/* */

Harris VP watch (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Like I said, I would have gone for Kelly, but that’s just me.

How would she explain that to her Jewish husband?

Rumors on the right are that multiple people turned down the offer to be her VP, which at first blush just seems like bad intel, but then you have folks on this site saying that Kamala accepted this opportunity due to others turning it down (to to the closeness to the election), and then it doesn’t seem to far fetched.

I’m interested to see how this plays out.

Yet they turned in all this information about their lives like an open book to the campaign to scrutinize. If you believe that I have some prime real estate to sell you.

But it’s what all the surrogates from the right are saying. I’ve seen it said multiple times already.

Rumors from the right are about as real as the left saying Trump is going to drop Vance. Just wishful thinking and anything that creates divisiveness or negative press.
    I mean, his response to what happened in Minneapolis wasn’t great…was it?
    How would she explain that to her Jewish husband?

Yet they turned in all this information about their lives like an open book to the campaign to scrutinize. If you believe that I have some prime real estate to sell you
    According to the left Trump hated Jews, however his SIL is Jewish.

How cheap is this real estate you are selling?

The situation surrounding VP Harris has been discussed by many (on the left) here in MAP, that Harris was the only one who would run if Biden dropped out, because nobody else would be willing or able to muster much of a campaign on such short notice.

As to the rumors that others didn’t want to serve alongside Harris, they are just rumors at this point.

The issue was the delegates were already pledged to Biden, and the only candidate most of them had meet was Kamala. From a pratical standpoint, a open convention was most likely delaying the inevitable. Kamala would have been the massive favorite.

It also didn't help that Ohio Republicans tried to throw a wrench into everthing and have a insanely earlier nomination deadline.

The issue was the delegates were already pledged to Biden, and the only candidate most of them had meet was Kamala. From a pratical standpoint, a open convention was most likely delaying the inevitable. Kamala would have been the massive favorite.

It also didn't help that Ohio Republicans tried to throw a wrench into everthing and have an insanely earlier nomination deadline.
    Do you think any other candidate would have jumped at the chance to face Trump this close to the election?

In a better scenario, yes? Newsom, Waltz, Shaprio, Whitmer, and Buttigieg would have all ran in a true open convention with 6 weeks to campaign.
    But they turned it down? Even against the shark and (whatever) batteries guy?

So anyone would have jumped at the chance?

Why are you posing this as a hypocritical when we know what actually happened. Nobody jumped at the chance. Partly because nobody else would be able to mount as effective of a campaign in such a short time, partly because Biden endorsed her and partly because Democratic enthusiasm coalesced behind Harris so quickly. And also because she's been able to keep that enthusiasm going. It all came together for her.

Last edited:
    Why are you posing this as a hypocritical we know what actually happened. Nobody jumped at the chance. Partly because nobody else would be able to mount as effective of a campaign in such a short time, partly because Biden endorsed he and partly because Democratic enthusiasm coalesced behind Harris so quickly. And also because she's been able to keep that enthusiasm going. It all came together for her.
    I’m just saying that the rumors of people passing on being VP to Harris, or running opposite Trump aren’t all that far fetched, in fact, they are likely probable.

Rumors on the right are that multiple people turned down the offer to be her VP...

As to the rumors that others didn’t want to serve alongside Harris...

I’m just saying that the rumors of people passing on being VP to Harris...
    If you keep repeating anti-Harris rumors while acknowledging they are rumors while never repeating any negative known facts about Trump, then yeah...you a Trump supporter.

According to the left Trump hated Jews, however his SIL is Jewish.
    I hate Trump as much as anyone, and I can't recall any media source or social media I follow going with "Trump hates Jews." We despise Trump and want to defeat him for numerous reasons, but I've never heard of that one. I'm curious where this narrative comes from.

But it's funny that now Vance wants to run the "Kamala didn't pick Shapiro because she's anti-semitic." If the GOP is so pro-Jewish, why haven't they ever nominated one to be on a Presidential ticket?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom