How to improve American Education in 2021. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul

Reaction score
    Latin American from Potomac, Maryland 20854
    The most recent PISA results, from 2015, placed the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science. Among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which sponsors the PISA initiative, the U.S. ranked 30th in math and 19th in science.

My suggestion is rather simple.

1. Study why immigrants from East Asia, India, and Nigeria do well with American education. Apply that insight to other groups (if possible).
    2. Manage public schools as if though they were private schools with uniforms and discipline.
    3. Create high end special schools for those that are truly disenfranchised.
    4. Create a force of social workers to treat family dysfunction with regards to education.
    5. Reduce the curriculum to the simple basics and repeat that on a yearly basis.
    6. At about 10th grade divide college bound students away from non-college bound.
    7. Provide solid basic education and trade training for non-college bound kids. There is no point in offering free college to these kids.

Last edited:
    I just did. It seems it is not the answer you wanted. Try practicing self reliance rather than having the government take care of your problems.
    Wanting the government to take care of other people's problems is called being part of a society.

I don't want the government to help poor people because I am currently a poor person, it isn't a selfish reason.

Telling poor people to be self reliant, as an excuse to get out of having to participate in a society, is entirely selfish.

I just did. It seems it is not the answer you wanted. Try practicing self reliance rather than having the government take care of your problems.
    No, this is the question which you still have not answered: Back to the original question you avoided: do you think topics of health, safety, and he right to pee in peace are political topics?

DO YOU THINK THOSE THREE THINGS ARE POLITICAL? YES OR NO?

Try not to derp all over yourself in avoiding answering again.

Health: Don't do drugs or shoot each other in the streets. Avoid obesity, smoking, drinking, and exercise.

Safety: Do not be violent.

They have been urinating for centuries. Not an issue.

Are they political topics?

From my perspective no. But for others it may be.

Health, safety, and bathrooms should not be political. That is just my opinion.

I agree. And I am willing to bet we both agree that it's wrong to make these into political issues, right?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dads-louisiana-high-school-student-violence/

I was thinking about putting this in the BLM thread since this action is in direct oppositions to one of the key tenants of BLM (nuclear family) but this thread works just as well.

This. This is how we correct the course. All kids need positive role models. Masculinity should be celebrated, not labeled as toxic. Parents need to take back education in this country or we will continue to get entitled, ill adjusted, self involved weak people. Cheers to those Dad for standing up their kids and community! We need these groups in every school.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dads-louisiana-high-school-student-violence/

I was thinking about putting this in the BLM thread since this action is in direct oppositions to one of the key tenants of BLM (nuclear family) but this thread works just as well.

This. This is how we correct the course. All kids need positive role models. Masculinity should be celebrated, not labeled as toxic. Parents need to take back education in this country or we will continue to get entitled, ill adjusted, self involved weak people. Cheers to those Dad for standing up their kids and community! We need these groups in every school.
    BLM is not against a nuclear family.

Masculinity and Toxic Masculinity are not the same thing.

I agree, this story is something to be celebrated.

For the first time ever we agree.

We agree that these are issues that shouldn't be political, though some make them political. That's a good start.

The next question I have is what do you consider "making them political" entails?

You kids aren't your property, they belong to all of us.
    Is this your belief or are you relating the alt-left mindset? I really hope that is not your belief and if so, who is 'US'?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom