of him stating what he denied. I doubt it will matter in the end.

He isn’t going to be Speaker anyway, what I mean is he wasn’t either way, but this just seals it. I just hope to hell we don’t end up with Speaker Jordan or Greene. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

It sounds like the problem began when someone at CNN thought that Chris Wallace and Alison Roman are the kind of stars with the kind of drawing power that can launch a new network thingy.

They should have hired Bill Murray.

Read Wallace might be giving Cuomo's 9pm slot

Guess this can go here
==================

cartoon 1.jpg

Like I've said before, the people who are supposed to stop or protect us against disinformation are some of the biggest purveyors of....disinformation.

You are just ridiculous - there is a whole lot of information being peddled as part of this stupid laptop that didn’t actually come from the laptop. We know that for a fact. So where did this fake stuff (or, wait for it - disinformation) come from? Well, Rudy and Steve Bannon had their grubby little fingers on it. Guess who Rudy was playing footsie with before the election? Russian intelligence.

Why do you insist on overlooking these facts? What would work to make you use your brain about this stupid item that Trump’s DOJ had for months, and did nothing about?

Like I've said before, the people who are supposed to stop or protect us against disinformation are some of the biggest purveyors of....disinformation.

That is the dumbest take.

Seriously.

In that tweet, and the ones around it, she's literally just describing things that were said during the October 23rd debate. That's it. She also tweeted things like 'Trump: "I was put through a phony witch hunt," Trump says, casting further doubt on Russian interference', because, again, that's a thing that Trump said during that debate. That does not make her a Trump supporter either.

Taking that to suggest someone is 'purveying disinformation' is so weak as to undermine any real argument that might otherwise be had, since to take something so obviously - and again, I cannot stress how glaringly obvious it is - invalid and hold it up as evidence for an argument implies there is no real evidence otherwise. Because if there was, why would anyone take such a completely idiotic approach devoid of comprehension and thought, that not only fails to make any argument whatsoever to anyone capable of comprehension, but undermines any credibility they might have otherwise had through their having put such a shambolic take out into the world.

Absolutely embarassing.

Amazing speech. His whole night at the whcd was superb, but this part was special. Especially, "this administration doesn't do well w/ evac".

Born with a spoon in his mouth says "they" are out to get us.

As gross as it is to listen to him, everyone should take a look at the NYT piece. I knew he was horrible, but he was even worse than I thought.

Salient quote from first installment:

“Accuracy isn’t the point on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” On the air, Mr. Carlson piles up narrative-confirming falsehoods and misleading statements so rapidly — about George Floyd’s death, white supremacists who took part in the Jan. 6 riot, falling testosterone levels in men, Covid vaccines, the Texas power gridand more — that The Washington Post’s media critic, Erik Wemple, has made a sideline of cataloging them. Though Mr. Carlson claims his show to be “the sworn enemy of lying,” Fox’s lawyers acknowledged in 2020, in a lawsuit accusing the host of slander, that “spirited debate on talk-show programs does not lend itself well to statements of actual fact.””

That is the dumbest take.

Seriously.

In that tweet, and the ones around it, she's literally just describing things that were said during the October 23rd debate. That's it. She also tweeted things like 'Trump: "I was put through a phony witch hunt," Trump says, casting further doubt on Russian interference', because, again, that's a thing that Trump said during that debate. That does not make her a Trump supporter either.

Taking that to suggest someone is 'purveying disinformation' is so weak as to undermine any real argument that might otherwise be had, since to take something so obviously - and again, I cannot stress how glaringly obvious it is - invalid and hold it up as evidence for an argument implies there is no real evidence otherwise. Because if there was, why would anyone take such a completely idiotic approach devoid of comprehension and thought, that not only fails to make any argument whatsoever to anyone capable of comprehension, but undermines any credibility they might have otherwise had through their having put such a shambolic take out into the world.

Absolutely embarassing.
Speaking of embarrassing...

More from her on the Hunter Biden laptop story since she was simply repeating what Dementia Joe said:
20220501_164648.jpg

20220501_164710.jpg

The report that she's referring to didn't mention the Hunter Biden laptop at all.

She thinks very highly of known liar Christopher Steele:

Speaking of embarrassing...

More from her on the Hunter Biden laptop story since she was simply repeating what Dementia Joe said:
20220501_164648.jpg

20220501_164710.jpg

The report that she's referring to didn't mention the Hunter Biden laptop at all.

She thinks very highly of known liar Christopher Steele:

That should be in the media literacy thread.

As a case study in gish-galloping illiteracy.

No kidding, it’s beyond embarrassing (or should be). Good grief!

it should be pointed out that attacks on the free press are typically part of any authoritarian plan to take over a free country. You will notice that falsehoods promoted by any part of the press that supports the authoritarians are never attacked, in fact they are boosted and given credibility in spite of their falsehoods. (see NY Post, which has been embarrassingly defended by both the far right and the far left recently). At the same time, any people or media who do not support what the putative authoritarians are selling is constantly undermined, demeaned and attacked.

It’s so transparent, it’s quite easy to see what is going on here. Well, for most people anyway. Some people see what Putin, Orban and others have done, and they want that here. Foreign nations see a chance to damage the US, and they would like nothing better.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom