Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Russia continues to mass assets within range of Ukraine - though the official explanations are that they are for various exercises. United States intelligence has noted that Russian operatives in Ukraine could launch 'false flag' operations as a predicate to invasion. The West has pressed for negotiations and on Friday in Geneva, the US Sec. State Blinken will meet with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov.

Certainly the Russian movements evidence some plan - but what is it? Some analysts believe that Putin's grand scheme involves securing Western commitments that NATO would never expand beyond its current composition. Whether that means action in Ukraine or merely the movement of pieces on the chess board remains to be seen.

VIENNA — No one expected much progress from this past week’s diplomatic marathon to defuse the security crisis Russia has ignited in Eastern Europe by surrounding Ukraine on three sides with 100,000 troops and then, by the White House’s accounting, sending in saboteurs to create a pretext for invasion.

But as the Biden administration and NATO conduct tabletop simulations about how the next few months could unfold, they are increasingly wary of another set of options for President Vladimir V. Putin, steps that are more far-reaching than simply rolling his troops and armor over Ukraine’s border.

Mr. Putin wants to extend Russia’s sphere of influence to Eastern Europe and secure written commitments that NATO will never again enlarge. If he is frustrated in reaching that goal, some of his aides suggested on the sidelines of the negotiations last week, then he would pursue Russia’s security interests with results that would be felt acutely in Europe and the United States.

There were hints, never quite spelled out, that nuclear weapons could be shifted to places — perhaps not far from the United States coastline — that would reduce warning times after a launch to as little as five minutes, potentially igniting a confrontation with echoes of the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Says the person who posts stuff from the David Frum, Asha Rangappa, Bill Krystol, Jennifer Rubinn etc. You love all the neocons and CNN analysts.
    You didn't answer my question. I'll expand: Why is Glenn Greenwald more trustworthy than those people you just mentioned?

My issue with the headline is she finds a way to blame Russia even when they weren't involved in that incident.

Are you aware that Anne Applebaum is on the board for the CIA linked National Endowment for Democracy?
    The Russians weren’t involved? Do you think the Ukrainians just fired that missile for no reason? Did it ever cross your mind that they were trying to shoot down a Russian missile with it? Good lord, SFL, you’re a parody of yourself at this point. You should be embarrassed.

Says the person who posts stuff from the David Frum, Asha Rangappa, Bill Krystol, Jennifer Rubinn etc. You love all the neocons and CNN analysts.
    Stop it. I have explained to you in detail on more than one occasion how I evaluate statements. These aren’t “teams” to root for. I don’t have to agree with everything about someone to know when they do say something I can agree with. I never ever watch CNN either. So keep you shallow defensiveness to yourself.

Like blowing up Russia's pipeline?
    Exactly!!!

How better to improve rising fuel prices that is driving up inflation world wide than to blow up an oil pipeline that supply multiple nations? BRILLIANT!!!
    Another example of how STUPID these right-wing conspiracies are. Now excuse me, I believe my baby back baby ribs are done!

My issue with the headline is she finds a way to blame Russia even when they weren't involved in that incident.

Are you aware that Anne Applebaum is on the board for the CIA linked National Endowment for Democracy?
    Russia was involved in the incident, they shot about a 100 missiles at Ukraine that day. Had they not shot those missiles at Ukraine, Ukraine wouldn't have fired an anti air missile back at them.

There would have been no missiles in the air at all, but for what Russia did.

Just what the hell else do you think they should do? Roll over and let the orcs rape and murder their way to a genocide? Proxy war or not, Ukraine deserves our support, their leadership deserves our support.

Once the orc army is pushed all the way out, then UKR leadership can address if and how they've been manipulated.

Make no mistake though, if there's been a proxy war, it was started by Russia and Russia alone deserves the consequences of their barbaric actions.

The West sure's hell didn't force the Russians into bombing civilians, murdering families and stealing children for chrissake.

I can't imagine why QAnon is so quiet about that. Here we have provable child trafficking on a massive scale, right out in the open, no "Elites" or Reptilians or conspiracies, the Russians are just packing Ukrainian kids up and shipping them off. If Q was anything but a hoax, they'd be losing their freaking minds and insisting we do something about it.

But no, by and large the Q-diots are siding with the child stealers. Get that through the cognitive dissonance, eh? The Right supports child trafficking and child traffickers...provided they donate heavily to the NRA.
    We have a break through!!!! He now admits that the US was only involved AFTER 2014!!!!! Before it was a CIA lead coup!!!

By 2030, he will find out that US isn't involved in the pipeline sabotage!

Stop it. I have explained to you in detail on more than one occasion how I evaluate statements. These aren’t “teams” to root for. I don’t have to agree with everything about someone to know when they do say something I can agree with. I never ever watch CNN either. So keep you shallow defensiveness to yourself.
    Oh so you are able to do that with the people you post, but I'm not? If you would just stick to showing what I posted was incorrect instead of constantly crying about the people I post then this wouldn't be an issue. I'm well aware that its one of your message board tactics that you use to try to discredit something when you are unable to point out what's incorrect. Axe to grind is another one.

Oh so you are able to do that with the people you post, but I'm not? If you would just stick to showing what I posted was incorrect instead of constantly crying about the people I post then this wouldn't be an issue. I'm well aware that its one of your message board tactics that you use to try to discredit something when you are unable to point out what's incorrect. Axe to grind is another one.
    Listen, I point out what is incorrect constantly. You never respond to any of those posts.

I just now finished a fairly long post about the stupid laptop where either you or your sources are deliberately conflating the actual laptop, which is in the possession of the FBI, with the “fake” laptop which the Post offered up in their stories.

It’s so very tiresome to point out these errors to you, only to have you ignore those posts, wait a few weeks and repost all the old lies you are consuming and the crazy conspiracy theories. As if you never saw or read the posts debunking them.

No I wasn't aware and you cannot separate Russia from the incident, they are inherently involved.

They are most responsible as they are the aggressor and started this war and this situation would have not occurred if Ukraine was not having to defend itself from invasion.
    It’s really unfortunate that he casually presents a conspiracy theory as fact and it gets accepted. Where is the proof that a democracy promoting organization is a front for the cia? The us openly promotes democracy. I must lack need to know access to top secret info.

It’s really unfortunate that he casually presents a conspiracy theory as fact and it gets accepted. Where is the proof that a democracy promoting organization is a front for the cia? The us openly promotes democracy. I must lack need to know access to top secret info.
    Wasn't accepting it as fact.. just wasn't fighting that battle.

Never thought that I would see something like this in my lifetime.

I'm speechless.

"PUTIN!PUTIN!".. That is MTG base. They would love to have a Putin..
    Sad..Those people are trash and its sad that a guy like Hershel Walker will tell people if they want change, to move to another counrty, but i bet he wouldn't tell Russis/Putin supporters that..

"PUTIN!PUTIN!".. That is MTG base. They would love to have a Putin..
    Sad..Those people are trash and its sad that a guy like Hershel Walker will tell people if they want change, to move to another counrty, but i bet he wouldn't tell Russis/Putin supporters that..
    And what got me about the Walker clip is he also seems to think if you decide to live in another country you lose your US citizenship. He’s so completely ignorant of everything. Rs should have eternal shame for promoting him. People who vote for him are enemies of the US.

Sorry for the rant, lol.

Which is why the Gish Gallop is so effective
    And it should be noted that people using the Gish Gallop are not communicating genuinely. They know they are being disingenuous. They just don’t care.

Wiki:
    “The Gish gallop /ˈɡɪʃ ˈɡæləp/ is a rhetorical technique in which a person in a debate attempts to overwhelm their opponent by providing an excessive number of arguments with no regard for the accuracy or strength of those arguments. In essence, it is prioritizing quantity of one's arguments at the expense of quality of said arguments.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom