Gavin Newsom for President? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    This article quotes current President Biden as he praises California's Governor: Gavin Newsom
    Would any of you Democrats be interested in having Biden withdraw his decision to run for a 2nd term and have Governor Newsom run in his stead?

My question is can Biden campaign? Joe Biden will be an octogenarian on the campaign trial. If he can't keep up the physical demands, and rigors of running for office he should step aside.

It's still not to late to announce your not running, and let a primary race begin. He can even endorse Kamala, she won't win either way.

He seems like he is doing the best campaign possible by going to work every day and solving the problems of the country. Campaigning is not just big rallies and going to 400 towns in 3 month. His style is completely different from a demague like Trump. He meets everyday people at their level and let his actions and work speak for him. Is that enough? I dont know, but it is honest and his work should speak for it self. The important part is that his media people needs to focus on precisely that.

The citizents of the US needs to decide whether they want a chalatan/circus clown/wanna-be dictator like Trump or a serious, caring person who just goes to work every day for the betterment of every citizent of this country. That is what the election is all about

He seems like he is doing the best campaign possible by going to work every day and solving the problems of the country. Campaigning is not just big rallies and going to 400 towns in 3 month. His style is completely different from a demague like Trump. He meets everyday people at their level and let his actions and work speak for him. Is that enough? I dont know, but it is honest and his work should speak for it self. The important part is that his media people needs to focus on precisely that.

The citizents of the US needs to decide whether they want a chalatan/circus clown/wanna-be dictator like Trump or a serious, caring person who just goes to work every day for the betterment of every citizent of this country. That is what the election is all about
    It's not just big rallies and everything but.. everybody on here has to know that Biden is diminished from where he used to be it's just obvious.. he was diminished from where he used to be when he won in 2020 as well I know that but we're probably further down that road now and I think it's probably become more obvious to more people in general.

I think that's the concern for some of us but the others can correct me if what I said there doesn't speak for them.

How do you think Biden is diminished? He has a speech impairment but he has stuttered all his life. He is older yes - and he may not walk as fast but his brain still seems like it is very sharp. His recent meeting with Xi should show that. And he has that special quality that makes him connect with people - unlike Trump who sees everyone as a tool he can use
    Biden also knows how to chose the right aides. One of your best president used a wheelchair remember.

How do you think Biden is diminished? He has a speech impairment but he has stuttered all his life. He is older yes - and he may not walk as fast but his brain still seems like it is very sharp. His recent meeting with Xi should show that. And he has that special quality that makes him connect with people - unlike Trump who sees everyone as a tool he can use
    Biden also knows how to chose the right aides. One of your best president used a wheelchair remember.
    If you watch a Biden speech or something from 10 or so years ago compared to now.. I don't see how you could conclude that he is not diminished from where he was. Like I keep saying, he doesn't have any vigor left to him.

I'm not saying he has dementia or anything but he is an old, old man and he has old man problems.

If you watch a Biden speech or something from 10 or so years ago compared to now.. I don't see how you could conclude that he is not diminished from where he was. Like I keep saying, he doesn't have any vigor left to him.

I'm not saying he has dementia or anything but he is an old, old man and he has old man problems.
    I do agree that he has a gift of connecting with people and I'm not arguing that point.

My question is can Biden campaign? Joe Biden will be an octogenarian on the campaign trial. If he can't keep up the physical demands, and rigors of running for office he should step aside.

It's still not to late to announce your not running, and let a primary race begin. He can even endorse Kamala, she won't win either way.

I have serious concerns about him being on a debate stage for a couple of hours a few times next fall.

I will certainly be voting for Biden against Trump in 2024 and this does not affect that at all.. lol I just checked with my wife and asked her opinion to make sure I'm not just out here on some limb by myself and she strongly agrees with me but maybe it's just my household.

Right now all the Republican focus is on Biden. Remember Newsom had to survive a recall election not too long ago, and being from California will definitely be used against him in the conservative red states. I do like Newsom and I think he could be a good president. I am just afraid that by changing the candidate the democratic party will put the presidency back with Trump. There is a reason for all these polls lately showing one thing and elections showing something else. Remember the link I sent that showed the Trump campaign having financed some of them? The republicans do NOT want Biden to run again!

To be fair to him.. I also had that concern last go around but he did hold his own.
    I would feel better if he had a few real press conferences that lasted more than 10 minutes.

He's been one of the least accessible presidents in my lifetime. Maybe Reagan's second term compared, but i'm not sure.

I would feel better if he had a few real press conferences that lasted more than 10 minutes.

He's been one of the least accessible presidents in my lifetime. Maybe Reagan's second term compared, but i'm not sure.
    Yeah for sure... It's a legitimate concern.

Maybe he chooses not to debate and cites Trump's refusal to debate other Republicans here and just says, "look, you all know who we are, we don't need all this. Make your choice."

He’s been all over the world, to an active war zone twice, visited a whole bunch of states talking about his infrastructure and manufacturing jobs that have been created, visited the UAW picket line.

I don’t know where the least accessible stuff comes from. He doesn’t hold as many press conferences, but he visits cities and meets with local people nearly every week.

As long as Trump is defeated I don't think I'd care who do it in retrospect.

Same here, the sad part is Biden (IMO) is doing a much better job than most would admit....i get the age thing but he has been a very effective president especially after the 4 year train wreck before him.....

Same here, the sad part is Biden (IMO) is doing a much better job than most would admit....i get the age thing but he has been a very effective president especially after the 4 year train wreck before him.....
    In all honesty, while I like Biden, and voted for him, I wasn't sure about his leadership ability. I have changed my mind. He's done an excellent job, particularly in showing off American military power to try and keep the Hamas/Israeli war from spreading.

Any competent, articulate Democrat with low negatives can beat Trump. Two thirds of America wants an alternative to Trump.

Biden has done a good job, but him walking like its a challenges for him, slurring his words, talking incredibly slow, and seeming like he’s confused is effecting how people view him. It's going to draw a stark contrast on stage.

To me the most important thing is beating Trump. MAGA style Facism was attempted in the 30’s in this country with things like Black Legion, but it never got this far because Hitler made Facism a bad word. It's back, and for the first time ever it's staring us right in the face and on the verge of taking over our government.

I think Newsome has a better chance of ending it. He has an ability to make stupid people seem even more stupid than they are. Obama has that ability as well. Put Newsome on stage with Trump and they may very well offer Donald a plastic helmet when he comes off stage. Newsom almost guaranties we dump MAGA on the trash bin of history where it belongs. I don't dislike Biden at all, but he needs to step aside for the betterment of the country.

Any competent, articulate Democrat with low negatives can beat Trump. Two thirds of America wants an alternative to Trump.

Biden has done a good job, but him walking like its a challenges for him, slurring his words, talking incredibly slow, and seeming like he’s confused is effecting how people view him. It's going to draw a stark contrast on stage.

To me the most important thing is beating Trump. MAGA style Facism was attempted in the 30’s in this country with things like Black Legion, but it never got this far because Hitler made Facism a bad word. It's back, and for the first time ever it's staring us right in the face and on the verge of taking over our government.

I think Newsome has a better chance of ending it. He has an ability to make stupid people seem even more stupid than they are. Obama has that ability as well. Put Newsome on stage with Trump and they may very well offer Donald a plastic helmet when he comes off stage. Newsom almost guaranties we dump MAGA on the trash bin of history where it belongs. I don't dislike Biden at all, but he needs to step aside for the betterment of the country.
    I could not agree with this more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom