Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Says the guy who constantly posts from the Neocon propaganda think tank The Institute for the Study of War while thinking they were actually credible. How were you not familiar with the Kagans and their history?

Find me one post I posted anywhere on here in last 12 months from ISW.

Find it.

Or you will have to change your handle to SaintforLiar

This is unbelievably stupid of Schumer to have agreed to this. Absolutely nothing good will come from allowing Netanyahu address a joint session of Congress. This will hurt both Biden and Democrats chances of keeping both the House and Senate. Absolutely moranic decision. Democrats need to put pressure on Schumer to back out and uninvite Netanyahu. Talk about a self dealt death blow. :banghead:

=============
    Last month, congressional leaders from both parties bestowed a rare honor on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by inviting him to address a joint meeting of Congress. With that speech, now scheduled for July 24, Congress is giving Netanyahu a platform to interfere in U.S. politics, as he has done before. And as Democrats — who are now considering whether to boycott the address — clearly understand, the consequences could be significant. If Netanyahu uses his speech to undermine the Biden administration’s diplomatic efforts and attack his own Democratic critics, that could further politicize the U.S.-Israel relationship, damaging it over the long term.

On Capitol Hill, many Democrats are frustrated that Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) agreed to the proposal by House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) to honor Netanyahu with a fourth joint meeting address, surpassing Winston Churchill’s tally. After all, it was Schumer himself who gave a speech in March calling for new elections in Israel and describing Netanyahu as an “obstacle to peace.” Several Democrats told me Schumer was boxed in politically, not wanting to seem anti-Israel in an election year by refusing. In a statement, Schumer said he signed on because “America’s relationship with Israel is ironclad and transcends one person.”

Several senior Democrats told me they haven’t decided whether they will attend because they predict Netanyahu will use the speech to attack the Biden administration and Democrats. In 2015, Netanyahu used a joint meeting address to lobby against the Iran nuclear deal, then the Obama administration’s top diplomatic initiative. Fifty-eight Democrats skipped that speech. This time, the number could be higher.

Netanyahu’s 2015 speech to Congress was a mistake for him and for Israel, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who is leaning toward attending, told me. Netanyahu’s mission to thwart the Iran deal failed. And the surrounding controversy deepened fissures between elements of the American political establishment and Israel for years to come.

“I would have hoped he would have learned his lesson, but I don’t think he is guided by what’s best for the U.S.-Israel relationship,” Murphy said, adding that what guides Netanyahu is staying in power. “I’m deeply worried about what he’s going to say and that it’s just going to exacerbate the problems that Israel has in the United States and around the world.”
    =============

This is unbelievably stupid of Schumer to have agreed to this. Absolutely nothing good will come from allowing Netanyahu address a joint session of Congress. This will hurt both Biden and Democrats chances of keeping both the House and Senate. Absolutely moranic decision. Democrats need to put pressure on Schumer to back out and uninvite Netanyahu. Talk about a self dealt death blow. :banghead:

=============
    Last month, congressional leaders from both parties bestowed a rare honor on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by inviting him to address a joint meeting of Congress. With that speech, now scheduled for July 24, Congress is giving Netanyahu a platform to interfere in U.S. politics, as he has done before. And as Democrats — who are now considering whether to boycott the address — clearly understand, the consequences could be significant. If Netanyahu uses his speech to undermine the Biden administration’s diplomatic efforts and attack his own Democratic critics, that could further politicize the U.S.-Israel relationship, damaging it over the long term.

On Capitol Hill, many Democrats are frustrated that Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) agreed to the proposal by House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) to honor Netanyahu with a fourth joint meeting address, surpassing Winston Churchill’s tally. After all, it was Schumer himself who gave a speech in March calling for new elections in Israel and describing Netanyahu as an “obstacle to peace.” Several Democrats told me Schumer was boxed in politically, not wanting to seem anti-Israel in an election year by refusing. In a statement, Schumer said he signed on because “America’s relationship with Israel is ironclad and transcends one person.”

Several senior Democrats told me they haven’t decided whether they will attend because they predict Netanyahu will use the speech to attack the Biden administration and Democrats. In 2015, Netanyahu used a joint meeting address to lobby against the Iran nuclear deal, then the Obama administration’s top diplomatic initiative. Fifty-eight Democrats skipped that speech. This time, the number could be higher.

Netanyahu’s 2015 speech to Congress was a mistake for him and for Israel, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who is leaning toward attending, told me. Netanyahu’s mission to thwart the Iran deal failed. And the surrounding controversy deepened fissures between elements of the American political establishment and Israel for years to come.

“I would have hoped he would have learned his lesson, but I don’t think he is guided by what’s best for the U.S.-Israel relationship,” Murphy said, adding that what guides Netanyahu is staying in power. “I’m deeply worried about what he’s going to say and that it’s just going to exacerbate the problems that Israel has in the United States and around the world.”
    =============

Democrats shooting themselves in the foot. I mean, I gotta go find my shocked face now. Never fails.

=============

=============

Schumer's position on Israel is basically as one who is a zionist. I'm actually kind of impressed in that he toned it down some from his usual standing support for Israel.

I think it's hard to know how this will impact the election. The view of the majority of us on this board regarding the Gaza tragedy is not the same view that the majority of Democratic and Republican voters.

A comfortable majority of Americans either think Israel is completely justified or they don't care about what Israel is doing in Gaza.

Also, let's see what Democrats say leading into Netanyahu's speech and after it. It's a great opportunity to pressure Netanyahu and Israel if they want to.

Good move if this actually kept more of the far right out of the cabinet.

But it's not...
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dissolved his war cabinet, an Israeli official told CNN Monday, just over a week after opposition leader Benny Gantz withdrew from the body.

Decision-making will now move back to the government’s main security cabinet, the Israeli official said, claiming Netanyahu “will hold smaller forums on sensitive matters.”

The war cabinet, set up five days after the Hamas-led terrorist attacks against Israel on October 7, had five members: Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, opposition leader Benny Gantz, and two “observers,” Ron Dermer and Gadi Eisenkot.
    IMO, this "War Cabinet" was set-up as a sort of guardrail from Netanyahu's extremist instinct, now the gloves are off.

The advisory document envisions a three stage process including the establishment of tent cities in Sinai and opening of humanitarian corridor, followed by construction of cities in northern Sinai from which there would be no return.

This would be good and hopefully it works out.
    I ain't holding my breath. Too many false starts so far. Wake me up when both parties actually sign an agreement.

The advisory document envisions a three stage process including the establishment of tent cities in Sinai and opening of humanitarian corridor, followed by construction of cities in northern Sinai from which there would be no return.

I can read that. The main thing to know about reading that is to read it right to left, instead of trying to read it left to right.

I read that, and after reading it I decided that the person who wrote it is לשון הרע. (Read those last two words right to left).

Those words mean "evil tongue." It's the most awful criticism one Jew can make about another Jew. It basically means "go to hell," or more to the point, that person is going to hell, or is already in hell.

It also means that person is cast out of the tribe. Not only homeless, they are peopleless, they have no kinfolk.

לשון הרע are the same as dead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom