Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Russia continues to mass assets within range of Ukraine - though the official explanations are that they are for various exercises. United States intelligence has noted that Russian operatives in Ukraine could launch 'false flag' operations as a predicate to invasion. The West has pressed for negotiations and on Friday in Geneva, the US Sec. State Blinken will meet with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov.

Certainly the Russian movements evidence some plan - but what is it? Some analysts believe that Putin's grand scheme involves securing Western commitments that NATO would never expand beyond its current composition. Whether that means action in Ukraine or merely the movement of pieces on the chess board remains to be seen.

VIENNA — No one expected much progress from this past week’s diplomatic marathon to defuse the security crisis Russia has ignited in Eastern Europe by surrounding Ukraine on three sides with 100,000 troops and then, by the White House’s accounting, sending in saboteurs to create a pretext for invasion.

But as the Biden administration and NATO conduct tabletop simulations about how the next few months could unfold, they are increasingly wary of another set of options for President Vladimir V. Putin, steps that are more far-reaching than simply rolling his troops and armor over Ukraine’s border.

Mr. Putin wants to extend Russia’s sphere of influence to Eastern Europe and secure written commitments that NATO will never again enlarge. If he is frustrated in reaching that goal, some of his aides suggested on the sidelines of the negotiations last week, then he would pursue Russia’s security interests with results that would be felt acutely in Europe and the United States.

There were hints, never quite spelled out, that nuclear weapons could be shifted to places — perhaps not far from the United States coastline — that would reduce warning times after a launch to as little as five minutes, potentially igniting a confrontation with echoes of the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Yep, basically more of the same from Poots. He wants everyone to think he has the leverage to demand to keep the borders at the current battlefield lines, which Russia has zero claim to.

F-16's are about to come online. I don't think it's a wunderwaffle, but as a weapon's platform it could cause some serious carnage for Russia.

I have never said America doesn't actually try to influence these countries. You subscribe nefarious intentions to all of this, and some puppet master level of competence that has not been displayed.
    Which country interferes, influences, invades, bombs, installs puppet leaders, pushes coups and interferes in elections the most in the world?

The US, but sure we can say it's for freedom and democracy if it helps you sleep better at night

Georgia's government is pro-Russian. Russia was also able to install Yanukovych in Ukraine. Here is a simple question you will dodge, and never answer. If the CIA is so good at this, and has it's claws in so deep. How does Russia continually get friendly governments elected in these countries? If you would honestly engage with these questions, it would lead you to facts like Russia far outspends America in Georgia.
    Russia has plenty of influence around them and they do similar things like the US like installing leaders friendly to them, invading and bombing other countries, etc. I've never claimed Russia didn't do things like that, but any discussion of US interference with you is always deflected to Russia's influence. Both the US and Russia can influence, pressure, coerce, etc those countries around Russia.

How ironic that you complain about me avoiding answers to your questions when you STILL refuse to answer why it's bad for a country to know which foreign countries are funding NGOs inside your own country to try to destabilize it.

Why do you still refuse to answer that simple question? Lets see if you can answer that question without using the word Russia.
    You won't do that. Instead you will keep shouting about NGO's in some online mockery of the Peter principle. The guy who knows the least swears he knows it all.
    I do chuckle every time I see your reply in this thread where you still refuse to answer the question above.

Last edited:
    Which country interferes, influences, invades, bombs, installs puppet leaders, pushes coups and interferes in elections the most in the world?

The US, but sure we say it's for freedom and democracy if it helps you sleep better at night

To say this in a thread about the Russian-Ukraine war, on the topic of Georgia. HELLO SFL, It's IRONY.

Russia has plenty of influence around them and they do similar things like the US like installing leaders friendly to them, invading and bombing other countries, etc. I've never claimed Russia didn't do things like that, but any discussion of US interference with you is always deflected to Russia's influence. Both the US and Russia can influence, pressure, coerce, etc those countries around Russia.

Why are you complaining about America if America's goal is clearly to counteract Russia in these countries?

How ironic that you complain about me avoiding answers to your questions when you STILL refuse to answer why it's bad for a country to know which foreign countries are funding NGOs inside your own country to try to destabilize it.

I've answered this, you just don't like the answer. America is simply trying to counteract Russian influence in these countries. America's goal is not destabilize these countries. America is not the country that invaded both Ukraine, and Georgia. This is were you jump off the rails. You take Russia's goal, and assign it to America.

Why do you still refuse to answer that simple question? Lets see if you can answer that question without using the word Russia.

I do chuckle wash time I see your reply in this post where you still refuse to answer the question above.

You really need to stop talking about geopolitics.

Answer this simple question: What is America's motivation in destabilizing Ukraine, and Georgia? What do we gain? This is your theory give us an answer. I can tell you exactly what Russia wants.

To say this in a thread about the Russian-Ukraine war, on the topic of Georgia. HELLO SFL, It's IRONY.
    Heaven forbid I discuss that in a thread about war.
    Why are you complaining about America if America's goal is clearly to counteract Russia in these countries?
    Oh if it's only to counteract Russia then I guess it's all on the up and up right?

It's perfectly reasonable for the US to destabilize countries in the name of stopping or counteracting Russia? A nuclear armed Russia...
    I've answered this, you just don't like the answer. America is simply trying to counteract Russian influence in these countries. America's goal is not destabilize these countries. America is not the country that invaded both Ukraine, and Georgia. This is were you jump off the rails. You take Russia's goal, and assign it to America.
    Nope. You still haven't answered the question and as I predicted you couldn't answer the question without using the word Russia lol.

Why is it bad for a country to want to know what foreign countries are destabilizing their own country through NGOs? Just imagine we aren't even talking about Russia. Just a general question.

America's goal is to weaken Russia through destabilizing the countries around it. It doesn't matter if the destabilization isn't the ultimate goal. The US is still destabilizing countries. Ukraine is permanently wrecked thanks to the US and NATO poking Russia until they finally invaded Ukraine.

Ukraine is unable to defeat Russia so the US wants another front to attack Russia through Georgia
    You really need to stop talking about geopolitics.
    Says the guy who has no idea about US foreign policy if it's not from the corporate media.
    Answer this simple question: What is America's motivation in destabilizing Ukraine, and Georgia? What do we gain? This is your theory give us an answer. I can tell you exactly what Russia wants.
    I mentioned it above. To weaken Russia. Why do we want to weaken Russia? Who knows, but the natural gas angle makes sense when you consider Hunter, Burisma and the CIA interfering in the investigation into Hunter. It's probably a few reasons and I'm sure the neocon foreign policy dreams are a component.

I mentioned it above. To weaken Russia. Why do we want to weaken Russia? Who knows, but the natural gas angle makes sense when you consider Hunter, Burisma and the CIA interfering in the investigation into Hunter. It's probably a few reasons and I'm sure the neocon foreign policy dreams are a component.

You really think America cares about natural gas in these countries? You keep assigning Russian motives to America for this narrative to make sense.

Russia wants Ukraine because of Sevastopol, and the denial of the development of Ukrainian ONG. Also, the longterm goals of retaking most of the old USSR>

Russia wants to at least control Georgia up to the Caucasus mountains as a natural defense. They would also like to control the gas that transit Georgia on it's way to Turkey. That would give them leverage over other old USSR territories.

All of the gas in that region goes mainly to European markets. Your motive doesn't make sense.

SFL, where do you find these pro-Putin accounts? Honestly? This particular one is run by a man who wishes to remain anonymous and his wife. They collaborate with a person who does go by his real name and seems to be a RWNJ, at first glance.

Why should we give any credence to this guy?

SFL, where do you find these pro-Putin accounts? Honestly? This particular one is run by a man who wishes to remain anonymous and his wife. They collaborate with a person who does go by his real name and seems to be a RWNJ, at first glance.

Why should we give any credence to this guy?
    BlueAnon....

It's just so silly how quickly you and others here accuse anyone who strays from the US foreign policy as pro-Putin.

It's so transparent and actually a weak message board tactic. It's very juvenile and simple minded as well.

I see you slipped one of your favorites in too...RWNJ.

I could just post David Frum or Bill Kristol. Then I know you would be happy because you love discredited neocons.

Paul. Thats it. Just Paul.

he wont give you his last name. He wont give you his credentials.

You jumped from Julie Kelly to ....Paul.

Completely normal, and not suspicious that it's Paul from the Volgograd oblast.

It's not like their twitter feed is hyper-fixated on the Ukraine war.

What has he posted that isn't true? Post some examples

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom