Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Oh please. So I'm creeped out by people who always hide behind 'the children!' 'the babies!'

This doesn't make me a terrible person. It says nothing about me except I call bs posturing and feigned outrage tied to agendas for what they are.

War crimes? That will eventually come up, but just so you know -- it is far more complicated than to scream and shout 'What about the babies!'

I do not apologize if people like you have gotten all hysterical people people like me won't jump on board the 'But the babies!' bandwagon.
    None of that applies here though; it's simply not an accurate representation of the posts you're replying to, or the article being referenced.

You're clearly attempting to portray any reference to the deaths of children as being cynical to the point of irrelevance, regardless of whether it is or not, and the only reason to do that is to attempt to dismiss any reference to the deaths of children, no matter how relevant and true it is.

You're clearly uncomfortable with the reality and consequences of what's happening - perhaps for those 'political/ideological' reasons you brought up - but I would suggest engaging with that discomfort, rather than trying to avoid it. Because that doesn't work in a forum like this, unless everyone agrees to pretend with you. Which they're not going to.

Protect "the children" is the rallying cry of people fighting to take away the rights of people who are LGBTQIA+, not white and/or not Christian.

Protect "the babies" is the rallying cry of people fighting to take away the rights of women and healthcare providers.

Hope you're consistent and that you avoid having double standards with your "creeped out" outrage.
    I am, thank you.

None of that applies here though; it's simply not an accurate representation of the posts you're replying to, or the article being referenced.

You're clearly attempting to portray any reference to the deaths of children as being cynical to the point of irrelevance, regardless of whether it is or not, and the only reason to do that is to attempt to dismiss any reference to the deaths of children, no matter how relevant and true it is.

You're clearly uncomfortable with the reality and consequences of what's happening - perhaps for those 'political/ideological' reasons you brought up - but I would suggest engaging with that discomfort, rather than trying to avoid it. Because that doesn't work in a forum like this, unless everyone agrees to pretend with you. Which they're not going to.
    I'm not feeling uncomfortable. Stop projecting. What I am is tired of the posturing and manufactured outrage of unhappy people with far too much time on their hands.

Shirt!​

5 U.S. Special Operations Troops Killed in Helicopter Crash in Mediterranean​

The troops were on a refueling training mission when the aircraft crashed off the coast of Cyprus. The episode, which Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III said was an accident, is under investigation.​

Nov. 12, 2023Updated 7:43 p.m. ET
    Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin sitting in front of a microphone.

“We mourn the tragic loss of five U.S. service members during a training accident in the Mediterranean Sea,” Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III said on Sunday.Pete Marovich for The New York Times
    Five members of the U.S. Army Special Operations forces have died in a helicopter crash in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, American officials said on Sunday.

The troops were crew members of an MH-60 Black Hawk helicopter that was on a refueling training mission late Friday when the aircraft crashed off the coast of Cyprus, three U.S. officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss operational details. The crash is under investigation, they said.

The Pentagon has quietly dispatched to Cyprus commando teams from the Joint Special Operations Command, including the Army’s Delta Force and the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, to stand by in case they are needed to help evacuate American citizens from the region.

The commandos are also trained in hostage rescue operations. About a dozen or so American hostages were seized when Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, but Biden administration officials have indicated they have no plans to put American boots on the ground in the densely populated Gaza Strip, where the Israel military is now conducting major ground operations.

The helicopter crew members who died were members of the Army’s elite 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, known as the Night Stalkers, and are among the aviators assigned to ferry the commandos on clandestine missions.

I'm not feeling uncomfortable. Stop projecting. What I am is tired of the posturing and manufactured outrage of unhappy people with far too much time on their hands.
    Maybe you should follow your own advice, because it seems like you're projecting.

Maybe you should follow your own advice, because it seems like you're projecting.
    Huh? You're making absolutely no sense here. My reply was to a post by a RobF:

I wrote: "I'm not feeling uncomfortable. Stop projecting. What I am is tired of the posturing and manufactured outrage of unhappy people with far too much time on their hands."

Could you explain how your comment applies? Here it just seems so nonsensical.

Some bad shirt:

Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.), one of the lawmakers inside the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters when protesters clashed with police outside the building this week, said the experience rattled her more than the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

“This rattled me more than January 6th did,” Dingell told The Detroit News. “I was scared. Someone is going to get hurt at one of these things. They can get out of control.”

The Detroit News reported Dingell tried to exit the building through multiple doors, but protesters had blocked the area. She told the outlet an officer stopped her at the front and pointed to a medic treating another officer who had been pepper-sprayed outside.

U.S. Capitol Police said they tried to hold back about 150 protestors outside the DNC building in Washington on Wednesday night. Protestors were demanding a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war.

In a post online, Capitol Police said six officers were treated for injuries stemming from the protests, “ranging from minor cuts to being pepper sprayed to being punched.” Organizers of the protest said 90 of its demonstrators were injured after skirmishes broke out with police.

That was a great piece. There is no doubt that all of the killings of Palestinians is creating hatred. Some of that will result in more violence against Israelis. Israel is probably in more danger now than it was before the attacks on Gaza. I'm surprised that Hamas is agreeing to the swap of hostages for prisoners, because after the swap, the bombings will resume, and many of those prisoners will be killed, along with many more innocent Palestinians. Hamas committed heinous crimes, but Israel has followed it with their own crimes. Israel has killed many more innocent kids than Hamas did in their attacks. Some justify that by saying that Hamas were the instigators, but the innocent Palestinian didn't instigate that crime. Hamas rules Palestine by force.

I said it before the bombings, and I still believe that the only thing that would've prevented the vast killings of innocent people is to create refugee camps outside of Gaza, or a truly safe area in Gaza, for all non-combatants, and to truly serve its humanitarian needs. Everyone could've been screened to keep that area safe. I know people say that was impossible, but the challenges would've been worth it. When such a safe camp were established, then, and only then, would bombings and destruction of the combat areas be justifiable. All of the weapons and tunnels could be destroyed once most that don't want to be part of the fight have been cleared out. That would've taken weeks to do, but there was no need to rush. What is happening is a vicious circle of violence is being created due to the rush to retaliate.

The three, all age 20, were visiting the home of one of the victim’s relatives and were walking when they were confronted by a white man with a handgun.

“Without speaking, he discharged at least four rounds from the pistol and is believed to have fled,” Murad said in a news release. “All three victims were struck, two in their torsos and one in the lower extremities

"On the morning of October 7, Hamas fighters streamed into the quiet lanes of kibbutz Alumim, setting off on a rampage of killing and destruction. But most of their victims in the community weren’t Israeli, or even Jewish, they were Thai and Nepali farm workers, sleeping in a dormitory right in the militants’ path.

Some of the men limped, others were pushed. Flanked by gunmen, the men were marched to their deaths.

Security staff watched helplessly on CCTV from just a few hundred meters away as the 23 men were massacred."

"Hamas freed a group of 10 Thais taken hostage on Friday but others remain captive."

"The violence has set off an exodus of foreign workers from Israel, with some 10,000 farmworkers estimated to have left since October 7, according to the Israeli government.

For Israel’s dairy and agricultural farms, that has posed an almost existential problem. Dairy cows need milking several times a day by specially trained staff, while the past weeks have been the harvest window for many crops."

The three, all age 20, were visiting the home of one of the victim’s relatives and were walking when they were confronted by a white man with a handgun.

“Without speaking, he discharged at least four rounds from the pistol and is believed to have fled,” Murad said in a news release. “All three victims were struck, two in their torsos and one in the lower extremities
    These days when people call anti-Semites everyone who say smth bad about Israel such cases often remain unnoticed.
    This is a hate crime for sure.

These days when people call anti-Semites everyone who say smth bad about Israel such cases often remain unnoticed.
    This is a hate crime for sure.
    This is hardly going unnoticed. It’s all over the news.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom