Iowa Caucuses (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

JimEverett

Reaction score
    Anyone have any predictions?

If I had to put money on it, I would pick Sanders as winning.

But there will be more stories than just who wins. IMO - For Warren, Mayor Pete, and Klobuchar it could be feast or famine. A distant 5th or even 4th could effectively end a campaign. Obviously a strong 3rd, and certainly anything higher will provide a huge boost.
    I think Warren might be best positioned to withstand a bad night given she has NH coming up next.

Believe that if you want. :rolleyes:
    It's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about this, what with everyone on the internet being so responsible, and phone calls being so hard to make.

I mean, good grief. Of course it was crank called. It's easy to verify that the number was widely available and actively distributed, it's inevitable that it got crank called. The idea that everyone who usually does that kind of thing suddenly showed restraint, out of what, respect for the democratic process in Iowa? If you buy that, I have some bridges I'd like to sell you.

I am open to the possibility of it being true, but I'm not going to bank on it without some sort of verification.
    It seems pretty clear which one of us decided what they are going to believe even with lack of evidence.

Lol. You really can't be serious. This wasn't anything to bank on. If you need triple verification, authentication to believe this news article, then search for that or wait for it. That just sounds silly to me for something like this.

For me, it was just a news article with additional information of something that occurred during the caucus that is not only plausible, but very much likely in today's world. So I didn't really feel the need to question the sourcing or information in this article.

It's also not terribly consequential, in the grand scheme of things. Respond to it however you like. I just think it's silly to question it to the degree that you are, but whatever.

Last edited:
    It's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical about this, what with everyone on the internet being so responsible, and phone calls being so hard to make.

I mean, good grief. Of course it was crank called. It's easy to verify that the number was widely available and actively distributed, it's inevitable that it got crank called. The idea that everyone who usually does that kind of thing suddenly showed restraint, out of what, respect for the democratic process in Iowa? If you buy that, I have some bridges I'd like to sell you.

I would hate to be on trial and have you guys in the jury. "Who cares if there is any proof, of course he did it"

Also, if this was so obvious and the government failed to be ready for it, this is a good case to show why government should not be in charge of anything.

I would hate to be on trial and have you guys in the jury. "Who cares if there is any proof, of course he did it"

Also, if this was so obvious and the government failed to be ready for it, this is a good case to show why government should not be in charge of anything.

What are you even talking about? This wasn't run by "the government".

There isn t really any point in redoing the caucus.

Iowa isn’t about the delegates, it’s about the bounce and that is already lost for this cycle.

The outcome isn’t going to change by more than a couple of delegates. Those won’t matter in the end.

Comprehension is important. I said that "crank calling obviously happened", not "this specific individual did it."

Are you doing a bit?

Because there's no way you're seriously using the inept organisation of the Iowa democratic congress as an argument against the entire, separate, national government. Right?

4Chan got half the Country to believe :perfect: is a racist symbol. So they have that going for them which is nice I guess.

4chan made it a racist symbol.

Symbols only mean what we believe they mean. A person doing it intentionally at this point is only doing it because they know people think it’s racist. Which is the same thing as it being racist.

Who should be in charge of things? Obviously not us because the government is us.

We can’t put the blame on the government when we pick the government. Maybe we’re the problem, have you been to wal-mart lately?

4chan made it a racist symbol.

Symbols only mean what we believe they mean. A person doing it intentionally at this point is only doing it because they know people think it’s racist. Which is the same thing as it being racist.
    We can't go around making up reality because stupid people believe stupid things.

And the Democratic party was incharge of the Iowa fiasco. The same party asking you to put your faith in them in providing to you all your wants and needs.

We can't go around making up reality because stupid people believe stupid things.

And the Democratic party was incharge of the Iowa fiasco. The same party asking you to put your faith in them in providing to you all your wants and needs.

Again, many people in the Democratic party (myself) clearly don't trust either party. That's why we're trying to put more of the working population in charge as a means of self-correction. Not continuing to cower to corporate oligarchs while on the same hand saying 'i don't trust the government'.

Symbols are all made up. They are whatever people believe they are, and if someone is doing it to get a rise out of someone who thinks it is racist, then they are doing it because it is racist.

I don’t trust either political party. None of us should.

We should not have party controlled primaries. We need to have a general primary and a runoff. Not just for presidential elections, everything.

We have seen time and time again - its the accusation that matters, not the verification.

The GOP should put that slogan on T-shirts to give to people at the polls this fall as they cast another vote for the guy who popularized birtherism in 2012, "lock her up" in 2016, and who recently asked a foreign leader to "announce" an investigation into his 2020 rival in exchange for a 9-figure aid package.

We can even flip the meaning if applied to accusations against Trump: "Yes, we know all the Ukraine accusations have been verified... but we need the whistleblower's testimony because, as we said, it's the accusation that matters, not the verification... As long as we can fault the accuser for something, it no longer matters that the accusations have been verified."

I thought Coldseat overstated the claim the article made about chaos caused by the trolls, but if people want to make this a referendum on baseless accusations, they should at least forfeit the right to defend Trump from here on out.

I am not trying to be all "conspiracy theory guy" but as I understand, and if I am wrong correct me, but Pete's campaign gave tens of thousands of dollars to the software company that developed the now famed app at the center of the Iowa caucus disaster, and Oh by the way, Mayor Pete declared victory before any release of the actual counts or any actual results were released.

That's fishy AF
    Looks like the purchased a software license. I'm sure the campaigns were all offered.

Come on, everything is because of Russia, they are all-powerful

Russia is a convenient excuse for the incompetent people in the Democratic party that lost to a reality TV show host, placed their hopes on winning the White House back on Mueller & Ukraine only to see Trump's approval ratings rise. A lot of those same incompetent people are still in the same or similar positions.

Now look at the mess in Iowa that seems to be a mix of incompetence and trying to stop Bernie.

"We" do go around making up reality because stupid people believe stupid things.

And y'all are right in this respect. We don't need the Russians to spread disinformation to us. We're doing a great job of that ourselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom