/* */

General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Your reading comprehension sucks. So show us where it says that Harris was asking to use notes, or to sit down. In fact the AP article points out those are claims from the Trump campaign only with zero proof. Harris campaign denies asking for anything except to unmute the mics.
    cause he knows Trump does not need notes. but thats because he makes it up on the fly. she is going to shoot him down in flames.

Nobody ever said they couldn’t invite him and nobody said he couldn’t go. What is true is that he was warned not to take campaign staff back to the gravesites and not to do his own filming and photography back there. He agreed to that and then had his campaign staff ignore the law and his agreements and assault a woman who works at the cemetery when she tried to keep him from violating the law. He has since released a campaign ad using the footage. He didn’t show up to honor anyone but himself. It’s beyond obvious.
    and if ANC followed through with trying to uphold the law, Trump and his organization would have cried foul and try to spin it as some how Biden woudn't allow it..
    Trump has no respect for rules like this and has zero respect for veterens..

Okay, so I just read a perspective from the Arlington mess that I had missed. It’s even worse than I thought. I was confused about why Trump would be laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier because he’s not in government any more, but then I read that any family can request a private ceremony and that’s what happened. Okay.

But here is what I forgot - in the original hullabaloo from the Trump campaign - his surrogates were claiming that the fact that neither Harris nor Biden showed up proved they didn’t care about the soldiers who lost their lives. So they manufactured an event at the cemetery - a private event no less - and then criticized Harris for not showing up.

These are the kinds of really weird people they have in charge of the campaign. Unfortunately for them, the blatant disregard for the law and the assault of the cemetery official have overtaken their preferred talking point.

And my conclusion is - they still got nothing to attack her with. They’re flailing around, much like our current MAGA poster.

There is a real problem when politicians, mostly Republicans proclaim, “elect me and I’ll lower your taxes!” Traditionally the way this works under the GOP, there is zero discussion of our expenses, what we want, and how we plan on paying for it. The real gotcha is that average citizens get a $1 reduction, while the wealthy get $10k (relative), our infrastructure and social spending run in the red (contributing to national debt), and then patriotic Republicans sigh, “I’m so sorry we don’t have enough $$ to feed your starving kids, or even educate them” with their crocodile tears.

The Republican Party has been directly, mostly responsible for running the Nation into debt since Reagan, all the while wrapped in a faux fiscally responsible cloak. In essence, cut revenue but not expenses, pandering to the wealthy, then try to fool everyone about the cause. 🤔
    The RWNJs are pushing the false capital gains tax all over social media, try to convince people that the capital gains tax will have eveyone paying that tax on their houses, but what they conviently leave out is the part where it only applies to people making $100m... why they defend these mega rich guys is beyond me..

You are talking about Trump dismantling this democratic republic while you sidestep your party doing their very best to do that themselves.

Time to pop that bubble that you are living in.
    You, who absolutely refuses to address the threat of DJT in any manner has zero integrity. Maybe if you admitted he’s a traitor, but “a good traitor for the following reasons”, you might have slightly more integrity regarding logical thought processes. As is, continuing with massive, disengenious projection is not working for you.

Need a blatant example? You accuse Harris of executing a coup, while DJT is orchestrating the dismantling of the Republic. Oh, that’s clever. 🙂↔️ Bottom line, you are a political opportunist, hypocrite, preaching to the wrong crowd. The problem you are having is that most of us are not the Faux News crowd, and educated enough not to be susceptible to ludicrous arguments and outright lies. My guess is you’re the hit of the party in the MAGA circles you frequent or at least are considered loyal to the rebellion. A rebellion against democracy, based on fantasies and deceit. 😔

don't let Trump and his cronies distance themselves from this
    =======================

You can be forgiven for thinking Vice-President Kamala Harris’s first attack ad against Donald Trump seems a little far-fetched. Launched this week, the television spot has all the hallmarks of a YouTube video promoting an internet conspiracy theory. There’s the obligatory scary music and the baritone narrator warning about a mysterious manifesto with the kind of cartoonish name that a Bond villain would label his blueprint for global conquest: Project 2025.

And yet, this isn’t a Dr Evil send-up: Project 2025 is very real, it is absolutely Trump’s agenda and it wasn’t some slapdash screed that came out of nowhere. It is the culmination of the 50-year plot that our reporters at the Lever have uncovered in our new audio series Master Plan – a scheme first envisioned by the US supreme court justice who created the foundation for Citizens United and the modern era of corporate politics.

Project 2025 touts itself as “the conservative movement’s unified effort to be ready for the next conservative Administration to govern at 12:00 noon, January 20, 2025” – a grandiose and self-important billing, but no overstatement. The 922-page manifesto is a plug-and-play agenda of detailed policies designed to immediately empower the conservative movement, billionaires and Republican donors the moment Trump is sworn in for a second term.

Highlights include plans to kill off climate regulations; eviscerate pollution laws; terminate the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that protects Americans from Wall Street scams; raise taxes on the middle class to finance billionaire and corporate tax cuts; empower the White House to replace civil servants with ideological loyalists; and limit the government’s authority to enforce campaign finance laws designed to deter pay-to-play corruption.

The blueprint’s provenance means that it isn’t some fanciful pie-in-the-sky wishlist – it is a meticulously constructed action plan designed to be implemented, just as an earlier version of it was in Trump’s first term.

Project 2025 was built with the involvement of at least 140 former Trump administration officials, it is endorsed by a constellation of oligarch-funded conservative groups, and it is published by the powerful Heritage Foundation, which Trump himself lauded as “a great group” that is “going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America”..............

The ridiculous flailing is making other people recall their early jobs.

I worked in the kitchen as dishwasher then pantry cook ( prep salads and desserts ) of Bennigans when i was 16, and would eat one "death by chocolate" dessert IN THE WALK IN FREEZER once a week lolol.

Interesting. Why was it okay for Biden to use that photo for his political campaign?

Here’s a Joe Biden political ad from 2020 featuring a video of him standing over a tomb in Section 60 at Arlington, which the Army had nothing to say about at the time.

Yet they condemn Trump despite the fact the Gold Star families invited him and gave him permission to take pictures.

To deflect against the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, the Biden administration tried to prevent Trump from being able to pay respects with the invitations of gold Star families.

The same families that Biden or Harris have ignored. Disgusting, but suprising considers Walz lying about his military record.

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson had to intervene to get former President Donald Trump into Arlington National Cemetery for the third anniversary of the Afghanistan withdrawal with Gold Star families, a family told the Daily Caller.

The Gold Star families, who lost their children during the Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, invited Trump to Arlington National Cemetery. He laid a wreath there for the 13 servicemembers who were killed serving their country in Afghanistan. However, a Gold Star family told the Caller that Arlington National Cemetery was trying to make it difficult for the former President to appear for the ceremony to honor their children, something the families requested.

Arlington National Cemetery told Gold Star families that they could only be there for a specific time that did not work for everyone’s schedule and were also told the president could not join them at their children’s gravesites, the family told the Caller.

Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Rep. Michael McCaul explained to the Caller that he was contacted by Gold Star parents Darin Hoover and Kelly Barnett, the parents of SSGT Taylor Hoover. Hoover and Barnett told him that Arlington Cemetery was giving the Gold Star parents of the U.S. servicemembers killed at Abbey Gate a hard time about coordinating a ceremony with Trump on the anniversary of their deaths.

...Republican California Rep. Darrell Issa has called on Biden to meet with these Gold Star families on multiple occasions, his office told the Caller. He was present for the ceremonies on Monday and had been in contact with Arlington National Cemetery leading up to the anniversary, his office said.

“This administration absolutely interfered with the tributes to the 13 fallen. In its war on Trump, it made the Gold Star families collateral damage,” Issa told the Caller.

“Our office worked with Arlington National Cemetery to move the time of the event, to a time that would accommodate the attendance of President Trump. That was done as a request by the families to this office, as they were not receiving that assistance from Arlington National Cemetery,” two sources close to the discussions told the Caller.

This is the perception of Harris by many people on "the Right"...

When a thread jumps 4-5 pages in an hour, you know it's time to step away because trolls have arrived... again.
    It's a shame yall can't have a left wing circle jerk all of the time amrite?

It's no wonder why the left likes censorship so much. Yall are scared to hear views you disagree with.

This is the perception of Harris by many people on "the Right"...
    Harris is too stupid to be left on her own to say things without a teleprompter or scripted remarks.

Interesting. Why was it okay for Biden to use that photo for his political campaign?

Here’s a Joe Biden political ad from 2020 featuring a video of him standing over a tomb in Section 60 at Arlington, which the Army had nothing to say about at the time.

Yet they condemn Trump despite the fact the Gold Star families invited him and gave him permission to take pictures.

To deflect against the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, the Biden administration tried to prevent Trump from being able to pay respects with the invitations of gold Star families.

The same families that Biden or Harris have ignored. Disgusting, but suprising considers Walz lying about his military record.

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson had to intervene to get former President Donald Trump into Arlington National Cemetery for the third anniversary of the Afghanistan withdrawal with Gold Star families, a family told the Daily Caller.

The Gold Star families, who lost their children during the Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, invited Trump to Arlington National Cemetery. He laid a wreath there for the 13 servicemembers who were killed serving their country in Afghanistan. However, a Gold Star family told the Caller that Arlington National Cemetery was trying to make it difficult for the former President to appear for the ceremony to honor their children, something the families requested.

Arlington National Cemetery told Gold Star families that they could only be there for a specific time that did not work for everyone’s schedule and were also told the president could not join them at their children’s gravesites, the family told the Caller.

Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Rep. Michael McCaul explained to the Caller that he was contacted by Gold Star parents Darin Hoover and Kelly Barnett, the parents of SSGT Taylor Hoover. Hoover and Barnett told him that Arlington Cemetery was giving the Gold Star parents of the U.S. servicemembers killed at Abbey Gate a hard time about coordinating a ceremony with Trump on the anniversary of their deaths.

...Republican California Rep. Darrell Issa has called on Biden to meet with these Gold Star families on multiple occasions, his office told the Caller. He was present for the ceremonies on Monday and had been in contact with Arlington National Cemetery leading up to the anniversary, his office said.

“This administration absolutely interfered with the tributes to the 13 fallen. In its war on Trump, it made the Gold Star families collateral damage,” Issa told the Caller.

“Our office worked with Arlington National Cemetery to move the time of the event, to a time that would accommodate the attendance of President Trump. That was done as a request by the families to this office, as they were not receiving that assistance from Arlington National Cemetery,” two sources close to the discussions told the Caller.

You are delusional to compare what Trump has said and done regarding veterans and compare that to Walz. He wouldn’t even shake hands with an injured vet at his one Convention.
    Who said he has been ignoring those families? The same families that invited him. How convenient.
    What about Trump getting into a public dispute with a Gold Star Family during the last campaign.

It's a shame yall can't have a left wing circle jerk all of the time amrite?

It's no wonder why the left likes censorship so much. Yall are scared to hear views you disagree with.
    This will be my one and only response to you and could care less what you say moving forward...

It's not just that I don't agree with your statements. I definitely do not. Your views, however, are stupid. I won't call them ignorance because being ignorant means you just don't know or understand. I can have a conversation with someone who is ignorant on a topic. You do understand, however. And you push this tigerdropping-level of bullshirt anyway. That's stupid. It's what most trolls like you are - just plain stupid. Might I suggest reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom