How Right Wing Media is Lying About the Power Outages in TX (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This just illustrates why lawyers for Fox were able to successfully defend Tucker by claiming no reasonable person expects to get facts from him.

How are people fooled by this? The minute I saw the fake claim on social media that the “windmills are all frozen” I was skeptical. There are windmills all over the North. It just didn’t make sense.

My state Congressman was quick to blame the windmills and green energy. It plays to the base as evidenced by one guy who replied on the Facebook page with a "Drill Baby Drill" meme. It supports their beliefs, so they look no further. This was a failure of de-regulation, plain and simple.

We had a plant close to us shut down because it wasn't winterized, and it was a gas plant. The facts are staring people in the face, but some people don't want to hear it. They aren't being fooled. They don't want the truth.

What boggles me about people obsessed with coal and fossil fuels -- and I'm not geologist so maybe I'm wrong -- but isn't it a finite resource? Seems to me it would be smart thinking to start planning a contingency.

That's commie talk. This is all that pinko liberal tree hugging commie Joe Biden's fault!

What boggles me about people obsessed with coal and fossil fuels -- and I'm not geologist so maybe I'm wrong -- but isn't it a finite resource? Seems to me it would be smart thinking to start planning a contingency.

I think the "big bad" is the loss of jobs in the sector. Why no one recognizes there will be new jobs opening in the green sector is its own question.

This just illustrates why lawyers for Fox were able to successfully defend Tucker by claiming no reasonable person expects to get facts from him.

How are people fooled by this? The minute I saw the fake claim on social media that the “windmills are all frozen” I was skeptical. There are windmills all over the North. It just didn’t make sense.

You still sue. Fox has shown they flinch when the billion dollar lawsuits get filed.

It's not obsession with fossil fuels; it is that the Dems are pushing for green energy. Had Gringrich promoted green energy in the 90's instead of Al Gore, we would all be driving electric today.

It's not obsession with fossil fuels; it is that the Dems are pushing for green energy. Had Gringrich promoted green energy in the 90's instead of Al Gore, we would all be driving electric today.

Maybe, but that wasn't ever going to happen because Gingrich and his ilk like money too much, and the OG energy companies had the money.

Maybe, but that wasn't ever going to happen because Gingrich and his ilk like money too much, and the OG energy companies had the money.

Yeah I mean at the end of the day Tucker Carlson, and the rest of the gang got their propaganda lines from someone. You can bet that someone is taking money from oil, and gas.

I think the "big bad" is the loss of jobs in the sector. Why no one recognizes there will be new jobs opening in the green sector is its own question.
    It is a "a big bad" at least in the temporary, short-run, and a lot of oil/natural gas workers and loyal Democratic power brokers---powerful labor unions in Upper Midwest(Minnesota, Wisconsin), and Dakotas, really took in on the chin very hard and weren't exactly reticent in making their sentiments known to Biden Administration especially after most of these same unions urged their members, to vote for Biden.

"Green jobs" do create a new job market but its an industry thats far more high-tech saavy, requires more intense vocational training and more of a solid college education to at least advance up in the mid-upper level corporate administration then necessarily in certain aspects of the oil and natural gas industries. For people like me, who are still young, we can more easily adapt to it, perhaps, from a pragmatic and economics standpoint, but for oil and natural gas lifers who've worked in those industries for 20-30 years and are in mid-50's, but are maybe 10 years away from a good, decent retirement, they'd be closer to retirement in the time it would take for some of them to be retrained to learn one of the many new jobs in the "green, renewable energy" sector.

Their are also some, individually, who find it difficult to know their hard work in these same industries is being criticized and these jobs are slowly being eliminated, it might create a bit of existential crisis of "Well, was it all just an enormous waste of my time, did me and several generations of oil/natural gas workers workers chose the wrong profession to slave away at for our entire lives".

It is a "a big bad" at least in the temporary, short-run, and a lot of oil/natural gas workers and loyal Democratic power brokers---powerful labor unions in Upper Midwest(Minnesota, Wisconsin), and Dakotas, really took in on the chin very hard and weren't exactly reticent in making their sentiments known to Biden Administration especially after most of these same unions urged their members, to vote for Biden.

"Green jobs" do create a new job market but its an industry thats far more high-tech saavy, requires more intense vocational training and more of a solid college education to at least advance up in the mid-upper level corporate administration then necessarily in certain aspects of the oil and natural gas industries. For people like me, who are still young, we can more easily adapt to it, perhaps, from a pragmatic and economics standpoint, but for oil and natural gas lifers who've worked in those industries for 20-30 years and are in mid-50's, but are maybe 10 years away from a good, decent retirement, they'd be closer to retirement in the time it would take for some of them to be retrained to learn one of the many new jobs in the "green, renewable energy" sector.

Their are also some, individually, who find it difficult to know their hard work in these same industries is being criticized and these jobs are slowly being eliminated, it might create a bit of existential crisis of "Well, was it all just an enormous waste of my time, did me and several generations of oil/natural gas workers workers chose the wrong profession to slave away at for our entire lives".

That is where an intensive job training program is needed. A lot of the knowledge used by oil workers are still very valid when it comes
    to wind turbines. We had a similar program where those who enrolled were paid a wage while going through training and were guarantied well paying jobs if they completed the training. That program was targeting oil workers from North sea platforms and training them to build and maintain our Ocean wind farms. Likewise shipyard workers who used to build oilplatforms..

If the transition to green energy is going to be a success it is very important that all elements are taken care of. In the linked story this shipyard was transformed to a test and building center for deep sea windmills and 2500 out of 3000 workers kept their jobs after completing retraining.

https://www.regionsyddanmark.dk/wm505234

This " don't have power because green energy cant work in the cold" has completely overrun my FB feed.

As if the coal and natural gas plants are still working....lol.

I am so tired of this believe which facts you choose to believe reality that we live in today.

Well, if all the gasoline-powered cars switched to electricity, you'd need to have a very significant increase in power generation and distribution to power all of those car batteries. Where will it come from ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom