/* */

General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    The only right they had was to invite them as guests. They were told not to photograph or take videos. It’s not even necessarily on Trump but his campaign.
    Has he said anything or has it just been campaign representatives?
    It was a campaign/publicity stunt, so the rules and decorum of the Cemetery DID NOT matter. It’s simple as that.

Trump treated Arlington likes he treats the country.

And this is why there are rules against what Trump did. This caused pain for this soldier’s family.

He is STANDING ON THE GRAVE of a fallen soldier, smiling and giving a "thumbs up".

It's beyond anything I've ever seen. I can't imagine anyone defending this.

Shoot, his largest supporter here has yet to comment on any of it and I suspect he never will.

He is STANDING ON THE GRAVE of a fallen soldier, smiling and giving a "thumbs up".

It's beyond anything I've ever seen. I can't imagine anyone defending this.

Shoot, his largest supporter here has yet to comment on any of it and I suspect he never will.
    But here’s the thing. Walz represented he retired as a command sergeant major.

And the Arlington official (a woman) who was physically assaulted by Trump campaign staffers has declined to press charges because she is concerned about getting death threats from MAGA. These people are sick.
    The MAGA movement’s tolerance/endorsement of political violence is a real concern. It’s a large reason why so many serving GOP politicians are such appeasers, and those who don’t bend the knee are run out and/or need to spend obscene amounts of their own money for security details. J6 is the most vivid example of this undercurrent.

And these same people accuse Democrats for an assassination attempt on their Dear Leader - without waiting for even a moment for the facts to come out.

Nothing serves the country better than the truth and seeing the truth of who Trump is best done by his microphone not being muted during the debate.

This is exactly why his microphone should not be muted.

The most important thing for Americans to see in the debate is just how terrible a person Trump is, so his microphone should not be muted. What you want would help Trump hide who he is. That's a bad thing and does a disservice to our country. Keep that snake Trump out in the open under a high noon sun. Do not let him slither into the cover of the grass and shadows to hide who he is.

You seem to be operating from a place of trying to make things normal. There is no normal to be had with anything involving Trump and that needs to be fully and constantly exposed for everyone to see. We have to make decisions grounded in the reality as it is. It's a mistake to make decisions based on how we wished reality were.

So you think someone doesn't know what a terrible person Trump is, and would be engaged enough in politics to watch a debate? I don't think those people exist, because he isn't an unknown commodity. Might as well not have the debate if it's going to unintelligible. I want to be able to hear both of them. I would like to see something close to an Oxford style debate where a portion of the debate is a an exchange between the debaters, during which both mics can be live, and Trump can show his stripes, but muting must be used for the majority of the debate to make it a worthwhile exchange. Hearing their ideas, or lack thereof is more important than some fantasy of reaching someone that would watch a presidential debate and yet doesn't know what type of person Trump is.

So you think someone doesn't know what a terrible person Trump is, and would be engaged enough in politics to watch a debate? I don't think those people exist, because he isn't an unknown commodity. Might as well not have the debate if it's going to unintelligible. I want to be able to hear both of them. I would like to see something close to an Oxford style debate where a portion of the debate is a an exchange between the debaters, during which both mics can be live, and Trump can show his stripes, but muting must be used for the majority of the debate to make it a worthwhile exchange. Hearing their ideas, or lack thereof is more important than some fantasy of reaching someone that would watch a presidential debate and yet doesn't know what type of person Trump is.
    I don't think food fights are worthwhile unless they serve berry pies:

So you think someone doesn't know what a terrible person Trump is...
    Yes, some still do not. Also, those of us who do are best served if we see it every day until Jan 6th. Complacently is something that a lot of voters can very easily and very quickly slip into. There are a lot of voters who aren't as "informed" or "engaged" as you present yourself as being.

Most voters will only remember the clips from the debate that run in campaign ads and get posted all over the internet. The best clips that will help Harris and Hurt Trump would be the clips of Trump speaking over Harris into a hot microphone. That is when the distilled essence of Trump is most prominently on display.

No debate involving Trump will ever be an intelligible debate. Trying to make an intelligible debate with Trump happen is like trying to make a unicorn galloping up a rainbow with Bigfoot riding on its back happen. It never has happened and it never will happen. Since it's not possible to have an intelligible debate involving Trump, the best thing to do is continually expose him as much as possible. The microphones remaining on for the entirety of the debate is the best way to continually expose Trump.

The only exposure of Trump that would ever be too much for voters, would be him running around in the emperor’s new clothes. Ain’t nobody got the stomach for that.

Put whatever spin you want on it dude. Trump and his cult followers (you included) keep calling her dumb, but it’s all projection. She is far smarter than your boy. She hasn’t done interviews because she hasn’t had to - while your boy increases his interviews to try and draw a contrast (and tbh because he can’t live without attention), but every interview he does just demonstrates how dumb and unfit for the Presidency he is.

So far Kamala’s strategy is working just fine.
    You guys claimed Biden was fine until he was exposed after the debate although the true Blue Anon still claim Biden is fine cognitively.

Now you all are defending a presidential candidate who never received a single vote from voters, has been hiding from reporters and the media, doesn't have any policy positions on her website, and that she is unable to sit down for an interview by herself.

Who's in the cult again?

I find some of the political strategy interesting.

Harris is positioning herself as the change candidate, somewhat, which is interesting b/c she's part of the current administration. But she's banking on how unlikeable Trump is, and she is still a fresh face. And although she's 60, she is just clearly younger, more coherent and put together than Trump or Biden. To that end, giving detailed policy speeches or long interviews with the media doesn't help her much. The less she can be nailed down to certain positions, the more people can project on her what they want... and not alienate people who might not like certain policies she may endorse.

This is not a bad strategy b/c Trump himself is notoriously light on policy. There was the Project 2025 policy, which is probably something of a template that Trump's administration will try to push through, but it's enormoulsy unpopular and Trump is trying to run away from it. SFL tried to post policies, but all that was, was a list of things he'd like to see happen without actual policies on how to make that happen. So, this race doesn't really come down to a policy/wonkish choice.

We generally know what they'll do though. Trump will push for more tax cuts, specifically skewed to the wealthy, less regulation (including environmental protections), probably less support for Ukraine, probably less pushback on authoritarian regimes and less emphasis on multilateral alliances, attempted mass deportations. Harris will push for tax hikes on wealthy and corporations, not sure on her emphasis on climate change, but will probably keep what is in place now. She'll probably continue the Democrats shift away from a friendly immigration policy to something more like what they had 15 years ago.

Something along those lines.

She's also shifted from making Trump seem threatening, and more pointing out how ridiculous he is. It definitely annoys him more, and probably erodes some of the support he gets from people who want a tough guy president. It's hard to imagine that when you laugh at him and then point out how he just whines like a hormonal teenager.
    You find it an interesting political strategy to hide a candidate that hasn't received a single vote, doesn't have any policy positions on her website, has been hiding from reporters and interviews and who can't do an interview by herself?

From the party that is the supposed protector of democracy?

You guys claimed Biden was fine until he was exposed after the debate although the true Blue Anon still claim Biden is fine cognitively.

Now you all are defending a presidential candidate who never received a single vote from voters, has been hiding from reporters and the media, doesn't have any policy positions on her website, and that she is unable to sit down for an interview by herself.

Who's in the cult again?
    None of this is true - there’s no such thing as Blue Anon. Harris received the votes of thousands of delegates - who are also voters and who were in fact elected by voters to cast their votes for the nominee.

She has publicized policy proposals - they exist even if her website isn’t detailing them. We have an entire thread here discussing them, we have seen analyses by 2 financial groups of these proposals.

She has been interacting with press at her rallies. I’ve seen these sound bites. She’s been doing a ton of rallies and campaign events. That you call this hiding just exposes you for the partisan that you are.

This entire post of yours is just sad, actually. You have nothing except blind hatred for anyone except Trump. I cannot imagine being so enamored of a man who is clearly deficient of common decency. You must know he would never lift a finger to help you or anyone else but himself.

I mean - I feel like Harris is doing a rope-a-dope on your boy. The Biden campaign’s strategy for the debate was to draw a contrast, and it did but not in the way they expected. Before the debate Trump was cool with just laying low and playing golf. Now there is a different candidate and Trump has no choice but to get himself out there. And expose himself to the American voters for who he is.
    Not only that - he now finds himself having to defend and spend money in GA, NC, AZ etc. Money that he doesn’t have, frankly. His position just doesn’t look good.

Who's in the cult again?
    If your false god croaked your party would select whoever they wanted to be at the top of the ticket and that would include the idiot, JD Vance.

As for declining? Remove the plank from your eye.

Why do you hate America?

You find it an interesting political strategy to hide a candidate that hasn't received a single vote, doesn't have any policy positions on her website, has been hiding from reporters and interviews and who can't do an interview by herself?

From the party that is the supposed protector of democracy?
    Political parties can do what they wish. There are SCOTUS cases that support that.

Why do you hate America?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom