Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

You can always count on Hannity to obfuscate. He treats the shirtpost as a legitimate breaking story, never mentions the guy’s profile where he calls himself a shirt poster, and basically just blows it up. Tool.

I think it's funny that the branch of the service (MY branch) that has bombers that can reach anywhere in the world and controls all of our long range missiles is considered "very weak."
    Agreed! I seem to recall Operations Deny Flight & Allied Force ended hostilities in Kosovo without US "boots on the ground". Even without our 5th Gen fighters, we still have the largest and most lethal air force on the planet.

I'm not sure if it's feasible to mass deport illegal immigrants, but I'm not surprised most Americans support it.

I don’t have a good place to put this so it goes here.

How does AI suck so badly?

I don’t have a good place to put this so it goes here.

How does AI suck so badly?

Because despite the "I" most things labeled AI have no intelligence at all, not even an artificial one.

The more we try to get computer hardware and software, the more we realize that even the most advanced super computers cannot process-analyze-decide-act at a capacity anywhere close to what the human brain does.

Novels and movies have us thinking that the first sentient AI's will be highly intelligent, but it's just as likely they will be highly informed and misinformed but with the intellectual ability of a five year old. Imagine if you crammed all of wikipedia into the brain of a five year old what the five year old would be like. There would be a lot of banishing people to the cornfield.

Last edited:
    Here's an interesting find on the Internet. It's a do you support Biden kind of polling question PEW asked of the world. What is interesting about it is it almost exactly mirrors the result when the same basic question is asked in the US.

So what does it mean when the world results mirror the US results. It probably means polling for that concept of support question is a complete waste of time.

Asking people that question will not yield a rational answer for what the question is about. The question it will in essence answer is the proportion of the population who is distrustful of the people in charge of their, and / or other government(s).

That is apparently an almost universal 39% for, 50% against, which citizens worldwide feel about their form of government and the people who lead them.

Here's an interesting find on the Internet. It's a do you support Biden kind of polling question PEW asked of the world. What is interesting about it is it almost exactly mirrors the result when the same basic question is asked in the US.

So what does it mean when the world results mirror the US results. It probably means polling for that concept of support question is a complete waste of time.

Asking people that question will not yield a rational answer for what the question is about. The question it will in essence answer is the proportion of the population who is distrustful of the people in charge of their, and / or other government(s).

That is apparently an almost universal 39% for, 50% against, which citizens worldwide feel about their form of government and the people who lead them.

Just asking that kind of broad question isn’t very helpful, unless you follow up. (I assume they did, I suppose) If you say you’re unhappy with the approach, you could want him to give more to Ukraine or give less. Both viewpoints, while opposite, would fit in that category.

And that tweet has no link to the actual survey. So 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think this is getting enough attention. This organization supported Trump and MAGA through illegal means.

You can always count on Hannity to obfuscate. He treats the shirtpost as a legitimate breaking story, never mentions the guy’s profile where he calls himself a shirt poster, and basically just blows it up. Tool.

When Trump supporters say "Democrats you need to replace Biden if you want to win," what they are actually thinking is "please replace Biden at the last minute to give Trump a better chance of winning."

If Trump supporters were so cocksure that Biden will lose to Trump, they woudn't be whining about how bad a candidate he is and constantly begging the Democrats to replace him with another candidate way too late for any other candidate to have any chance at winning.

This is how the mainstream media is failing us. The main gist of this story should be that Trump held a rally in a black church to “appeal to black people” that didn’t include a majority of black people or members of that church. Yet the headline convey nothing of that fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom