Louisiana Governor election gameday thread (Edwards wins) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

st dude

Admin
    Reaction score
    The race for Louisiana Governor between democrat John Bel Edwards and republican Eddie Rispone, which is drawing national attention and a ton of outside money, gets decided tomorrow.

Rispone has smartly hitched his wagon to Donald Trump, hoping to make the race a referendum on Trump in a very red state, evidently not wanting to have the race focus on a comparison of qualifications. His commercials focus on painting Edwards as a liberal. Only in Louisiana can a pro life, pro second amendment former green beret like Edwards be called a liberal.

Edwards is a good guy, I hope he wins. I sat with him for a few innings at the LSU Army baseball game. He was wearing Army gear, I didn’t know he played baseball for Army at West Point. He did have on purple socks as a nod to LSU.

It will be an interesting race. Millions of dollars from outside the state have poured in. Trump has been in the state at least twice , stumping for Rispone. Taking a page from Trump attacking McCain, Rispone has even attacked Edward’s military service. Did Rispone have bone spurs too?

Most are predicting a close race. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but I see Edwards winning with about 52% of the vote. The returns should start coming in around the time the LSU game ends.

Yea, he’s got it. Only parish under 90% that’s red is Cameron, and I don’t think they’re swinging this haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom