/* */

Harris VP watch (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

So the MAGA morons are doubling down on the misogyny to go along with their racism and sexism by berating Walz for...........

Wait for it.............

for advocating for free Tampons in public schools?

I can understand that the southern strategy by way of insulting women, blacks, and other historically-oppressed minorities plays to the base, and RAGING AGAINST THE WOKE PEOPLE, but considering how a younger candidate who happens to be a woman of color has galvanized Democratic voters, esp. young people and women, this kind of rhetoric will eventually have diminishing returns--and in fact, may backfire.

I guess we're going to be subjected to the culture wars in lieu of discussion of substantive policy?
    The 16 strategy isn’t a winning one anymore. Since that election, you’ve gotten an entire block of new voters. Diverse voters.
    And, quite honestly, the Maga block has been shrinking because of old age.

So the MAGA morons are doubling down on the misogyny to go along with their racism and sexism by berating Walz for...........

Wait for it.............

for advocating for free Tampons in public schools?
    that's because a majority of MAGA men think a woman can just turn it off when she wants and if she needs them at school, she's just being woke.
    they really have no clue and don't care how a women's body works.

Did you put any time and effort into finding out if it was true?

How did you come across that tweet?

What do you know about the person that made it?
    It seems like a good bit of those accusations are true.

I really don’t care about the rest, it’s just an interesting stance he has taken on so many issues.

Like I said, I would have gone with Kelly, however perhaps Kelly didn’t want to get in bed with this ticket.

There's no indication that Harris hesitated to pick Shapiro because he was jewish in order to appease anti-Jewish bigots. If that was the case she'd probably be getting a divorce right now and Shapiro wouldn't have been in the final two picks. That's a bad take by Jones. One that you'd expect from Republicans and which they're no doubt going to say was the case.

That's just silly. Kelly was auditioning for the roll just like all the rest were.

He just didn't make the cut and that's okay. She was only ever going to pick one VP.
    Rumors on the right are that multiple people turned down the offer to be her VP, which at first blush just seems like bad intel, but then you have folks on this site saying that Kamala accepted this opportunity due to others turning it down (to to the closeness to the election), and then it doesn’t seem to far fetched.

I’m interested to see how this plays out.

There's no indication that Harris hesitated to pick Shapiro because he was jewish in order to appease anti-Jewish bigots. If that was the case she'd probably be getting a divorce right now and Shapiro wouldn't have been in the final two picks. That's a bad take by Jones. One that you'd expect from Republicans and which they're no doubt going to say was the case.
    I wish he would expound on that thought.

I think he said as much as he's willing to point out before he's called a zionist

I wasn't aware Minneapolis "burned to the ground"... but if so, that was a great job of rebuilding the city, and in only 4 years. Look how great it looks today:

1722967483121.png

Yeah, it was a poor choice of words on the posters part.

Rumors on the right are that multiple people turned down the offer to be her VP, which at first blush just seems like bad intel, but then you have folks on this site saying that Kamala accepted this opportunity due to others turning it down (to to the closeness to the election), and then it doesn’t seem to far fetched.

I’m interested to see how this plays out.

What? We actually know that everybody that the campaign was interested in and doing background checks on was interested in being picked for VP with the exception of Roy Copper. When did you hear of anybody else turning her down at all?

Given all of the energy behind Harris, that's just silly and baseless. Kamala was always going to be the front runner if Biden dropped out. Others didn't need to drop out, she solidified all of the Democratic support quickly after Biden endorsed her.

I agree, and I am more inclined to think (if anything) the optics about that sexual harassment stuff was more of a factor. Because you don't want that souring the opinion of women voters

Yeah, it was a poor choice of words on the posters part.
    But it’s what all the surrogates from the right are saying. I’ve seen it said multiple times already.

Rumors from the right are about as real as the left saying Trump is going to drop Vance. Just wishful thinking and anything that creates divisiveness or negative press.

It seems like a good bit of those accusations are true.

I really don’t care about the rest, it’s just an interesting stance he has taken on so many issues.

Like I said, I would have gone with Kelly, however perhaps Kelly didn’t want to get in bed with this ticket.

Those are all nothing burgers. The DFL passed a ton of progressive legislation since taking back the senate.

Also, Waltz fits into the modern day VP pick idea. You need a guy who can go on tv, and articulate your messaging. Him, and Buttigieg were by far the best surrogates for the campaign.

I do love conseratives faking outrage at midwest levels of spicy takes.

What? We actually know that everybody that the campaign was interested in and doing background checks on was interested in being picked for VP with the exception of Roy Copper. When did you hear of anybody else turning her down at all?

Given all of the energy behind Harris, that's just silly and baseless. Kamala was always going to be the front runner if Biden dropped out. Others didn't need to drop out, she solidified all of the Democratic support quickly after Biden endorsed her.
    The situation surrounding VP Harris has been discussed by many (on the left) here in MAP, that Harris was the only one who would run if Biden dropped out, because nobody else would be willing or able to muster much of a campaign on such short notice.

As to the rumors that others didn’t want to serve alongside Harris, they are just rumors at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom