Israel vs Hamas (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Netanyahu is definitely a terrible person, aligned with Trump. He is leaning into to the religious right in Israel to stay in power as long as he can so he can stay out of jail. The Israeli people have to get rid of him, unless we think the US should engage in regime change. Which has never gone well for us in the past.

The whole regime IMO is rotten to the core. Thousands of Israelis have been protesting against the illegal slaughter and land grabbing by the IDF-completely against what Bibi seems to want. He needs to put the safety of his people first and has shown repeatedly he’s a greedy bloodthirsty leader. He can talk about hostages all day every day but his actions speak more to someone who has a far more nefarious agenda.

I agree we don’t need to initiate regime change, but it’s coming either way IMO I just hope the health and safety of more Palestinian and Israeli lives aren’t the expense.

I fear we are coming to a crux of what has always been the case (Israel at least with Bibi will NEVER accept a 2 state solution) and what the US wants to be the case - preserving a 2 state solution. It seems Israel is never going to stop making their case for their own religious purposes that the 2 state option “won’t ever work”.

Edit: also Israel reportedly has thousands of Palestinian hostages. I am wondering what Hamas demands are so the remaining Israeli hostages can be released safely

Last edited:
    Chuck has taken the gloves off...

Glad Schumer is speaking up. The ADL would have had a tough time painting him as anti-Semitic and the opening of his speech makes it impossible. He's diplomatically the best American political leader to publicly say that Israel being a victim of atrocities does not justify Israel committing atrocities against others.

Unfortunately, I think the current fascist leadership in Israel is going to respond with hostility toward the US which might lead to further geopolitical destabilization.

Schumer is also shielding Biden from the political fallout that will follow. I think that Schumer and Biden are working together on this behind the scenes.

Last edited:
    Glad Schumer is speaking up. The ADL would have had a tough time painting him as anti-Semitic and the opening of his speech makes it impossible. He's diplomatically the best American political leader to publicly say that Israel being a victim of atrocities does not justify Israel committing atrocities against others.

Unfortunately, I think the current fascist leadership in Israel is going to respond with hostility toward the US which might lead to further geopolitical destabilization.

Schumer is also shielding Biden from the political fallout that will follow. I think that Schumer and Biden are working together on this behind the scenes.

Makes sense and seems like a sound strategy. Hopefully enough pressure to get Israel to at least slow their roll.

This year, AIPAC is reportedly prepared to spend $100 million to defeat candidates who are “insufficiently supportive of Israel,” as Politico put it. That doesn’t just mean targeting progressive lawmakers who oppose Israel’s brutal war in Gaza. AIPAC recently spent $5 million unsuccessfully opposing a Democratic candidate who had criticized Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and settlement expansion in the West Bank.

Now, progressives are banding together and fighting back. On Monday, two dozen progressive organizations announced they are launching the “Reject AIPAC” coalition.

I know things happen like this all over the world, all the time..terrible things in every country every day.

But seeing online so many infants, toddlers, children missing limbs in immense pain - having to have them amputated without medication, some orphaned - tearfully wondering why they deserved this, has put me into a good bit of deeply depressed feeling over the past several months.

No words.

I know things happen like this all over the world, all the time..terrible things in every country every day.

But seeing online so many infants, toddlers, children missing limbs in immense pain - having to have them amputated without medication, some orphaned - tearfully wondering why they deserved this, has put me into a good bit of deeply depressed feeling over the past several months.

No words.
    It's beyond horrible and anyone supporting continuing to fund Isreal has blood on their hands.

It's beyond horrible and anyone supporting continuing to fund Isreal has blood on their hands.
    Everyone who chooses to use any portable digital devices or computers has blood on their hands, and a lot of it.

Everyone who chooses to live in any industrial society has blood on their hands.

That's why the whole "they've got blood on their hands" finger pointing rings hollow and hypocritical to me.

Supporting sending funds and aid to Israel is not inherently bad. Supporting sending funding and aid to Israel unconditionally is unwise and morally questionable.

Supporting sending funds and aid to Israel is not inherently bad. Supporting sending funding and aid to Israel unconditionally is unwise and morally questionable.
    Yes it is bad. Why do you think supporting the genocide by Isreal by continuing to send them funding isn't bad?

Some public comments by Biden or his Administration criticizing Isreal or Bibi means nothing when they could easily cut off the weapons/money.

Why do you think supporting the genocide by Isreal by continuing to send them funding isn't bad?
    Funds and aid can be given to Israel with conditions and restrictions placed on the funds and aid that prevent the funds and aid from being used to kill Palestinians. Conditions can also be placed on the funds and aid that force Israel to treat Palestinians better.

It's not an all "good: or all "bad" issue.

Singling out just the funds and aid we provide to Israel rings hollow and hypocritical to me. Seems to be more motivated by tribalism than it is by genuine empathy and compassion.

Last edited:
    Funds and aid can be given to Israel with conditions and restrictions placed on the funds and aid that prevent the funds and aid from being used to kill Palestinians. Conditions can also be placed on the funds and aid that force Israel to treat Palestinians better.

It's not an all "good: or all "bad" issue.

Singling out just the funds and aid we provide to Israel rings hollow and hypocritical to me. Seems to be more motivated by tribalism than it is by genuine empathy and compassion.

I think that the point is that if military funding is being used to continue to slaughter innocent people and illegally take land as the Russians are doing unjustly in Ukraine, the US should do something to stop that. The US has already shown they aren't willing to halt military funding based on the actions of Israel - which have been going on for almost half a year now. Which makes it all the more ironic that there's so much support in the US for Ukraine under one clearly immoral circumstance, yet in another that involves an ally being the aggressor as Russia is, its a much more muted response. Maybe I'm the unintelligent one - but I can't make that make sense.

It seems the cycle is:

1. Israel terrorizes and slaughters more and more innocent people in Gaza, continues to push citizens out of their homeland
    2, US condemns Netanyahu, says the IDF needs to be more 'careful'
    3. Netanyahu gets annoyed with the US & says something Hamas something human sheilds Israel won't be safe until they're eradicated
    4. Go back to #1

Last edited:
    I think that the point is that if military funding is being used to continue to slaughter innocent people and illegally take land as the Russians are doing unjustly in Ukraine, the US should do something to stop that. The US has already shown they aren't willing to halt military funding based on the actions of Israel - which have been going on for almost half a year now. Which makes it all the more ironic that there's so much support in the US for Ukraine under one clearly immoral circumstance, yet in another that involves an ally being the aggressor as Russia is, its a much more muted response. Maybe I'm the unintelligent one - but I can't make that make sense.

It seems the cycle is:

1. Israel terrorizes and slaughters more and more innocent people in Gaza, continues to push citizens out of their homeland
    2, US condemns Netanyahu, says the IDF needs to be more 'careful'
    3. Netanyahu gets annoyed with the US & says something Hamas something human sheilds Israel won't be safe until they're eradicated
    4. Go back to #1
    There isn’t a corollary to the attack by Hamas in the Ukraine scenario. That’s the biggest difference I see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom