Let the Battle for Georgia Begin (Again) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Frankly, this might improve Warnock's chances of re-election, but that's JMHO.

Walker becoming a U.S. Senator is par for the course with Trump becoming President.
    Trump, at least in 2016, had a better overall presidential campaign team. Kellyanne Conway, love her or hate her,.might've saved his nomination because by mid-summer 2016, Trump had made so many idiotic, frankly frightening and authoritian statements, comments, past sexist or misgyonist comments or videos were leaked (like the 2005 Access Hollywood interview on the bus with Billy Bush) that Trump's popularity, favorability ratings were dropping fast, Conway simply made him stop having public interviews, or open press conferences, IIRC. She was a vital, if not still seriously overlooked, member of his 2016 presidential campaign and early on in his administration before she was given a desk job in the WH and told to shut up.

One could make a very strong argument that without her and especially Steve Bannion, Trump never comes close to being elected. Even more, without them, he wouldn't even know where to begin. Stephen Miller is a pathetic Bannion-wannabe, who lacks his credentials, experience, intelligence, tact but one who believes just having ties to far-right, white nationalist hate groups or extremists gives him some major street cred that balances out all his over major deficiencies. He probably doesn't have Jared Kushner anymore, so what emerging, new Roy Cohn exists out there that will come along and solve most of his major problems.

I don't attribute any of Trump's success to his campaign team. He won based on how the vast majority of GOP primaries are either winner-take-all or have a fairly high threshold (20% or more) in a proportional award of delegate system (i.e., you need over 20% to be given delegates). The outright racist, xenophobic, and lunatic faction of the GOP was more than enough to carry him to victory. Trump was his own success. Never had their been a candidate that lacked so much decorum or concern for how the Office of the President is presented. The infamous 'core' honestly couldn't care less about Trump's 'negatives' (which are objectively negatives but not to these people) so long as he embraces far-right doctrine.

Walker will get at least 48% of the vote just based on having an (R) behind his name and being approved by Trump. He can easily defeat Warnock regardless of any merits/ability to govern.

I don't attribute any of Trump's success to his campaign team. He won based on how the vast majority of GOP primaries are either winner-take-all or have a fairly high threshold (20% or more) in a proportional award of delegate system (i.e., you need over 20% to be given delegates). The outright racist, xenophobic, and lunatic faction of the GOP was more than enough to carry him to victory. Trump was his own success. Never had their been a candidate that lacked so much decorum or concern for how the Office of the President is presented. The infamous 'core' honestly couldn't care less about Trump's 'negatives' (which are objectively negatives but not to these people) so long as he embraces far-right doctrine.
    When Trump jumped into the primaries he won because the media covered Trump 24/7 because he was outrageous and good for ratings. They gave Trump massive free publicity! In fact Trump spent hardly any money on adds.
    Walker will get at least 48% of the vote just based on having an (R) behind his name and being approved by Trump. He can easily defeat Warnock regardless of any merits/ability to govern.
    I doubt it. The Republicans are on the way out unless they change their tune. The demographic that votes Republican does not have too many children.

When Trump jumped into the primaries he won because the media covered Trump 24/7 because he was outrageous and good for ratings. They gave Trump massive free publicity! In fact Trump spent hardly any money on adds.

I doubt it. The Republicans are on the way out unless they change their tune. The demographic that votes Republican does not have too many children.
    As you have noted, tribalism is here to stay. Couple that with the Georgia GOP making it harder to vote and quashing what constitutes a conforming ballot and I think the GOP has a clear advantage regardless of who they nominate. It does seem, however, that Georgia is shifting blue so maybe more people turning eighteen in the two-year interim since the 2020 elections will aid the Democrats.

The media has admitted as much, that and they thought there was no way he was going to win so from their point of view they were milking a temporary windfall

I've read articles from a few producers and anchors saying that they wished they had done things differently

As you have noted, tribalism is here to stay. Couple that with the Georgia GOP making it harder to vote and quashing what constitutes a conforming ballot and I think the GOP has a clear advantage regardless of who they nominate. It does seem, however, that Georgia is shifting blue so maybe more people turning eighteen in the two-year interim since the 2020 elections will aid the Democrats.
    I do not like the concept that minorities have a harder time voting when they have to show ID or because they have to show up at at a certain time. The left practices condescending bigotry of low expectations when they think that way. POC are as able as anyone to follow whatever rules are there. Furthermore, the POC vote in Georgia was not exactly lacking in 2020.

The Republicans is no longer the party of country club types and has become the party of the yahoo rednecks. They are on a path of self destruction. Hopefully a moderate party may appear on the scene one of these days

I do not like the concept that minorities have a harder time voting when they have to show ID or because they have to show up at at a certain time. The left practices condescending bigotry of low expectations when they think that way. POC are as able as anyone to follow whatever rules are there. Furthermore, the POC vote in Georgia was not exactly lacking in 2020.

The Republicans is no longer the party of country club types and has become the party of the yahoo rednecks. They are on a path of self destruction. Hopefully a moderate party may appear on the scene one of these days
    It's been discussed in another thread but the laws go far beyond mere voter ID requirements (which I don't have a problem with). Most troubling in the Georgia laws specifically is the power of the State (controlled by the GOP legislature) to basically replace local election boards/officials (e.g. in Democrat counties) at the drop of the hat.

The media has admitted as much, that and they thought there was no way he was going to win so from their point of view they were milking a temporary windfall

I've read articles from a few producers and anchors saying that they wished they had done things differently
    People like me can save them a lot of money they've wasted on self-introspection or musing on industry-maintained ethical guidelines or mores, and say they likely wouldn't do too much different because Trump knows how to play them, by pushing their buttons because he knows, even if his political messages, philosophy, is indecent, vulgar, and uncompromisingly bigoted, he has a certain charisma that connects and is great for T.V. ratings

Leslie Moonvies, former CEO of CBS, admitted as much, so did Trump's bitterly opposed, left-leaning clinical psychotherapist niece, who wishes she wasnt born a Trump and likely will change her last name, said it, too.

I'm voting in Georgia, Wisconsin, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Texas and Louisiana in 2024. No way can those idiot Republicans beat me and all of my ilk's voter fraud in multiple states.

It's about the same level of credible evidence that was presented in all of these voter fraud lawsuits. Thankfully those lawyers are being sanctioned. It's basic law-school coursework that teaches you cannot base an affidavit on what you heard someone else say about something happening or a belief that something happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom