Harris VP watch (10 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I’ll address it - it happened in freaking 2006 and he has cleared it up years ago.
The incident happened in 95, but the issue is lying about it in 2006

Does he win that race if he doesn’t?

We’ve said that legend of Donald Trump really took off when he lied to get on the Fortune or Forbes list

For Trump is just a part of a pattern that was there long before and afterwards and Walz’ appears to be an out of character one off (and I certainly hope that it is)

It’s certainly going to be brought up so they need to be prepared for it

The incident happened in 95, but the issue is lying about it in 2006

Does he win that race if he doesn’t?

We’ve said that legend of Donald Trump really took off when he lied to get on the Fortune or Forbes list

For Trump is just a part of a pattern that was there long before and afterwards and Walz’ appears to be an out of character one off (and I certainly hope that it is)

It’s certainly going to be brought up so they need to be prepared for it
That’s fine. But it’s been dealt with many times over the years since then. It’s old news.

Now this will need to be addressed
=====================

CNN) — When Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz first ran for Congress in 2006, his campaign repeatedly made false statements about the details of his 1995 arrest for drunk and reckless driving.

According to court and police records connected to the incident, Walz admitted in court that he had been drinking when he was pulled over for driving 96 mph in a 55 mph zone in Nebraska. Walz was then transported by a state trooper to a local hospital for a blood test, showing he had a blood alcohol level of .128, well above the state’s legal limit of 0.1 at the time.

But in 2006, his campaign repeatedly told the press that he had not been drinking that night, claiming that his failed field sobriety test was due to a misunderstanding related to hearing loss from his time in the National Guard. The campaign also claimed that Walz was allowed to drive himself to jail that night.

None of that was true.

A CNN KFile review of statements made by the Walz campaign at the time reveals numerous discrepancies between how the campaign described the events and the facts of what actually took place that night.

“The DUI charge was dropped for a Reason: it wasn’t true,” Walz’s then-campaign communications director told local news in 2006. “The trooper had him drive to the station and then leave on his own after being at the station. Tim feels bad about speeding and has paid the ticket and apologized to his family at the time it happened.”

In fact, the incident’s police report clearly states that Walz was transported by police to a local hospital for blood alcohol testing after being arrested. And this week, Nebraska state police confirmed to CNN that Walz was taken by a state trooper to jail…….

A 1995 DUI (30yrs ago) and 2006 campaign statements (20yrs ago) vs Trump and Vance lies today. Yeah not worried about tough questions about a Minny guy drinking. It may get him Wisc votes.

A 1995 DUI (30yrs ago) and 2006 campaign statements (20yrs ago) vs Trump and Vance lies today. Yeah not worried about tough questions about a Minny guy drinking. It may get him Wisc votes.

Especially one who eats curds and brats.

He was in Nebraska then.

That’s fine. But it’s been dealt with many times over the years since then. It’s old news.
I agree but a few weeks ago I had never even heard of Tim Walz so it definitely isn’t old news to me

I’m just saying this is more than Stolen Valor or Tampon Tim which isn’t sticking GOP may/will try to make this a big deal

Need to make sure it doesn’t

Today I read that MAGA accounts are calling Walz a liar for saying he didn’t like really spicy food, yet he once submitted a recipe for a dish to a magazine that contained chili powder. I am not kidding this is what they are doing today. Even more ridiculous are the ones saying he is purposefully playing a fool for Harris as part of a plot to denigrate white men and make them look weak and buffoonish. 🤦‍♀️

I fully expect MAGA to go to this level soon:

Walz just seems like a good man, again, someone who knows how to connect with people. Meanwhile Harris is beaming in the background, you can see a genuine appreciation for what her running mate brings to the campaign.

Tim Walz is +5 on favorability. The other candidates are Harris -3, Vance - 9.4, Trump -9.6. I'd vote for Walz for nominee over Harris if given the option. I suspect a number of Dems see Harris/Walz as a package deal. The DNC has been doing a solid job since 2008 outside of Hillary/Kaine of "covering the bases".

Tim Walz is +5 on favorability. The other candidates are Harris -3, Vance - 9.4, Trump -9.6. I'd vote for Walz for nominee over Harris if given the option. I suspect a number of Dems see Harris/Walz as a package deal. The DNC has been doing a solid job since 2008 outside of Hillary/Kaine of "covering the bases".
Hillary didn’t want anyone that would upstage her. So it was a vanilla pick.

There’s reaching

There’s ridiculous

And then there’s whatever you call this
===================

Republican Senator Ron Johnson attacked Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Walz over his ties to China, claiming it’s a red flag that the “radical leftist” got married “on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square.”

Speaking to Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business, the Wisconsin lawmaker and member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee said of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris and her running mate: “She’s a radical leftist. She chose another radical leftist. They’re just assuming the mainstream media is not going to cover his background.……

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom